June 14, 2014 - Taking the Magic to Venice

Hello everybody! We will be joining you for our first trip to Europe. Yay! It's me (will be 34), DH(will be 35), and DS (will be 8). I hope to find some friends to meet up with my son. On our last cruise, he played video games a lot by himself in the kids club. I see there are going to be other kids his age so that's great! Even just to find other kids who love video games would be cool.

This continues to be the case. I planned on booking cat. 10 for the split bath. I checked the cat. 9's just to see and they were cheaper. I don't recall how much cheaper but good enough to book:)

Nice to meet you all. Have a good night.

Hi there. So glad to hear about more 8 year boys traveling with us. I have twin boys who are 8 and in 2nd grade. They will be 9 by our sailing. Would be thrilled to hook them up ahead of time - well as soon as they know about the trip anyway (at Christmas).

Counting down the days!
Stephanie

Hello. Nice to see a cruise meet up already for next summer. I have been so busy with our FE list for June 2013! I am targeting this cruise in the Mediterranean when we go on our Dream cruise in June to try to take advantage of onboard savings. Fingers crossed! hope to be joining you! Our boys would be 8 and 12.

We cruised the Med with Disney back on 2007 on the inaugural cruise and loved every minute of it and when we saw the itinerary for the 12 night Barcelona to Venice cruise announced, we jumped on it even though we almost choked on the price ;-)

Well, we just found a Norwegian cruise for close to the same dates with all the ports we wanted to re-visit plus Istanbul and Izmir, Turkey and Mykonos and Athens (Piraeus), Greece and Venice.

...and the savings on a balcony cabin was over $5,000!!

First off, we know that the Norwegian Spirit will not be as "polished" as the Magic which is going into dry-dock in October and we know we will miss the split bathroom. We also know the food options aren't as good as Disney unless you do some of the up-charge places, but we can do a lot of up-charge dining for $5K LOL

...and since we are two adults with no children who really want to see the ports more than anything else, we canceled with Disney.

We know that decision definitely wouldn't be right for anyone with kids, but for us that $5K means we can take another cruise (or other vacation) in addition to the Med cruise. So, while a bit disappointed we won't see the "new" Magic, we're excited to save some $$$, see more ports (one less sea day), and get to go to Athens!

Joining the group .... just booked this cruise for our son's High School Graduation. 3rd Disney Cruise for all of us!

On the cruise, our DS will be 18 and our DD will be 14. We did the 3 night Dream cruise in April of '11 and the 7 night Western Fantasy in April of '12. Looking forward to seeing the Magic after her "update" ....:yay:

Wow! Glad I found this thread. I didn't think it would exist since our cruise is over a year away. I'm cruising with my DH and DD (age 10 during this cruise). We went on our first Disney cruise last year. My daughter didn't care much for the kids clubs. I think it's because she didn't know anyone. I'm hoping that she can make some friends before embarkation day. :)

Joining this thread: me, DH & DD (16 at time of cruise). Wondering if Disney can arrange pre and post cruise hotel stays or if we do that on our own? We were on the Fantasy last year and i'm hoping we wont miss it, even though the Magic is getting the upgrades, the Fantasy has Remy & the Vibe looks a lot bigger than on the Magic (plus it has its own swim area). There don't seem to be many teens on this cruise so far but we have a long while to go. Still, so excited!!! So many great ports!!!

We just returned from the western Carib on the Fantasy and booked this Med cruise for next year. We are so excited! It will be me, dh, ds age 8 at time of cruise and dd age 5. Sounds like a number of kids similar age. I was hoping this would be the case. Hopefully we can let them meet and hang out in the Oceaneers Club. I asked Disney about airfare and a night at the Hilton before the cruise and the prices seemed pretty outrageous. 900 for one night at the Hilton and $1800 each for airfare from NYC. Anyone get difft info from Disney? Hope this next year flies by!

The $900 at a Hilton does sound outrageous. In 2007 we paid $450 got the Eurostar Grand Marina and I thought that was a lot. Unfortunately, air fares are very high right now, but if you book yourself you can get there for around $1100 (from NYC). Of course, depending on where you are in the US, it could be quite a bit more.

We are also traveling from Washington State, but the west side. It is our first trip to Europe so not exactly where to start. I have no idea where to fly into and where to fly home from. I would love to compare notes and see what each other can come up with. I will keep you posted on my findings.

Hi! 3PrincessMommy, can you add our family to the roll call?
Names - Michele and Pete
Kids - Matthew age 8 and Julia age 5

Thanks so much! We are so excited. Been doing a lot of research on excursions and even though we have been to Europe before, it has been a number of years and the kids have only been to the UK. We are excited for a great adventure! Can't wait!

Hi! 3PrincessMommy, can you add our family to the roll call?
Names - Michele and Pete
Kids - Matthew age 8 and Julia age 5

Thanks so much! We are so excited. Been doing a lot of research on excursions and even though we have been to Europe before, it has been a number of years and the kids have only been to the UK. We are excited for a great adventure! Can't wait!

:welcome:

I added you to the roll call.

So I tried to go back through and add all the cruisers to the roll call. Please let me know if I missed anyone or need to correct info. Check to see if kids ages will be correct as of the date of sailing.

Thanks!

We booked this cruise while on the Fantasy. It started out as a adult cruise for just me and my husband, but we just do not have the heart to go without our girls. DD19, DD17, and DD12 at the time of the cruise. We booked two rooms across the hall from eachother on 7. Too excited!!! We have never been to Europe. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise.

There are so many choices for excursions etc...I feel like I am drowning. I figure I will take one port of call a week and do my research so that I am not so overwhelmed.

Anyone who has done this before please post any suggestions you may have.

We have only been off the Fantasy for 3 days and I am so ready to go back!!:yay::yay:

So is it too early to start counting down??? I hope not, because it's exactly 11 months, 28 days, and 4 hours until we are ON THE SHIP!!!!!

Hi All! My DH (Jeff 30) and I (30, though in serious denial) just switched from the WBTA to this cruise. We decided we wanted more Europe, less sailing! This will be our second Disney Cruise, unless we get restless and sneak in a short one in between now and then, haha! We'll be celebrating our 7th anniversary on board, which is awesome, because we haven't ever been able to time a vacation just right to do that!

Somehow we managed to get a Secret Veranda cabin this late, so I'm super excited that we saved $1000!!! We'll be in 6634! :cool1:

We're looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time!!!

Hi All!!! :wave2:

I'll volunteer to help coordinate the FE exchange. I had a friend from a previous cruise help me develop a sign up form on google docs. Go to this link:

Technical difficulties - will post link shortly when I figure out the issue.

I think anyone should be able to access it. I'm hoping that it works! This is the first time that I've used google docs, so if it doesn't work for you, please let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

I think this set up will allow us to keep the whole list limited to only those that sign up. When you fill out the form, you won't see the spreadsheet. But when we get to the final cutoff, I'll be able to send a mass e-mail to everyone with the data. (Fingers crossed this works!:surfweb:)

How are you making out with this? James and I have been testing a dummy google doc and it's working out great with security settings to allow visibility to only those participating. If you need any assistance let me know.

thanks

poison ivy said:
How are you making out with this? James and I have been testing a dummy google doc and it's working out great with security settings to allow visibility to only those participating. If you need any assistance let me know.

thanks

Not tech savvy enough I guess. Would love to use yours if we can. Pm me your email address and we can set it up.

Joann

OK I'll send you a pm.

we are just setting this up over on our cruise meet.

we've been working on this for the past 5 days and used a small group of our cruisers to test it's functionality, security and capability before launching it live. We're pretty sure we've identified and resolved most of the kinks.

here's how it looks so far on our thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850795

It works great btw and eliminates needing a volunteer to do this. Highly recommend it for anyone who is cruising in the future.

It can also work for anything else where you need to provide more detailed information for certain group activities hosting signups within the main dis group. for example, We'll be putting up a secure doc with access codes only for our bus charter group once we finalize the roster.

talk to you guys soon.

christine

have this Sept cruise coming up but don't want to miss any feedback from this years med cruisers. If anyone reads something of interest, please pass it along here. We're not on FB. thanks.

We just booked this cruise while on the Wonder last week that went to Alaska. We're so excited as we have never been to Europe. Can you add us to roll call. Thanks.

Hi - I forgot to give the details for adding us to Roll Call:

Dis Name: Allyse
First Names: Deanne & Larry
Kids Ages & Genders: 16 (DD)

Thanks.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest