• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**June 2016 check in**

We changed our 7:10 Plaza reservation on our first day to 9:10 so we wouldn't waste our first two hours of the morning eating instead of riding.

Now I can't cancel any of my dining reservations online. It's frustrating. I have two I need to cancel and it won't let me. We also have a Cafe Orleans on the same day as Plaza, but I need to move it to a later time since we moved the breakfast to a later time.

The only other reservation we have is for Carnation Cafe lunch on our last park day. I just can't commit to anything else for whatever reason. Nothing is standing out to me.

I did the same thing with our 7:10am Plaza reservation instead I moved it to 8:30am. I was so excited I got that early of a reservation that it never occurred to me that we would be wasting precious park time if I kept it. So glad I came to my senses :goodvibes. As for your other reservations that you need to cancel/modify but the online system won't allow you to do it, that happened to me too. I went ahead and called and told them I wanted to move around some of my reservations and they were able to do it easy peasy. Good luck with everything.

Oh, I forgot to mention, we've made two reservations so far but haven't decided on anything else:

Blue Bayou Lunch
Aladdin's Oasis PTN Package

We're on the fence about WOC. I think we might view it from the hotel viewing deck the first night and decide after that if it's worth maybe doing a FP for that one day. I've just heard of so many bad experiences of people standing for hours and still not being able to see the show due to taller people/kids on shoulders blocking their view. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun! Can anyone on here share their experience with WOC viewing?

Ha! Found you!! Maybe we should rethink a dining package option for WOC?

Hi everyone! I'd like to join in the fun too! We are taking our two kids (DS10 and DS8) to Disneyland for the first time in June and I'm so excited! We'll be there from June 12th - 16th, staying at the Grand Californian. DH and I have both been to Disneyland before, but it's been almost 12 years now, and it was pre-kids so we're looking forward to experiencing the magic through the eyes of our kids. And obviously excited to see all that's changed in the last decade!

I'm getting impatient for our vacation to get here, so I'm hoping these boards will help me get my Disney fix in the meantime. LOL.

DH here! She forgot to mention everyone traveling with us. Let's see, there's DBFF1, with DBFF1D (9), DBFF2, DBFF2H with DBFF2S (9) & DBFF2D (6), & both DMILs. Since locking in our dates, we've learned that two of our eldest son's seven classmates will be there the same time we are, and one of our younger son's classmates from K & 1st will be there a couple of the days we are. Honestly, I was only hoping to have one other person riding the thrill rides with me. Now it looks like we have a posse showing up. Kind of makes it difficult to make reservations for TS. "Yeah, we'll take a table for 30 please."

you may have better luck calling, it isn't like WDW where you whole trip opens up so your day is everyones first day
Thanks for the great advice. I called and got the times that I wanted. BUT because of the system issues they times will not update on my account and the CM said when I get my email reminder the wrong times will probably still be listed wrong. He assured me they were updated. Got BB for 11:30 and Goofy's for 5pm.

Just got back from the DCA Food & Wine Festival but already planning to go back on June 19-22. It will be my best friend and me and we're staying at the Red Lion Anaheim.

Hi! We are fairly new Disney people, just went for the first time at Spring Break in 2015 and loved it so much we went back in December 2015. I am hooked! We just closed on a DVC contract and are going back to WDW in December. We just moved and my daughter enrolled in a Theater/music program and is going to be performing at DL in June. I am so excited but a little nervous because this just happened this week and I know nothing about DL. I am trying to read up on everything. We will be there 6/27- 7/2. We have 3 day park hopper with the package and they are performing at Knottsberry Farms one day. I need help making plans! On our arrival day we get in at 9:30, traveling from Texas. I am tempted to add another park day for arrival day, but am also thinking of doing DTD and the pool that day and getting it out of the way. It seems that all that DD6 wants to do the first few days is shop and swim and complains a lot until we do. That first night we have a group dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. We are staying at Paradise Pier so I was thinking after dinner we would watch the fireworks from there. I think I read that was an option? Here is where I need help:
It will be me, DD6, DD11, and DSS20
Tuesday, 6/28- Daughter performs at DCA, but DL has EMH. It is 2 months away but we wont' know performance time until later. I was thinking of doing EMH at DL from 7-8 then heading to DCA for the rest of the day and make a tentative plan until DD to performs. Should we then just stay there the rest of they day? Thinking of Carthay Circle for dinner this day or our last day.
Wednesday, 6/29- DD11 has workshop at DCA, no idea what time, but it is my other DD's 7th birthday! Touring Plans shows DL EMH, but I believe this would be DCA EMH since it is a Wednesday, correct? If so, should we do EMH at DCA and drop of DD11 then go to DL for the rest of the day until we have to pick her up? I didn't like park hopping at WDW because it was too much trouble but I know it is easier here. Are Tuesdays or Wednesday generally less crowded at DL or does it really not matter? For DD's B-day I was thinking of booking Minnie's breakfast and hoping that DD11 will be able to come. If so, I was thinking maybe at the latest time which seems to be 10:40 am. I also was thinking of making this whole day a princess day and doing as many characters and princess things this day, but not sure of the logistics. We have done BBB and loved it, so wanted to try the Frozen makeover this time but I don't think that we could work this in that morning if we want to do EMH at DCA and Minnie's breakfast at DL. I also would love to take her to see Frozen, see Doc and Sofia, Meet A&E, do Ariel's Grotto, and see the princesses at DL, too, but I can't figure out a gameplan to get this all done in one day. It is stressing me out! Maybe we do DCA EMH, meet A&E, drop off DD11, do a few rides including RSR, then go to DL for Minnie's breakfast, meet some princesses at Royal Hall, Storytelling at Royal Theater, Story Book Land Canal Boats, Pixie Hollow, then hop back to DCL for "Dinner" at Ariel's Grotto at 5:00, do The Little Mermaid ride, and see Frozen. This seems like a lot of trouble hopping back and forth, so is this doable or does anyone have any suggestions? This would also mean we would miss the daytime parade both days but we have on more full day in the park our last day to catch that. It would also mean we end up at DCA at 7 pm, so we could possibly hop back to DCL for PTN and Fireworks. Is there a better way? Maybe we do Ariel's Grotto and A&E the first day when we are already at DCA and just celebrate her b-day two days in a row? Also not sure how to fit in the Frozen Makeover. How far is it from the parks?
We will be at Knottsberry Farm Thursday, 6/30 and back a the parks Wednesday, 7/1 to catch anything we miss. We have a group breakfast booked this day at Storytellers Cafe' so I can't do Minnie's breakfast this day. 7/2 is our departure day and I am also thinking of doing the Surf's Up breakfast since we are staying at PP and our flight is not until 12:45 pm.
Any advice would be appreciated!

We are going to DLR in June! Arriving June 26th, leaving July 2nd.

DW and I 20th Wedding Anniversary on 6/29! Bringing our DD 17, DD 14, and DS 12.

Staying at Camelot.

Long time WDW Vets. First trip to DLR. We are super excited!

We are doing 3 and 1/2 days in DLR parks, 1 day at Knotts, and 1 day sight seeing around Hollywood, and going to one of the beaches in area.

Does anyone have suggestions for lunch at DownTown Disney or Paradise Pier on our arrival day? i have a 6 year old and 11 year old. We get in at 9:45 so should be able to do lunch somewhere. We are already eating dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Thanks!

Does anyone have suggestions for lunch at DownTown Disney or Paradise Pier on our arrival day? i have a 6 year old and 11 year old. We get in at 9:45 so should be able to do lunch somewhere. We are already eating dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Thanks!

We love Earl of Sandwich! Delicious sandwiches, salads and mac and cheese! And only $6.99, which for DLR is a bargain!

We were going to try Trader Sams for a light meal since we also have reservation for Goofys. It looks fun and the kids will get a kick out of the decorations and since we have kids we must visit during the day.

Oh, I forgot to mention, we've made two reservations so far but haven't decided on anything else:

Blue Bayou Lunch
Aladdin's Oasis PTN Package

We're on the fence about WOC. I think we might view it from the hotel viewing deck the first night and decide after that if it's worth maybe doing a FP for that one day. I've just heard of so many bad experiences of people standing for hours and still not being able to see the show due to taller people/kids on shoulders blocking their view. Doesn't sound like my idea of fun! Can anyone on here share their experience with WOC viewing?

It is not to be missed! We get whatever FP we can and grab a corndog/snack and a sitting spot about 30 minutes before the show. It really is an amazing show and worth seeing!

we also love Earl of Sandwhich!!

Anyone noticing low hours for June. It's up the 12th and every day CA closes at 9:00, even on Saturday and Sunday. They aren't keeping Disney open till 12 either which is one thing I love about summer.

We are going June 4-10 and staying at GC. This will be our 2nd trip but we are WDW veterans. We usually grab quick breakfasts and then only reserve dinners. So far we have a few dinners booked including Blued Bayou and the WOC dinner package. My experience is that you can book right up until the day of with no real issues. Don't know about character dining though. Those may book up earlier. Coming on this trip is my DH and also my DD (age 21).

Anyone noticing low hours for June. It's up the 12th and every day CA closes at 9:00, even on Saturday and Sunday. They aren't keeping Disney open till 12 either which is one thing I love about summer.
I'm guessing the 9PM at CA adventure is due to the grad nights. It may be easier to schedule that whole season till 9. I'm guessing the 11PM DL is part of the cost cutting for Shanghi. I noticed it too. I also saw there's no daytime parade on weekdays at DL. My kids have a 7:00 bedtime so the closing hours don't affect us much, but I was hoping to catch the parade. Trying to see the silver lining that we won't have to deal with parade traffic, but the reality is that it sucked up thousands of people mid day.

Hours are only up until Sunday 12 June so far. Its saying DCA closes at 9pm, but when I checked World of Colour dining package for one of my days, its says WOC is at 9pm.

I am going end of June which has always had the main park open until midnight, DCA open until 10pm. Its just the beginning of June which has odd hours due to grad nights

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter