• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

This is too funny. I comment on your update earlier today; you comment on my update on our April adventure. I then go and update the PTR for the girls trip and come back to find you did another update. :lmao::lmao:

I'm glad you got a nap in. Every once in awhile I like an afternoon nap (my husband snores too but, in all fairness, so do I).

We went to Disney Quest once with the kids when it first opened (we got in for free through a friend of my bosses). I hated it then and we always told the kids afterwards that they closed it because it didn't draw in enough kids. I know...I'm a bad momma. ;)

Can't wait to hear about shopping.

Glad you got in a nap!
Too bad DQ was so busy. I also don't like the place. Tried it once and DH enjoyed it. I can definitely see it getting crowded on rainy days though.

This is too funny. I comment on your update earlier today; you comment on my update on our April adventure. I then go and update the PTR for the girls trip and come back to find you did another update. :lmao::lmao:

I'm stalking you !! :rotfl: Looks like we just had the same DIS schedule that day.

I'm glad you got a nap in. Every once in awhile I like an afternoon nap (my husband snores too but, in all fairness, so do I).

I really needed that nap. I make him sleep in the other room at home when he gets too loud. He says I snore a little bit when I sleep on my back, but it is no where near as loud as him. He can be asleep downstairs on the sofa and he will wake me up while I am upstairs sleeping. And he refuses to do anything about it. It's horrible.

We went to Disney Quest once with the kids when it first opened (we got in for free through a friend of my bosses). I hated it then and we always told the kids afterwards that they closed it because it didn't draw in enough kids. I know...I'm a bad momma. ;)

I am with you. I hate that place. It is so dark and depressing and I get migraines, so all of the blinking lights will trigger one. So DH agrees to take them. He says they won't ever go during Spring Break again, though. The kids said it wasn't fun at all.

Can't wait to hear about shopping.

We had a fun little shopping trip !!

Glad you got in a nap!
Too bad DQ was so busy. I also don't like the place. Tried it once and DH enjoyed it. I can definitely see it getting crowded on rainy days though.

See my response to Kathy above. I hate it, too. I like the water parks though. Maybe I just prefer to be outside. Disney Quest is just too clausterphobic for me. :crowded:

After lunch at Columbia Harbor House, DD wanted to ride the caroussel, so she did that.

She looks thrilled. :lmao:

And I actually got about a two hour nap. And it was so great. Usually, I can’t nap during the day, but I guess I really needed the rest.
So... what you're really saying is nobody really cares how busy Disney Quest is on a rainy day during spring break... :rolleyes1

We didn’t have anything planned for the evening, so DH and DS wanted to go see a movie. They wanted to see Olympus Has Fallen.
I want to see that one. Can't convince DW. Did they like it?

I hope the shopping trip and the walking don't turn out to be too much.

I love shopping on Main Street. I hope the crowds weren't too much and you and your daughter had a great time.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the TR as well as I usually do. Too much going on! I swear, every update makes me miss BLT! THOSE CUPCAKES AT CONTEMPO AHHHHHHH. Nothing beats them.

Here I am echoing Marissa's sentiments, but its SO true. Those cupcakes are simply amazing!

Glad that the kids got use out of their PAP with a visit to DQ. I might just have to use mine for the same thing. ;)

Pretty pictures from MK!

Hey, I'm halfway caught up! :rotfl2:

I can't believe they had a room ready for you at 9:30am. Nice!

That one picture your hubby took (I believe) of the Contemporary from BLT is frameworthy. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure I believe your story about the woman in the tight miniskirt at the pool. Next time, we need pictures. :rolleyes2

I'm glad you got to go to BB without any pre-planning, so nice to have a pass that allows you to do that.

More comments another time!

She looks thrilled. :lmao:

LOL. Just waiting for the ride to start up already.

So... what you're really saying is nobody really cares how busy Disney Quest is on a rainy day during spring break... :rolleyes1

They said it was super packed and NOT fun.

I want to see that one. Can't convince DW. Did they like it?

They DID like it. Very much.

I hope the shopping trip and the walking don't turn out to be too much.

I was sore and needed some ice and pain pill when I got back, but it wasn't too bad. Baby steps.

I love shopping on Main Street. I hope the crowds weren't too much and you and your daughter had a great time.

It was crowded outside but the shops inside weren't crowded. It was a fun shopping trip. Update on that coming up soon !!

Here I am echoing Marissa's sentiments, but its SO true. Those cupcakes are simply amazing!

Yes, the cupcakes were very good. And HUGE !!!

Glad that the kids got use out of their PAP with a visit to DQ. I might just have to use mine for the same thing. ;)

Don't go when it is raining or crowded. NOT fun, they said. Not fun at all.

Pretty pictures from MK!

I have more !!!

Hey, I'm halfway caught up! :rotfl2:

LOL .... baby steps !!

I can't believe they had a room ready for you at 9:30am. Nice!

It really WAS awesome. Got to go up right away. We had good room mojo on this trip.

That one picture your hubby took (I believe) of the Contemporary from BLT is frameworthy. :thumbsup2

I will tell him. He definitely takes better photos than me. He says I'm too impatient. And he would be right. But don't tell him I said that. :laughing:

I'm not sure I believe your story about the woman in the tight miniskirt at the pool. Next time, we need pictures. :rolleyes2

I thought about it .... I really did. But I held back. Maybe next time I will. She was something.

I'm glad you got to go to BB without any pre-planning, so nice to have a pass that allows you to do that.

It really was nice and our AP's are good through November, so we are going to take advantage again over Labor Day and hit Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

More comments another time!

See you then !!!

Day 5 – Part Four

Shopping at Magic Kingdom

I wanted to look in every shop since I had not ever gotten a chance to do that. First we checked out the hat shop.

And then the Confectionary.

These huge Rice Krispie treats always amaze me. I secretly want to get one, even though I know it would be too much. I wonder how many they sell. I have never seen anyone get one, but they must or else they wouldn’t have them for sale …right ??

Another delicious photo.

We moved on to the next shop and looked in there.

We keep meaning to try this game, but never get around to it. Maybe in September. We did something similar on the Dream and really enjoyed it.

I love this peaceful alleyway.

We moved on to other shops. At some point, I bought another charm for my Pandora bracelet.

I think this was in the Emporium after we crossed the street.

A cute dress.

And another.

Some cell phone covers I liked.

We bought most of our things at the Emporium.

I got DD a baby tiger

And a vinylmation

I got

A puzzle

This is a really fun puzzle. It has most all of the characters on it. We had a good time putting it together.

We got DD these popsicle thingys.

She loves these. We have been making popsicles out of everything. Soda, juice, kool-aid, lemonade, water …..

I got some magnets for a coworker

One of friends has a new baby boy, so I got her this.

After our shopping trip we monorailed back to the Contemporary.

Gotta love shopping at Disney. :) I found out a few weeks ago that one of my good friends is having a baby in August. I am already trying to figure out something Disney-related to get her. :rolleyes1

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is fun! We didn't play at all this trip...just collected the cards. LOL.

Gotta love shopping at Disney. :) I found out a few weeks ago that one of my good friends is having a baby in August. I am already trying to figure out something Disney-related to get her. :rolleyes1

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is fun! We didn't play at all this trip...just collected the cards. LOL.

I have always wanted to really take the time and go through the shops on Main Street and I am so glad we did. Being so close by was key to going over there to just spend a couple of hours shopping.

We definitely need to take the time and play the game. I think my DS would really like it.

Love DDs new pose with her peace sign! Cute!

That picture on the carousel is hilarious! She looks so annoyed and bored! haha.

I have that same chamilia charm on my pandora bracelet! I love it! I really like that iphone 5 small world cover. Good purchases! I think i remember hearing about Disney Quest being closed to capacity that day. I remember thinking, "It must be crazy there for DQ to be closed!" Hearing that it was raining makes sense!

Anyway, they came back from Disney Quest and said it wasn’t fun at all. Since it was raining, it was way too crowded. DH even heard them at the front door telling people that they were at capacity and weren’t letting any more people in. DH said it was awful. So people …. Don’t go to Disney Quest during Spring Break when it is raining.

Disney Quest + rain = mob scene. I would have been beyond PO'ed if I had shelled out $40+ and had to deal with a mob scene in that place.

Day 5 – Part Four

I love, love, LOVE that white bag with the black Mickey head on it next to the dress. That is on the list for sure!

I really like those Mary Blair phone covers too. I need another Disney phone cover like I need a hole in the head. If I were going to splurge, I would probably have to get that PUSH one they came out with a couple of months ago.

Look at you WALKING to do your shopping! That is so exciting. I know you've been doing PT for a while, but that's great that you did all that walking around to shop!

You should make you one of those rice krispie treat things. It could be desert for several days. Plus it would be easy and fun to make.

Okay, so you wanna hear my new crazy idea??? Of course you do, I'm a weirdo and that's what you love about me...it's in writing. :rotfl:

Anyway, when I had to cancel my trip for this upcoming weekend, I rebooked for Memorial Day weekend. You know, me and my Star Wars, plus I'd read all the rumors of the 24 hr. thing on Friday that were going around a few weeks ago, and I really wanted to that as well. Well, now I think what we may try to do instead of spending a long weekend at WDW is go to all three US parks that are open 24 hrs! It'll be tiring, but a great adventure! The whole trip to WDW is contingent on what I make in the neighborhood yard sale this weekend (I have some furniture, and other nicer items I'm trying to sell). I don't think I'll be able to get close enough to make the bi-costal 24 hour extravaganza do-able, but I sure am having fun planning it! Maybe DD is right...we should just go to Cali. Or maybe I'll actually get through on a radio contest here to win a 6day/5night trip to WDW. With that portion taken care of, I could go to CA.

It's a long shot at best, but it's good to have a dream, right? (breaks into song..I have a dream. <she has a dream> I want to see the floating lanterns gleam.)

Love DDs new pose with her peace sign! Cute!

That picture on the carousel is hilarious! She looks so annoyed and bored! haha.

I have that same chamilia charm on my pandora bracelet! I love it! I really like that iphone 5 small world cover. Good purchases! I think i remember hearing about Disney Quest being closed to capacity that day. I remember thinking, "It must be crazy there for DQ to be closed!" Hearing that it was raining makes sense!

I didn't really notice the peace sign until you said something. I guess she does do that in a few photos. Give peace a chance, yo !! :hippie:

She really loves the carousel, I am sure she was just waiting for it to start up. I have a photo of her smiling but it is super blurry.

I love that charm, too. It's pink, sparkly and in the shape of a Mickey head. Happiness !!

Yes, DH and the kids said it was crazy in there. We will try it again in September when it isn't so crowded. Or rather, I will get DH to take them and I can stay back and maybe get another nap. Twice in one year !! LOL. I NEVER get a nap !!

Love all of your purchases. I may have to get that popsicle thingy for Mark for baseball season.

Cute dresses...may have to take a look at them myself for work. :)

Disney Quest + rain = mob scene. I would have been beyond PO'ed if I had shelled out $40+ and had to deal with a mob scene in that place.

And I don't know why we didn't even think it might be insanely crowded. We would have been PO'ed, too having to spend that much. I bet a lot of those people in there WERE PO'ed

I really like those Mary Blair phone covers too. I need another Disney phone cover like I need a hole in the head. If I were going to splurge, I would probably have to get that PUSH one they came out with a couple of months ago.

I have been thinking about getting another one. I only have one, so I definitely need to catch up with you, right ?? Oooooo, I haven't seen the PUSH one. Cool.

Look at you WALKING to do your shopping! That is so exciting. I know you've been doing PT for a while, but that's great that you did all that walking around to shop!

I am getting around MUCH better, but I still can't go far or do too much. I still have to ice every day and I need a painkiller to get to sleep as it hurts the most at night when I get off of it and then it swells. I figured I could handle walking up and down Main Street. Now that I think back on it, I scootered over there and parked the scooter outside of the Theater right at the entrance in the stroller parking there. We did ride the monorail back though.

You should make you one of those rice krispie treat things. It could be desert for several days. Plus it would be easy and fun to make.

We have made the smaller ones with our Mickey head cookie cutter. Those huge ones are fun to look at though. I definitely don't need one that big. I seriously wonder how many of those they sell.

Okay, so you wanna hear my new crazy idea??? Of course you do, I'm a weirdo and that's what you love about me...it's in writing. :rotfl:

Truth !!!

Anyway, when I had to cancel my trip for this upcoming weekend, I rebooked for Memorial Day weekend. You know, me and my Star Wars, plus I'd read all the rumors of the 24 hr. thing on Friday that were going around a few weeks ago, and I really wanted to that as well. Well, now I think what we may try to do instead of spending a long weekend at WDW is go to all three US parks that are open 24 hrs! It'll be tiring, but a great adventure! The whole trip to WDW is contingent on what I make in the neighborhood yard sale this weekend (I have some furniture, and other nicer items I'm trying to sell). I don't think I'll be able to get close enough to make the bi-costal 24 hour extravaganza do-able, but I sure am having fun planning it! Maybe DD is right...we should just go to Cali. Or maybe I'll actually get through on a radio contest here to win a 6day/5night trip to WDW. With that portion taken care of, I could go to CA.

I really want to go to Disneyland, too and so does DD. We need to do that someday and stay at the Grand Californian on DVC points. I'll work on DH.

It's a long shot at best, but it's good to have a dream, right? (breaks into song..I have a dream. <she has a dream> I want to see the floating lanterns gleam.)

Ahhhhh ..... I love that song. And yes, it is good to have a dream. Don't you DARE cancel the September trip. I really want to see you !!!

Love all of your purchases. I may have to get that popsicle thingy for Mark for baseball season.

Cute dresses...may have to take a look at them myself for work. :)

DD LOVES that popsicle maker !!! LOVES it !! She filled it a little too high with strawberry soda the other day and made a huge mess in the freezer. They tasted awesome though !!

I loved those dresses. I am way too chubs to look good in them though .... sigh !! They looked like they would be super comfy. I still want one.

Nice shopping trip. Looks like you managed to get some nice things without maxing out all the credit cards. I call that a win. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I love just having a half day at school because I CAN CATCH UP ON TRs!

And btw, thank you :-)

That mini golf course is precious! Omg I love it.

I am going to LOVE BLT because it’s gonna be awesome (DUH) but taking the monorail or walking to MK is going to be like the coolest thing EVAH.

What do they really have in the new queue for BTMR?

I just LOVE the plaza. We had SUCH a good experience there in August and I want to go back so bad.

Your pictures of the imaginary crowds are AWESOME. Mum won’t get up early enough so we never make it for morning EMH. That will be different in August. Just sayin’.

Oh my GOD you guys did a lot that morning.

Your pictures of Main St are killing me right now. UGH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter