June 17, 2016 - Magic goes to Norway and Iceland from Dover

Believe it or not, we did stuff this week re: planning for trip.

Kiddo sat us down and patiently explained he was concerned about the port adventures in Kirkwall, and not getting to do everything we wanted. We all made our lists of what we really wanted to do, prioritized them, researched private tour guides, and voila, we've booked one. Less time on busses, less time 'driving past' sites, more time actually seeing the stuff we want. Yay.

And, if you're looking for travel gear, Container Store had a pretty big sale on, and eBags has their packing cubes discounted right now. Cough.

Your son is right on about Kirkwall! Everything I've read said to book early for this one! We're using Orkney Aspects (she's a one woman show) and Pat, the proprietor, said that all of the motorcoaches in the area have already been booked by DCL. So if cruisers don't want to do a DCL excursion, then they need to book a private company soon!

I LOVE packing cubes!!

Updated Post 1 with a link to a thread about London hotels!

It's a little unclear if you can do the ground transfer from the DCL hotels if you stay there but don't book via Disney (it reads like it, that's for sure). The hotels DCL has are pretty pricey, but there's a lovely work-around if you're a frequent business traveler with some Chase Sapphire or Rewards points to burn, or Hyatt status and a stockpile of Hyatt points. If your points are on Chase, you'll need to transfer them over to your Hyatt Gold Passport account before booking.

The Hyatt Regency Churchill runs about $875 a night. It's a category 6, so a free night in a standard room is 25,000 points. A suite is 40,000. Hyatt also has a program for points+ cash; as a Cat 6 hotel it's 12,500 points plus $150 USD/night. Which means for just over half the cost of a single night plus 37,500 points, you can stay there for 3 days.

Hi everyone!

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread and just share a pdf document through a private conversation confidentially with just those who want to join in!

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine managing meet and Fish Extender discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is completely up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM (conversation).

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. -http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any help getting started!
5zfzWEYlzB2umn_pGBgH3pjISS2XHb6TBpYCm_sMwCDe23EObnlCRqD-nLyVn82w-JVZg9W0ZStzteVrj1p0STUsQcGuZwgJOL34gO7F2OqWvZUrFMQbGUpvxkGg7MZ0XahnRyA

Just got home from the 9 night Norwegian Fjords cruise. Booked this one while onboard. Myself and my husband Rod.

Welcome! So glad you are joining us!

Please fill free to give us any tips you have from your recent trip!! Did you stay in Copenhagen? If so, what hotel would you recommend?

{content edited by a moderator}

Last edited by a moderator:
{content edited by a modertator} We stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Not sure I would recommend it as it was far from the center of the city, so not as convenient. Disney had the Tivoli Hotel and one other as their pre and post cruise recommendation along with another hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! We joined this cruise the day it went on sale. We will be myself, husband and 2 littles (4 and 6). I'm hoping to join an fe and get ideas and info regarding port adventures via disney or on our own. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. We sailed the Wonder to Alaska last summer and are now addicted :)

Hi! We joined this cruise the day it went on sale. We will be myself, husband and 2 littles (4 and 6). I'm hoping to join an fe and get ideas and info regarding port adventures via disney or on our own. This is our 2nd Disney cruise. We sailed the Wonder to Alaska last summer and are now addicted :)

Welcome!

This will be our 2nd DCL cruise too (Magic in the Med 2013)!

Myself, DH, DS almost 13 and DD 6 will also be joining you all on this cruise. We booked opening day while on vacation in Mexico! I checked for a meet thread early on and could not find one. So glad someone started this! We returned a couple of weeks ago from the second 7 day Baltics cruise and then visiting family in Sweden. We loved our time over there and are so excited to have a new adventure next summer. We spent a little time in Copenhagen before and after our cruise and cannot wait to do so again. Tivoli Gardens is a must - we stayed until they closed at midnigt with a five year old! We made our own reservations for a family room at the Tivoli Hotel. I did not even know it was one of the Disney hotels for our cruise. We will probably stay here again or do a short term vacation stay in an apartment depending on how many days we have to play with. Feel free to ask any question!

Marni

Myself, DH, DS almost 13 and DD 6 will also be joining you all on this cruise. We booked opening day while on vacation in Mexico! I checked for a meet thread early on and could not find one. So glad someone started this! We returned a couple of weeks ago from the second 7 day Baltics cruise and then visiting family in Sweden. We loved our time over there and are so excited to have a new adventure next summer. We spent a little time in Copenhagen before and after our cruise and cannot wait to do so again. Tivoli Gardens is a must - we stayed until they closed at midnigt with a five year old! We made our own reservations for a family room at the Tivoli Hotel. I did not even know it was one of the Disney hotels for our cruise. We will probably stay here again or do a short term vacation stay in an apartment depending on how many days we have to play with. Feel free to ask any question!

Marni

Welcome o&smom!

Would love to hear any tips you may have, especially about lodging in Copenhagen! My TA tried to book us a room through DCL but couldn't because my party is one adult and two children. The TA was told (by DCL) that they only book two to a room and in order to book two rooms there needed to be two adults. They suggested I book directly through the Tivoli Hotel instead. It sounds like they do have family rooms so I don't know what DCL's issue was. I haven't tried to book yet but I will soon! Thanks for the info!

We booked directly with the hotel. We had our whole family in one room - 2 adults and kids 5 & 11. Being in Europe, the room was not large, but we all fit with all our luggage. We really enjoyed the location. Tivoli Gardens is just down the block and around the corner a couple of blocks - right across the street from the central Copenhagen train station. There is also a large mall with movie theaters just down and across the street from the hotel. We ate a great meal just across the canal in front of the hotel as well in a nontouristy area. Don't judge us about the mall. My husband forgot his dress shirts and belt! :confused3 Luckily we realized this before we got on the ship!

Also, if anyone is interested in going to Tivoli Gardens, prepurchase tickets from their website to save a little money.

Marni

My DD 21 and I have booked this cruise as well. This will be our 7th cruise with DCL, but our first in Europe.

Just booked this one today (myself, DH & DD6)! This will be our 5th Disney cruise and our first trip to Europe since DD was born. She will be 6 on this cruise. Haven't begun to think of pre or post nights yet, or really done too much research other than follow DCL blog of this same itinerary earlier this year. It looked like the weather will be on the cool to cold side, which DH won't be thrilled about...but I felt after 4 DCL Bahamian and Caribbean cruises it was time to mix it up a bit.

I went ahead and included DCL air for the time being since it includes the $115/pp transfers and right now is priced lower by over $100/pp than I could book on my own. I'll watch airfare after the dates are released, and if I an get a better deal I can always remove the DCL air.

Excited to start researching and planning for this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter