June 15 - June 22 2013 Eastern Fantasy

pixiedust: Pixiedust for me! We leave tomorrow to cover the Fantasyland Expansion Grand Opening for USA Weekend Magazine (as DH works for USA Today)!! Between the paper and Disney PR, we are promised VIP treatment, and the story DH pitched is a "kids' eye view" of the new section, so DS will be the star of the show. We will be riding the new Dumbo ride and Test Track over at EPCOT with a couple of the imagineers who worked on these rides, and DS will be on the cover of the magazine's March spring break issue. I will share the story when it comes out, but wish us lots of magic! :thumbsup2

That sounds so terrific!! Make sure to tell us when it's published! :banana::banana:

Our family had to cancel this cruise & there are 2 8A cabins available now: # 5020 & # 5522 if anyone is interested! There are the mini-suites with 2 window seating portholes. There are amazing! :teacher:

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your 2014 cruise.
Thank you! My sister is expecting a baby in the Spring so we decided to cruise in 2014.
Yesterday I was able to move this cruise to Spring Break/Easter week 2014 & keep all my discounts/OBC/etc & also an 8A cabin! Happy DCL ers!

Unfortunately we've just had to cancel this cruise. We've found out we're moving to Europe in June/July - but now we're thinking we'll take the Med cruise once we're all settled!

Unfortunately we've just had to cancel this cruise. We've found out we're moving to Europe in June/July - but now we're thinking we'll take the Med cruise once we're all settled!

Sorry you will not be able to join us. Good luck to you across the pond.

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-2-50-trans.gif
tharg-7-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another month has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-6-50-trans.gif

months to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hello from cold, blustery Pittsburgh! I would like to join the group! I, along with my DH Craig, DS Nathan (15yo) and DS Nolan (14 yo) will be on the Fantasy next June 15th! We love to travel and cruise all over. This will be our third DCL, having sailed on the Wonder and Dream. So looking forward to the Fantasy!

Hello from cold, blustery Pittsburgh! I would like to join the group! I, along with my DH Craig, DS Nathan (15yo) and DS Nolan (14 yo) will be on the Fantasy next June 15th! We love to travel and cruise all over. This will be our third DCL, having sailed on the Wonder and Dream. So looking forward to the Fantasy!

Welcome aboard! I just added you to the fb group, so I assume you've carefully read the first post on this thread. If not, there's also info for our fish extender group on there, so if you're interested in participating, be sure to check that out.

Happy to have you along! :)

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. :cool1: Also welcome to the DIS. I was on the Fantasy last June so if have any questions regarding the ship or the Eastern itinerary please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks so much! My biggest challenge right now is to decide if I could handle the FE! Have not done one before but I have wanted to try:)

Thanks so much! My biggest challenge right now is to decide if I could handle the FE! Have not done one before but I have wanted to try:)

I would say go for it. It is a lot of fun. For us it is the fun watching the kids run back to the room all the time to see if anything is in the fish extender. You can go to the fish extender threads for ideas. You do not have to go wild. It is the thought that counts.

I would really love to do the CC5K and did some research on it. I do run, but strictly on a treadmill. I thought if I only ever did one race in my life, this would be the one to do. My only reservation is, the whole process seems extremely time consuming, and I don't know if I'm willing to take that much time away from my CC day with my son :confused3 When I hit the gym, it's usually early in the morning before anyone else is up, so it doesn't take away from my time with them. I too shall have to give it some serious thought.

Glad you liked the story! We may be publishing something else Disney related soon, but I'll keep you all posted...

I've done the CC5k several times and it really does not take away from cruise time. It is the first thing off the ship on CC morning. I'll just meet my family after the 5K on the beach. No time lost.

I just booked this cruise and i already have a question for everyone!

Our first Disney cruise was a 5 night on the Dream - and there wasn't a formal night.

HOW formal do the guys (men) dress? Will my husband be the only one not wearing a tuxedo? Will a suit suffice? :confused3

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great holiday season, and happy new year!

I will probably be wearing a dark blue blazer, shirt and tie, and slacks, but not a full suit.

We're still looking forward to our summer 2013 cruise! We had originally booked a Christmas 2012 cruise but postponed it until summer. The kids all had to remind me where we would have been each day. I'd be in Castaway Cay right now had we stuck with that reservation. Oh well.

I would really love to do the CC5K and did some research on it. I do run, but strictly on a treadmill. I thought if I only ever did one race in my life, this would be the one to do. My only reservation is, the whole process seems extremely time consuming, and I don't know if I'm willing to take that much time away from my CC day with my son :confused3 When I hit the gym, it's usually early in the morning before anyone else is up, so it doesn't take away from my time with them. I too shall have to give it some serious thought.

We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy this past June. I too am like you in that I am a casual jogger/runner and don't participate in outdoor races. I do enjoy running outdoors, but just by myself. The CC 5K was my first organized event.

The Fantasy Eastern arrives at CC around 9:30 am. We met at the Pub around 9:00 am to register for the 5K. By the time they registered everyone and we walked to the starting point (near the second tram stop by the "Buy the Seashore" store) it was around 10:15 am. We started the run around 10:20 am and I finished it in just under 30 minutes. It was a very hot and sunny day and there wasn't much of a breeze on the course. By the time I showered, changed and got caught up with the family, it was well past 11:00 am.

Although I am glad I did it once, I didn't like the late start on Castaway Cay. I won't be doing it again this summer. I prefer to just jog around Deck 4 on Sea Days before the rest of the family wakes up for the day. I'll be spending more time enjoying CC this time.

Welcome!!

I will probably be wearing a dark blue blazer, shirt and tie, and slacks, but not a full suit.

Ditto for formal night. I usually go sans blazer or jacket on semi-formal night, but I do wear a tie. We have our three boys wear a tie on formal night, but not on semi-formal night. It's too much to pack a jacket for each of them.

We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy this past June. I too am like you in that I am a casual jogger/runner and don't participate in outdoor races. I do enjoy running outdoors, but just by myself. The CC 5K was my first organized event.

The Fantasy Eastern arrives at CC around 9:30 am. We met at the Pub around 9:00 am to register for the 5K. By the time they registered everyone and we walked to the starting point (near the second tram stop by the "Buy the Seashore" store) it was around 10:15 am. We started the run around 10:20 am and I finished it in just under 30 minutes. It was a very hot and sunny day and there wasn't much of a breeze on the course. By the time I showered, changed and got caught up with the family, it was well past 11:00 am.

Although I am glad I did it once, I didn't like the late start on Castaway Cay. I won't be doing it again this summer. I prefer to just jog around Deck 4 on Sea Days before the rest of the family wakes up for the day. I'll be spending more time enjoying CC this time.

Thanks for these details, KSDisneyDad! I will have to give this some serious thought. DH and I are both pondering this issue, so that adds to the mix what happens with DS while we're going through all the procedures to run.

BTW...good job in finishing under 30! I think my time would have to be closer to 40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter