June 15 - June 22 2013 Eastern Fantasy

I am also going to post on the other message board, but curious if anyone else is working on getting in shape and/or losing weight for our cruise? I am starting today with the thought that I can dig deep before Thanksgiving, then enjoy myself over the Holidays. I know it might seem early but then if I don't do as well as I want to, I have a cushion (pun intended:hyper:) of time with which to work. Feel free to hold me accountable, my sis and I are starting today!

I'm with you! You've inspired me! :love:

4newtocruise said:
Us too! Our cruise last year we "modified" her freedom but this time I think we will give her full independence with "checking in" requirements. I really like the wave phone they provide. One thing that is a must is, she has to eat dinner with us, other than that, we will probably never see her. :wave2:

Maybe our girls can hang out. :)

Like you, we have dinner together as mandatory (Even at home)!

DD14 will like the freedom, but she (shockingly) loves family time, except when we are being "embarrassing" or "ruining her life", LOL! She may spend a good portion of at-sea time reading in the cabin, unless she can find more extroverted friends on the ship! Is your daughter an extrovert by any chance? :)

The (fraternal) DD10 twins on the other hand would rip the ship apart with their boisterous energy...

TIGGER/POOH4 said:
:welcome: abaord the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. I wil add you to the FE later today. If you have any questions please feel free to post either here or on the FB page.

T/P4 can you check to see if we are on the FE list? I forgot if if we've already signed up! Bad brain, bad!

weaves18 said:
I am also going to post on the other message board, but curious if anyone else is working on getting in shape and/or losing weight for our cruise? I am starting today with the thought that I can dig deep before Thanksgiving, then enjoy myself over the Holidays. I know it might seem early but then if I don't do as well as I want to, I have a cushion (pun intended:hyper:) of time with which to work. Feel free to hold me accountable, my sis and I are starting today!

I am...I had lost a good deal of weight before our panama canal cruise, and that made the more challenging excursions much more enjoyable, plus I wasn't mistaken for beached marine life nearly as much as previously...

However I've gained nearly half of it back, and I really want to get back down again. June makes a very nice target!

I always try to get down a few extra pounds before leaving on a big splash vacation, so I have some room to splurge. I also love to workout, so I enjoy visiting the fitness center onboard. They're generally some of the nicest workout facilities you're ever going to have the opportunity to use. On my last cruise (on NCL) I was on the elliptical in front of the windows, and my neighbor tapped me on the shoulder, pointed out to sea, and said, "Look!" Sure enough, there was a dolphin leaping across the waves. Can't really beat that!

On our last DCL cruise, DH, who works for USA Today, came up with a great story about how to enjoy a cruise without gaining weight. I'll have to see if I can scan and post the story as it's no longer available online.

I always try to get down a few extra pounds before leaving on a big splash vacation, so I have some room to splurge. I also love to workout, so I enjoy visiting the fitness center onboard. They're generally some of the nicest workout facilities you're ever going to have the opportunity to use. On my last cruise (on NCL) I was on the elliptical in front of the windows, and my neighbor tapped me on the shoulder, pointed out to sea, and said, "Look!" Sure enough, there was a dolphin leaping across the waves. Can't really beat that!

On our last DCL cruise, DH, who works for USA Today, came up with a great story about how to enjoy a cruise without gaining weight. I'll have to see if I can scan and post the story as it's no longer available online.

That sounds awesome...I can't wait! If you can find the article I would be really interested in reading it:) I am a Physical Education teacher so always looking for ways to be healthy!

I am...I had lost a good deal of weight before our panama canal cruise, and that made the more challenging excursions much more enjoyable, plus I wasn't mistaken for beached marine life nearly as much as previously...

However I've gained nearly half of it back, and I really want to get back down again. June makes a very nice target!

We can do it! I lost weight last year also and recently gained a lot of it back and I want to get back to that more care free feeling, not having to worry about if my clothes will fit or not...Stick with it!

T/P4 can you check to see if we are on the FE list? I forgot if if we've already signed up! Bad brain, bad!

Sorry but I do not have you on the FE list. Please refer to the first post on this thread for FE information and send me a PM with your information. Thanks.

I started yesterday - lol!! Got back on the exercise bike. It has been on my mind a lot! Still plenty of time to lose before the cruise!

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-3-50-trans.gif
tharg-2-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hey fellow cruisers, I just booked for this cruise and i am beyond excited.

Welcome aboard! Who's in your crew? Are you cruising with any children? Be sure to check the first post on this thread for info about fish extenders and to join our facebook group if you like.

When you have time, peruse the thread to get to know the gang and to share in all the info we've uncovered about the ship, itinerary, or whatever.

Can't wait to share the fun!

Hey fellow cruisers, I just booked for this cruise and i am beyond excited.

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. As Bobbie mentioned please refer to the first post for information regarding this cruise. Also please join our FB page as well. If you have any questions regarding the cruise please do not hestitate to ask.

Here's the story about not gaining weight on a cruise that DH did back in 2008. I hope it's readable...

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

I plan on gaining weight. That's why I try to loose some before! :lmao: I'll just try not to gain too much where I can't loose it. ;)

Hello Everyone,

We will be sailing also. Myself, DW, DD (14), DD (11). This is our second Disney Cruise. We hope DD #2 makes a friend fast! This is our 20th anniversary celebration with a week at Disney World after the cruise.

Hello Everyone,

We will be sailing also. Myself, DW, DD (14), DD (11). This is our second Disney Cruise. We hope DD #2 makes a friend fast! This is our 20th anniversary celebration with a week at Disney World after the cruise.

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. Please feel to review the first post of this thread for information regarding the FE and also our FB meet page. It is good to see another DISser from Delaware. We are in the Bear/New Castle area off of Rt40. If you have any questions regarding the cruise please do not hestitate to ask.

Thanks for the article...I couldn't reply with the "quote" since I am still a newbie to posting:goodvibes

Thanks! I think I am going to try to make that pact with the DH, although if I get a mile run in I will be proud of myself! Great thinking figuring out your resting metabolic rate, I will definitely figure ours out in June. Hoping mine will change as I lose weight before then. Are you considering the Castaway 5K? I am not a runner but am thinking about it, maybe it will give me a little extra motivation and something different to do:) It being our first cruise though I saw on a lot of threads not to over book yourself, which I tend to do and enjoy but since it's our anniversary I guess I should consider the DH's preferences;)

Just wondering what you veteran cruisers think of my plan....Since it's our first cruise I have the urge to do EVERYTHING possible but tend to overbook. I was thinking one port doing an excursion but at another just going to the beach and relaxing. I really don't want to miss anything yet know the DH likes to just relax so I thought it would be a good compromise. He would run around though if you all thought it would be worth it, we are going to a beach in S.C. the week after our cruise to "just relax". Do you think I would feel deprived if I just enjoyed the beach? We have never been to St. Marteen or St. Thomas, and I do like to be on the go yet want to enjoy time with the hubs.

Just wondering what you veteran cruisers think of my plan....Since it's our first cruise I have the urge to do EVERYTHING possible but tend to overbook. I was thinking one port doing an excursion but at another just going to the beach and relaxing. I really don't want to miss anything yet know the DH likes to just relax so I thought it would be a good compromise. He would run around though if you all thought it would be worth it, we are going to a beach in S.C. the week after our cruise to "just relax". Do you think I would feel deprived if I just enjoyed the beach? We have never been to St. Marteen or St. Thomas, and I do like to be on the go yet want to enjoy time with the hubs.
Our first cruise (Granch Caymon, Key West, Cozamel) we did excursions but looking back I was a bit sorry we really didn't see the islands (only the excursion). Our second cruise in Alaska we did everything on our own and really enjoyed being able to pace ourselves. This cruise we are planning exactly what you are. One excursion on St Thomas and St Marteen on our own (e.g. taxi to a beach). Really wanted to see St John but couldn't justify 1.5 hours on a ferry for 2-2.5 hours on the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter