Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

It is very hard to go anywhere without the scooter key. :rotfl2: Sounds like a great morning and you really accomplished a lot. I like the train ride as a change of pace.

Yes, we couldn't go anywhere. He had my phone, too. But thankfuly, DS had his phone so we were able to use that.

We love the train. I haven't ridden it in a while because of the scooter. You can't take it with you on the train, so if you want to ride the train you have to back to the stop you left the scooter at. When I don't have the scooter, the train is a good way to get from one part of the park to the other.

CHH is amazing. I never ate there til this past august. If I can convince my DH to like shrimp we will be splitting a platter too. I force myself to eat it all and you are right it really is more than enough for 2 people. One of the reasons we aren't doing the DP on our trip. I eat more food than I really want to eat and we throw out desserts because we never get around to them.

We have really mastered the Dining Plan. By splitting meals, we never have to pay OOP for anything.

Good idea going to MK so early!! 7 AM opening - that's awesome! :thumbsup2 Too bad the sky looks like it was a bit dreary though.

It was hard to get up and it was a drizzly day, but we got A LOT done and then pretty much had the rest of the day to do other stuff.

7 AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom are the best! So worth getting up early! What day was this? We went to the MK for 7 AM opening on Thursday (the 5th) and were a little hesitant because it looked like there was going to be rain).

7 AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom are the best! So worth getting up early! What day was this? We went to the MK for 7 AM opening on Thursday (the 5th) and were a little hesitant because it looked like there was going to be rain).

This was Thursday !! It was kinda drizzly all morning, but from what I remember, it really rained later on in the day. But it cleared out later that evening. And it rained a bit the following day, but only for about an hour or two. For the most part, we had fantastic weather. We got A LOT done that morning and didn't have to wait long for anything. I think we waited longer for our food than anything.

It only rained because you were there :rotfl2::lmao: Just kidding !! I remember you saying that it always rained when went ...LOL.

This was Thursday !! It was kinda drizzly all morning, but from what I remember, it really rained later on in the day. But it cleared out later that evening. And it rained a bit the following day, but only for about an hour or two. For the most part, we had fantastic weather. We got A LOT done that morning and didn't have to wait long for anything. I think we waited longer for our food than anything.

It only rained because you were there :rotfl2::lmao: Just kidding !! I remember you saying that it always rained when went ...LOL.

Oh wait, we were there on Friday (Friday was the 5th...not Thursday...whoops!). Thursday we were at Epcot and yeah, it was pretty dreary that morning. I was afraid we weren't going to be able to ride Test Track because they made an announcement saying that inclement weather was approaching. :rolleyes2

Overall, the weather was not too bad...I don't think anything will compare to that trip my sister and I took a couple years ago where we had 2 days of nonstop rain! But I guess I was hoping for a little more sunshine because the weather here had been so miserable/cold.

Oh wait, we were there on Friday (Friday was the 5th...not Thursday...whoops!). Thursday we were at Epcot and yeah, it was pretty dreary that morning. I was afraid we weren't going to be able to ride Test Track because they made an announcement saying that inclement weather was approaching. :rolleyes2

Overall, the weather was not too bad...I don't think anything will compare to that trip my sister and I took a couple years ago where we had 2 days of nonstop rain! But I guess I was hoping for a little more sunshine because the weather here had been so miserable/cold.

Yeah, you guys have had too long of a winter that is for sure.

We got lucky with our schedule this past trip and we were able to dodge the rain overall and it didn't impact our trip much. We had a great week !! Two of our best trips have been during Spring Break. It was crowded, but we love it during that time !!

Love it when it is just a lil rainy and the people fade!!

It really helped keep the crowds down that morning and the fact that it was open so early. We got so much done in five hours. When we were leaving though, it was getting pretty crowded.

Reminds me!!! I need to find ponchos... :/

Yes. The ones they sell at the parks are $7-8 a piece. We got ours at Wal-Mart or something. 2 for $1 or so. They were really cheap though, the kind you throw away. But look in the camping section of your local superstore and you can find some decent quality ones that aren't super expensive.

Yes. The ones they sell at the parks are $7-8 a piece. We got ours at Wal-Mart or something. 2 for $1 or so. They were really cheap though, the kind you throw away. But look in the camping section of your local superstore and you can find some decent quality ones that aren't super expensive.

Target has some great somes. :)

You definitely made the right call by going to MK despite the rain. I always love a little bit of rain to help keep the crowds down. You really got a lot done that morning, and I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the New Fantasyland with such a small crowd. :lmao:

LOVE the Plaza...the food is good (french fries are the best in all of Disney in my opinion) and the ice cream. :thumbsup2 It's always our last meal of our long trips.

A rainy morning at the MK is sometimes the best...it keeps the crowds away. You guys a lot done in that amount of time (and we love Columbia Harbor House too!).

Loved the golf pics, hoping to get to one of them on our trip. I'm also grateful for your dining reports, I was really only excited about BOG and nutella waffles, but now I'm happy to see some other great places to try!

You definitely made the right call by going to MK despite the rain. I always love a little bit of rain to help keep the crowds down. You really got a lot done that morning, and I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the New Fantasyland with such a small crowd. :lmao:

yes, that area is usually pretty packed. Under the Sea was a walk on. Well we had to wait for this lady and her daughter to take 5,000 photos of the queue on their way through. They couldn't just wave us all past. They had to hold up the line for their photos :confused3:crazy2:

LOVE the Plaza...the food is good (french fries are the best in all of Disney in my opinion) and the ice cream. :thumbsup2 It's always our last meal of our long trips.

A rainy morning at the MK is sometimes the best...it keeps the crowds away. You guys a lot done in that amount of time (and we love Columbia Harbor House too!).

I agree. The french fries there are perfect. We loved it and will definitely go back.

I am glad we made the decision to get up and go. It really made a difference and it rained harder later in the day. LOVE Columbia Harbor House. It never disappoints us.

Loved the golf pics, hoping to get to one of them on our trip. I'm also grateful for your dining reports, I was really only excited about BOG and nutella waffles, but now I'm happy to see some other great places to try!

Mini golf was fun and the courses are so cute and really family friendly.

I am glad the reviews are helping you. That is one of the reasons we all share our experiences. I have learned the most things about WDW through trip reports and dining reviews.

great report. Sounds like a fantastic trip. I can't wait to hear what happens next. We've never stayed at the Contemporary. It must be great to be able to walk over to the MK whenever you want to. You have a lovely family! We are going in May and your report is making me so excited!

great report. Sounds like a fantastic trip. I can't wait to hear what happens next. We've never stayed at the Contemporary. It must be great to be able to walk over to the MK whenever you want to. You have a lovely family! We are going in May and your report is making me so excited!

Hey, thanks for following along !! We LOVED Bay Lake Tower. LOVED it !! It was sad to leave.

Thanks !!

Tell us about your trip. Where are you staying. How long ?? Give us the details !!

Day 5 – Part Three

After lunch at Columbia Harbor House, DD wanted to ride the caroussel, so she did that.

We took a few photos on the way out.

This was about 12:30 PM and the crowds were really picking up.

DD wanted to take the monorail back instead of walking, so we did that. The Contemporary is the next stop on the monorail from Magic Kingdom.

Heading back over to BLT

At this point it was raining pretty hard. The kids wanted to go to Disney Quest. Since we have a Premium Annual Pass, we have unlimited access to the water parks and Disney Quest. I wanted to try and get a nap. DH snores pretty bad and even though I have ear plugs, I can still hear him and I hadn’t been sleeping well at all. So I was exhausted. DH said he would take them over there.

And I actually got about a two hour nap. And it was so great. Usually, I can’t nap during the day, but I guess I really needed the rest.

Anyway, they came back from Disney Quest and said it wasn’t fun at all. Since it was raining, it was way too crowded. DH even heard them at the front door telling people that they were at capacity and weren’t letting any more people in. DH said it was awful. So people …. Don’t go to Disney Quest during Spring Break when it is raining. DH said he was glad we had the Premium Pass because if he had to pay OOP to get in there that day, he would have been VERY disappointed. Overall, they like it there, but on this day, it was just too crowded for them to have fun. Me ??? I hate the place.
Anyway, after they got back, it was time for dinner so we headed over to Contempo Café.

A couple of photos from dinner.

For a full review of this meal go HERE.

We didn’t have anything planned for the evening, so DH and DS wanted to go see a movie. They wanted to see Olympus Has Fallen. DD and I didn’t want to do that.

After my afternoon nap, I was good to go, so we took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom - just to go shopping on Main Street. I left the scooter at the room and we walked to the monorail. I figured if we just walked up Main Street and back, it wouldn’t be too much for me.

Next – our evening of shopping at MK.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the TR as well as I usually do. Too much going on! I swear, every update makes me miss BLT! THOSE CUPCAKES AT CONTEMPO AHHHHHHH. Nothing beats them.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the TR as well as I usually do. Too much going on! I swear, every update makes me miss BLT! THOSE CUPCAKES AT CONTEMPO AHHHHHHH. Nothing beats them.

It is always good to be busy, though. It helps pass the time between trips, right ??

DD really loved her cupcakes !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter