June 11-18, 2016 Disney Fantasy (Western Caribbean)

Our last cruise, we have over 100 participants in FE. A wonderful disboarder organized it based on preference such as no more than 20; then, 21-50; then skies the limit.

We received amazing gifts. :)

I hope to have time to help out with roll-call or starting the FE list. I should know more after Labor Day weekend.

100--WOW! I might get overwhelmed with that. That sounds like it'd get expensive too. But I'll see where this group is at with it and hope to join as I'm sure my kids will love it!

25-30 is definitely very doable! I'll watch for a set-up. Would that be on this thread as well?

I presume so. There were some people talking about it before I joined this thread, but they haven't posted in awhile. Tentatively, I'm willing to give organizing it a shot, if no one else is interested.

Right now it looks like me, Abayaflowers and MommyJenTech. If we get a couple more people confirming, we can call this a go and have a Fish Extender Exchange!

We, actually, participated in the no more than 20 group. So, that we can carry them in our suitcases and give away items that we knew the other FEs liked such as candles, Star Wars coasters, Frozen coloring books for the little elementary children, lipgloss, etc.

I think that this time, we will participate in no more that 50.

It's fun. We put an orange bag outside our door, because in 2013 to the Med, we forgot our FE for the door and our items such as the magnets were stolen from our door.

You had 100 participants all in the same FE? Wow! How long did you spend delivering the gifts?

Roll Call

abayaflowers DH Geri DD16 DD13
chavez5 DH Vanessa DD15 DD10 DS6
helenb DH Helen DD15 DS13
MommyJenTeaches, JP350Z DH, Jen DS7 DD4
Stephanie Johnson DH Stephanie DS8
madisonmomma66 DH Claudia DS17 DD11
Oklamomof4boy DH, Okalamom, DS23, DS21, DS18, DS17, girlfriend
WanderLit Granny, DD27, GDD5
Brooke Porembski DH-Mike, Brooke, DS15, DS13
Moosee912 DH-Allen, Anne, DS8(turning 9 on the boat) DS6, grandma & grandpa
Jnshowie DH Jennifer DD12
Gomez DM, DD8, DD
Escudero DM, DD10, DD7

Please let me know if you would like me to add you to the Roll Call.

For security purposes, please do not list your stateroom or your child(ren)'s names.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Last edited:
Thanks, abayaflowers! I have a DH, DD15 and DS13 who will be with me.

Roll Call

MommyJenTeaches DS7 DD4

For security purposes, please do not list your stateroom or your child(ren)'s names.

Thanks, abayaflowers! I have a DH too. When this gets closer, I think I'll need more directions too. ;)
Sounds good. This list allows those to connect privately to others with similar aged child(ten) for activities.

And also for making an FE list.

I keep counting the days.

BTW, a colleague told me that one can walk from the ship to 7 mile beach in Caymans. She said it's so much better to DIY.

:sulley:Hi! We are excited to be on the Fantasy for a second time and are bringing a new family of cruisers to enjoy all that DCL has to offer. We are: moi and hubby, teenage son (who LOVES Vibe on the Fantasy, much more so than on the Wonder) and 11year old daughter who is excited about Edge on the Fantasy, because she enjoyed Edge on the Wonder and can't wait to experience a "bigger and better" Edge! Although this is my 6th cruise with DCL we have never participated in an FE exchange before and it seems like it would add another layer of fun to our cruise! So, I look forward to meeting you here and on board!!!

We are going on our very first cruise EVER and we are SO excited that its a Disney Cruise! (It will be me, my DH and DS-8 years old.) My DS has been begging for this for years now and he has NO IDEA! We will be surprising him Christmas morning! :earboy2:

I really want to participate in the FE if anyone can tell me more about it! Also, we are traveling with 3 older adults and need some idea of what things they will be able to do on board!!!

This being our first cruise ever, any tips and suggestions are very welcome!

WHO ELSE IS WITH US??????

Ready to Set Sail!!! :mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald::tigger:

Stephanie
Stephanie, how "old" are the older adults? There are always lots of adults-only activities on the ship, and some adults-only departures for several of the shore excursions...my parents often do those just to have some kid-free time while ashore. On our Alaska cruise recently, my hubby and I enjoyed not only dinner at Palo, but also a chocolate and liqeur tasting, a champagne tasting, yoga, etc. All of these are kid-free activities that make a nice change for the older adults ;-) It's part of the beauty of a DCL cruise...you can have some activities all together and some on your own, depending on your mood! Everyone in your group can have a fabulous time!!!

:sulley:Hi! We are excited to be on the Fantasy for a second time and are bringing a new family of cruisers to enjoy all that DCL has to offer. We are: moi and hubby, teenage son (who LOVES Vibe on the Fantasy, much more so than on the Wonder) and 11year old daughter who is excited about Edge on the Fantasy, because she enjoyed Edge on the Wonder and can't wait to experience a "bigger and better" Edge! Although this is my 6th cruise with DCL we have never participated in an FE exchange before and it seems like it would add another layer of fun to our cruise! So, I look forward to meeting you here and on board!!!

Welcome, Madison! I guess my kids will be seeing yours in Vibe and Edge. And I'm glad you want to join the FE exchange! It's a lot of fun, and i know you'll really enjoy it.

MommyJennTeaches husband here. I handle excursions and logistics on vacation. While planning your excursions let me know if anyone is interested in sharing a private transfer on Grand Cayman to Royal Palms Beach Club. We have a party of 6 and the van holds up to 9 for the same price $20pp. I am using Majestic Tours. I believe a private transfer and cabana for the day there would be about the same as the tiki beach trip DCL is offering. Also our van will have seat belts for those of you with car seats (we are bringing one for our 4 yo.)

I've been doing some research on "Port Load" for our stops in the Western Carribean. That's tells you how many other ships and how many people will be trying to get on excursions the same day we will. In Falmouth Jamaica we will be porting next to one of the Freedom Class RCI ships (luckily not the Oasis class) but Falmouth only fits two ships so that will be moderatly busy. In Grand Cayman there is only one other ship listed to be tendering with us which is really low. In high season they bring in 5 ships or up to 20,000 people so GC should handle us with ease that day. Didn't check Cozmel as we are staying onboard that day. You can use a website called cruise timetables to check or another one called cruise TT to but that site is not as updated.

Roll Call

MommyJenTeaches DH Jen DS7 DD4

Welcome, Madison! I guess my kids will be seeing yours in Vibe and Edge. And I'm glad you want to join the FE exchange! It's a lot of fun, and i know you'll really enjoy it.
Yes, my daughter will definitely be at Edge and my son (17) hangs out at Vibe until it closes :) BTW, name's Claudia, MadisonMomma66 is my "alter ego" :)

Hi- you can add us to the roll call! This is our 11th cruise- our first Platinum cruise!b it will be me, DH and r boys- ages 23, 21, 19 & 17. We are also bringing one of the boy's girlfriend. This is her first cruise of any kind. She used to say she didn't like Disney ( she had been to WDW once as a child but it was the middle of the summer and they didn't have a plan so they were hot,crowded and frustrated). Well, we are huge Disney people and my son couldn't see a future with her if she wasn't willing to take an annual trip to Disney- lol. So we took her to Disneyland last summer to show her how to do it right and she loved it! I think the cruise will be an easy sell- she loves food and basking in the sun!

Hello everyone.
I've done a lot of traveling and have been on several cruises from Royal Caribbean to a pelican boat up the Mekong River. But I've never tried a Disney vacation.

I booked this cruise because it embarks on my granddaughter's 5th birthday. I'm trying to get my husband to join us but so far it's just me (48), my daughter (27) and granddaughter (5). We are in an aft balcony cabin and I can't wait to experience the famous Disney magic for myself. My sister and her family are big Mouse fans and have been to Disney World several times. She keeps telling me how wonderful it is to let yourself get swept up in the fantasy and I thought now is the time. My granddaughter is at the perfect age-- old enough to engage and reason but young enough to still believe (with her whole little heart) in fairy tales and magic. I have to admit... there is still might be a little wonder left in me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter