**June 2016 check in**

Well, I injured myself on the 11th and unfortunately heave to cancel my trip that was supposed to begin on the 27th. I am extremely disappointed but hopefully, I will be able to rearrange everything and go near the end of August (although our hotel is already booked). So, I will be having to look at hotel reviews all over again. I hope everyone has had or will have great vacations.

So sorry to hear this! Hopefully you'll be able to go later this year!

Count us in! This trip was planned today! o_O
We'll be in the parks 6/23-6/25
Finding a hotel was horrendous >:(
As of now we're at Best Budget Inn on Beach Blvd. :eek:
Our party consists of myself, DS, and DD :dance3:- our last just we three visit was 10/12
Our most recent DLR visit was April 2015; DD, and I visited WDW 10/14.
I'm so glad we're able to visit during the 60th anniversary.
We're heading down from the Salt Lake area, driving; we have family in St George, UT - Vegas - and S Pasadena, we'll visit them on travel days.

Just got back! Sorry I stopped checking in, and sorry I didn't get to meet any of you who were there at the same time! We got caught up in vacation excitement.

I'll be writing a full TR soon :-):-)

We enjoyed cool weather for our first few days and HOTHOTHOT heatwave days for the last few. We had a good time...I have to admit, we all prefer WDW for a Disney trip, but we do like Disneyland! Our favorite park by far was California Adventure...it had more of the "DisWow" for us than Disneyland, even though the nostalgia of Disneyland was great to experience. Crowds were not bad at all...I even lost track of which nights were grad nights, it had zero impact on our park days ( the 14th, 15th, 18th, part of the 19th, and the 20th) as far as I could tell. Although our first park day did start out pretty rocky when it took the entire magic hour to ride two things (hyperspace mountain - HUGE letdown by the way, and Matterhorn).

L-O-V-E-D the HoJo for a home base since we did more than just the park over our time in California. We had a Deluxe Queen room in building two, a corner room with no balcony, but it was a huge room! It was pretty loud outside, so we didn't miss the balcony at all. 4219 was the room number, and I'd recommend it to anyone!

I'm telling you, I could totally adapt to the SoCal beach lifestyle...we loved spending time in Newport Beach and Laguna Beach - stunning!! And so nice to go from inland Anaheim where it was 100 degrees to the beach where it was 20 degrees cooler with ocean breezes making long sleeves a welcome addition!

Super happy to be back on the couch snuggling with my dogs, though! I missed them so much!

Hope everyone else had great trips, is having a great time if you're there, and safe travels to those still waiting to arrive!! We took good care of things for you!!

This is the first time I can ever remember thinking, "I can't wait for this weekend to be over and for Monday to get here" Haha. Will be stepping foot into Disneyland on Monday morning!

We are on our 3rd day here. We've rode all the rides we wanted to do twice. Getting to the parks at opening is key. In fact we didn't get FP in the morning because we didn't need to and the return time was so quick. Letting the girls sleep in today as they need it since we were out late for parade and fireworks. Going to DCA today. We have already done Soarin (which was awesome) and RSR so we need to hit Frozen today.

So, a long shot I know, but anyone there now that might be leaving behind an umbrella stroller? Forgot to look into swap options earlier- gah!

Now that I'm back from my California trip (DL -> Yosemite -> San Francisco), a few thoughts:

Pro:
  • Paint the Night - wow!
  • Early Entrance was fabulous, especially at DCA. Totally worth getting up early (though not that difficult when jetlagged from NYC)
  • Got my room request for GCV with WoC view. Great for my (jetlagged) lil' ones.
  • Grand Californian - simply perfect stay. Would recommend it highly.
  • Trader Sam's - celebrated 19th anniversary there. Even my non-Disneyphile wife had a blast
  • Radiator Springs Racers may be the best attraction I have ever experienced
  • 80 minute wait for Hyperspace Mountain - worth it!
Con:
  • Last week in June is summer vacation. Why not have Soundsational during the week? Disappointment.
  • DL Forever was cancelled all nights I was there!
  • I find the WoC viewing area to be awful. Unless you are front row of any of the terraces, any small kids will be frustrated by the adults in front of them. We were front & center, but since there were two rows of adults in front of us, my 10 year old was disappointed. None of the adults were willing to have a short kid stand in front of them!
  • The entrance from DCA to Grand Californian closes way too fast after WoC. Was forced to take the long route home. With sleepy kids, that was annoying.
  • Also stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn. Besides location and earlier breakfast starting time, unremarkable. In fact, since we were jetlagged and needed a break midday, this was a lousy place to come back to. Room was tight and no comfortable place to relax - even lobby.
Overall - had a blast!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter