Just Got Off - New Dining Rotation

You were also on the Eastern, which may have made a difference. The dining rotations were changed for the Western. It will be interesting to see if they are changed for this next week's sailing.

I just called DCL and asked about Pirate Night on the Magic for the Eastern on April 12 - he told me it's still the 4th night. I was worried about my Palo reservation on the 5th night.

I emailed Small World Vacations who, as she was typing her response to me got another email from Disney with the following info:

Eastern Cruise-
Day 1 Casual
Day 2 Formal
Day 3 Casual
Day 4 Casual
Day 5 Pirate
Day 6 Semi Formal
Day 7 Casual

5:30 and 8:00 LAAPLAP
5:45 and 8:15 APPLAPL
6:00 and 8:30 PLLAPLA

Of course, this is subject to change as they find what works best. We sail in 3 weeks and it figures I've got Palo booked for what is now Pirate night.pirate:

This was definitely NOT the case on our Western (Mar 15-22, just got back yesterday). We had the 5:45 and it was APLAPLA. Pirate night was day 4, not day 5. Master Chef was day 2 (that was a change).

Bumping this, as I am on the April 26th Eastern, and am overplanning and trying to schedule so that things work out that:
a) we don't miss the first Animators Palate (have two new cruisers with us)
b) don't have our Palo on Pirate night
c) don't have two palo meals in one day (we are scheduling brunch, tea, and dinner for Palo)

So, Eastern cruisers, please keep us up to date on the rotations and which night is which! The hair you save may be my own.

We just finished the 3/22/08 Western. We had PLLAPLA 6:00 pm. Monday Formal and Master Chef, Wednesday Pirate, Thursday Semi-formal and Captains Gala

Bumping this, as I am on the April 26th Eastern, and am overplanning and trying to schedule so that things work out that:
a) we don't miss the first Animators Palate (have two new cruisers with us)
b) don't have our Palo on Pirate night
c) don't have two palo meals in one day (we are scheduling brunch, tea, and dinner for Palo)

So, Eastern cruisers, please keep us up to date on the rotations and which night is which! The hair you save may be my own.

i'm on this sailing to so it would be very good to know.

We just finished the 3/22/08 Western. We had PLLAPLA 6:00 pm. Monday Formal and Master Chef, Wednesday Pirate, Thursday Semi-formal and Captains Gala
Were there any changes in the actual menus, or just in what day they were served on? We are on the next Western. Thanks!

This was definitely NOT the case on our Western (Mar 15-22, just got back yesterday). We had the 5:45 and it was APLAPLA. Pirate night was day 4, not day 5. Master Chef was day 2 (that was a change).

Was Pirate night changed? I don't remember it being on Grand Cayman night before. Yikes....I have Palo booked for that night! That doesn't seem right...go to Grand Cayman all day, have Pirate night and then get up early to get to Cozumel the next morning. That's a lot.

I'm confused now! 2 of you guys sailed the same dates but had different pirate nights:confused3 ? Hmm....does that mean we get to have 2 pirate parties??:banana: :banana:

So, was pirate night on the 4th night or the 5th night? Tuesday (Grand Cayman) or Wednesday (Cozumel)?

2 parties would be nice but not sure about back to back!:headache:

I couldn't figure out what post was from someone on my same cruise that you were referring to.

I have all my navigators in front of me so I will make sure I am giving the correct information:

Cruise March 22 - 29

Saturday - Cruise Casual
Sunday - Key West - Cruise Casual
Monday - At Sea, Formal, Master Chef
Tuesday - Supposed to be Grand Cayman but revised day at sea, Cruise Casual
Wednesday - Cozumel, Pirates IN the Caribbean
Thursday -At Sea, Semi-Formal, Captains Gala
Friday - Castaway Cay, Cruise Casual

To answer the question about have the menus changed? I don't know as this was our first 7 day. According to my Passporter, regular rotation is days 1 -3 with 3 being formal night. Formal night is the same but we didn't get our 3rd regular rotation until day 4. In the passporter, Day 4 was Master Chef so that is changed but since it was our 2nd time at Lumiere's, I guess it hasn't really change just when it occurs. Pirates was day 5 so that is the same. Captains Gala was day 6 so that is the same. In the rotation, we went twice to Lumiere's before going to Animators once PLLAPLA.

I couldn't figure out what post was from someone on my same cruise that you were referring to.

I have all my navigators in front of me so I will make sure I am giving the correct information:

Cruise March 22 - 29

Saturday - Cruise Casual
Sunday - Key West - Cruise Casual
Monday - At Sea, Formal, Master Chef
Tuesday - Supposed to be Grand Cayman but revised day at sea, Cruise Casual
Wednesday - Cozumel, Pirates IN the Caribbean
Thursday -At Sea, Semi-Formal, Captains Gala
Friday - Castaway Cay, Cruise Casual

To answer the question about have the menus changed? I don't know as this was our first 7 day. According to my Passporter, regular rotation is days 1 -3 with 3 being formal night. Formal night is the same but we didn't get our 3rd regular rotation until day 4. In the passporter, Day 4 was Master Chef so that is changed but since it was our 2nd time at Lumiere's, I guess it hasn't really change just when it occurs. Pirates was day 5 so that is the same. Captains Gala was day 6 so that is the same. In the rotation, we went twice to Lumiere's before going to Animators once PLLAPLA.

Thank you for the post and update.:thumbsup2

Thank you for the post and update.:thumbsup2

Just got off the 3/29 Magic (Eastern). Dining rotations and Pirate night were all as previously published - APL, PLA and LAP (we had PLA), and Pirate Night was on night 4 (after leaving St. Maarten).

Also no engine problems whatsoever....

I am also concerned as we do not want to attend Captains Gala on our Mexican Riviera. I am assuming for now it is on Formal night but still clueless:confused3

SCREAM . . . . . .

Over planner here all stressed out.:scared: :scared1: :eek: :confused3

I too planned Palo around what I thought were normal Western rotations - Tuesday Night for Palo. :thumbsup2

Trekygirl26 - thank you for the head's up and the description above BUT what menu each night (LAP) their unique menus? What was the menu on night 3? Rotation Nights? Etc.!!?? :confused:

I assume the 1st , 6th and 7th haven't changed at all. What about 2-5.
If they just traded 3 and 4 I can probably fix that on-board as we plan to get there by 10:00 and many people avoid Palo the first 3 nights for the rotations. (A girl can hope.) I'll forget about wanting L for formal night and PC for Pirate Night.

I know that many would take Palo almost any night BUT we don't feel that way LOL Parrot Cay is our favorite restaurant!!:lmao:

Just off this morning!:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

We had APPLAPL.

That gave us L - rotation menu for Tues night and we went on to Palo as that was the night I'd made ressies for on JANUARY 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On Monday night for formal night we had the new "Golden Mickeys" Menu. It was good.

I have to say that I do not like one thing about this new rotation that they could fix if they wanted to. No matter which rotation you have, you are in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal nights. That is great if you have L BUT stinks if you have PC like we did. I know that 1/3 of the ship has always had PC for formal night, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE IT FOR BOTH F and SF. I said nothing to my DDs about my disappointment and my 8-yr-old complained both nights.
They could fix it by going APLLAPL or PLAAPLA or LAPPLAP.

AND BTY - in the rotation starting with AP, almost every table had a kid under 6 - BUT not every table! :confused: :confused:
Just IMHO

Mom24princesses, you must have been in my rotation, early? (5:45) We not only got switched to early, we got a 4 top for the 2 of us!! Unfortunately, I never met any of our group.

I did like the Golden Mickeys menu! I had beef wellington, and hubby had rack of lamb. For dessert, the ricotta creme brulle (sp?) was excellent!! DH tried to take a pic of the menu, but it is too fuzzy to read!

Mom24princesses, you must have been in my rotation, early? (5:45) We not only got switched to early, we got a 4 top for the 2 of us!! Unfortunately, I never met any of our group.

I did like the Golden Mickeys menu! I had beef wellington, and hubby had rack of lamb. For dessert, the ricotta creme brulle (sp?) was excellent!! DH tried to take a pic of the menu, but it is too fuzzy to read!

We had the same, I had the Beef Wellington and DH had the Lamb. We loved it too. Glad you mentioned what you ordered. I could not remember. I am about to down load my pitcures. I have about 4G of them so it may take a while. I took a picture of everything we ate to help me remember. We tried to take some pictures of menus too.

Was the golden mickeys Formal night or semi formal night and can you tell me which day of the week it was. Thanks

I have to say that I do not like one thing about this new rotation that they could fix if they wanted to. No matter which rotation you have, you are in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal nights. That is great if you have L BUT stinks if you have PC like we did. I know that 1/3 of the ship has always had PC for formal night, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE IT FOR BOTH F and SF. I said nothing to my DDs about my disappointment and my 8-yr-old complained both nights.
They could fix it by going APLLAPL or PLAAPLA or LAPPLAP.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but even on the old rotations you would always be in the same dining room for both formal and semi-formal night. I don't think this is something new for the new rotations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!