Just Got Off - New Dining Rotation

SCREAM . . . . . .

Over planner here all stressed out.:scared: :scared1: :eek: :confused3

I too planned Palo around what I thought were normal Western rotations - Tuesday Night for Palo. :thumbsup2

Trekygirl26 - thank you for the head's up and the description above BUT what menu each night (LAP) their unique menus? What was the menu on night 3? Rotation Nights? Etc.!!?? :confused:

I assume the 1st , 6th and 7th havn't changed at all. What about 2-5.
If they just traded 3 and 4 I can probably fix that onboard as we plan to get there by 10:00 and many people avoid Palo th efirst 3 nights for the rotations. (A girl can hope.) I'll forget about wanting L for formal night and PC for Pirate Night.

I know that many would take Palo almost any night BUT we don't feel that way LOL Parrot Cay is our favorite restaurant!!:lmao:
Over planner here too! With our cruise in only 3 weeks, I think I have to know! Since they were supposed to be trying some of the new menus out, but didn't have everything, I wonder if they will use night 3 for the new menus. Might be nice!

SCREAM . . . . . .

Trekygirl26 - thank you for the head's up and the description above BUT what menu each night (LAP) their unique menus? What was the menu on night 3? Rotation Nights? Etc.!!?? :confused:
:

UPDATED!!!!! SUNDAY NIGHT

Each of the restaurants still have their own unique menu's they are just on different days. Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday are the unique menu days. Monday was Formal night, Wednesday was Pirate night, Thursday was Captains Gala and Friday was Till We Meet Again.

HOWEVER!!!

We were told that the menu's are changing to match the shows. our waiter said that they just didn't get everything done in time for our sailing. What i don't know for sure is if he was just talking about the look of the actual Menu (one will looking like a golden Mickey) or if he meant the food himself. Hopefully someone who is on the Magic now can give us an update when they get back on Saturday.

Each of the restaurants still have their own unique menu's they are just on different days. Saturday, Monday, Tuesday are the unique menu days. Sunday was Forma night, Wednesday was Pirate night, Thursday was Captains Gala and Friday was Till We Meet Again.

HOWEVER!!!

We were told that the menu's are changing to match the shows. our waiter said that they just didn't get everything done in time for our sailing. What i don't know for sure is if he was just talking about the look of the actual Menu (one will looking like a golden Mickey) or if he meant the food itself. Hopefully someone who is on the Magic now can give us an update when they get back on Saturday.

Thank you for the extra info.:thumbsup2

Each of the restaurants still have their own unique menu's they are just on different days. Saturday, Monday, Tuesday are the unique menu days. Sunday was Forma night, Wednesday was Pirate night, Thursday was Captains Gala and Friday was Till We Meet Again.

HOWEVER!!!

We were told that the menu's are changing to match the shows. our waiter said that they just didn't get everything done in time for our sailing. What i don't know for sure is if he was just talking about the look of the actual Menu (one will looking like a golden Mickey) or if he meant the food himself. Hopefully someone who is on the Magic now can give us an update when they get back on Saturday.

Treky, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday nights are the regular restaurant menus. Monday night was the Master Chef Menu for formal night. All your other nights were right on! :)

Interesting! Like others have said, I guess I have to reconsider my plan. We had planned Palo for night 4 so as to be sure not to miss our first night in Animators. Now I'm debating between night 3 and night 6.

It sounds like this new rotation is pretty much a done deal? If anybody's heard anything contrary to this information, please post. My cruise plans open tonight at midnight, and I'm worried about messing everything up for our group of 10.

OK...scratch that...this is not something to "worry" over. :)

Interesting! Like others have said, I guess I have to reconsider my plan. We had planned Palo for night 4 so as to be sure not to miss our first night in Animators. Now I'm debating between night 3 and night 6.

It sounds like this new rotation is pretty much a done deal? If anybody's heard anything contrary to this information, please post. My cruise plans open tonight at midnight, and I'm worried about messing everything up for our group of 10.

OK...scratch that...this is not something to "worry" over. :)

Good luck its a difficult one, without prior knowledge and no one actually knowing the full impact changes you will just have to go with your instinct and the views of the posters who have just come off the Magic and experienced it first hand.

Best of luck.

Navigators...we need navigators, people! ;)

I don't see why they can't give us advance notice on our dining rotations a little before the cruise. I want to be able to book Palo's when we board, but there are certain restaurants that I don't want to miss.

Navigators...we need navigators, people! ;)

I don't see why they can't give us advance notice on our dining rotations a little before the cruise. I want to be able to book Palo's when we board, but there are certain restaurants that I don't want to miss.

I know this is like one year I had at WDW, I just worked out and booked all my ADR's at the restaurants I wanted, and got everything including Cinderellas royal table and they changed the early entry programme days/nights/parks, etc, so had to change part of it, and as ressies had gone keep part of it.

The late notice yesterday has caught everyone on the hop, no one really knows the full impact, as the new menus were not out.

Navigators in the next week would help and reports form people actually cruising, but for people booking tonight it is a concern.

Okay, I'm breathing normally again!

This is also confusing because the nights are different for the cruises going on right now and the Mexican Riviera cruises this summer. We are traveling in July. The 105 day mark for us I think is 3/30/08. I think it is best if we go to Palo on the third night, this way we won't miss being in one of the restaurants for the first time. We are traveling with friends who have never cruised before and don't want them to possibly miss being in Animator's for the first time. I am going to request the PLLAPLA. Hopefully it will all work out.

HOWEVER!!!

Wait - Sunday - Key West was formal night? Menu - ? rotation or Master Chef? (I need rotation and menus).

Don't Panic. Treky's information is incorrect. Formal night is on Monday and has the Master Chef menu.

Am I understanding right that they are testing this on the Magic right now, but that it is really for the Mexican Riviera cruises? I'm booked in Oct 08 on the Magic . . . I guess the dust will settle by then. :confused:

Hi I am new to this discussion board thing. My friend told me about this. I noticed you are also going on the Aug 17th sailing. I am so getting excited.

Treky, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday nights are the regular restaurant menus. Monday night was the Master Chef Menu for formal night. All your other nights were right on! :)

You are right, i read my navigators wrong. Oops :) I have changed my post so future readers won't be confused.

Hi I am new to this discussion board thing. My friend told me about this. I noticed you are also going on the Aug 17th sailing. I am so getting excited.

Welcome!! The people here are so helpful, and you can really count on the things they tell you. I rely on these boards for a lot of information, and the Disers have yet to steer me wrong.

Enjoy!! :)

We've only sailed a 3 night, so I'm not sure I know how the dress code works on a 7 night. If it's stated as cruise casual attire and you are in Lumiere's, you don't dress up? Ex. if you have the APPLAPL rotation, if night 4 is Lumiere's but it's stated as cruise casual, DH would dress down vs. jacket and slacks?

We're going on the Mex. Riv and we like to dress up, so I planned for a formal night, a semi-formal night and a Palo dress up night, but I planned Palo for night 3 which used to be cruise casual. Now if I read the new changes correctly it would be formal night, thus we'd be going to Palo on formal night which is what I didn't want to do. (We've seen AP show, so I don't mind if we miss it.) We'd have one less night to dress up.

So, knowing we like to dress up, should I change Palo to night 2, if there's availability? I suppose I need to cancel night 3 before changing it to night 2. Oh, why oh why did they change it AFTER I made my reservations?:rotfl:

I think that the second night is Formal night for the Mexican Riviera cruises so your ressie should be okay. I have emailed the concierge team last night asking for conformation of this. I will post when they respond to me. I think Formal night is the third night for the Western Carribean cruises. If I am wrong, I'm sure that someone will correct this information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter