• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 1, 2013 Let's Get This Party Started!

Another thing I brought up today with the Facebook group - there seems to be some interest in getting something to wear to identify ourselves as part of the DIS meet group, and the best idea I've heard so far is to purchase a small round pin we can wear on our shirts or a lanyard. I for one am horrible with remembering faces, and am bound to embarass myself if I try. I found the following types of pins on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1022796...ry&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

(Hopefully the link will post) - but there's a nice one of a pirate ship on a yellow background that says "Yo Ho Ho" - I could ask the seller is he/she could change the graphic to "Yo Ho Yo Ho".. looks like they would be about 50 cents apiece, plus shipping. I am willing to order a bunch of them if folks are interested and would like to purchase them. Thoughts?

Another thing I brought up today with the Facebook group - there seems to be some interest in getting something to wear to identify ourselves as part of the DIS meet group, and the best idea I've heard so far is to purchase a small round pin we can wear on our shirts or a lanyard. I for one am horrible with remembering faces, and am bound to embarass myself if I try. I found the following types of pins on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1022796...ry&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all

(Hopefully the link will post) - but there's a nice one of a pirate ship on a yellow background that says "Yo Ho Ho" - I could ask the seller is he/she could change the graphic to "Yo Ho Yo Ho".. looks like they would be about 50 cents apiece, plus shipping. I am willing to order a bunch of them if folks are interested and would like to purchase them. Thoughts?

I think it is a great idea. It would be awesome if the etsy seller is willing to do that for us.

I also tossed out the idea of doing stickers to put on the lanyards. I know a lot of people just wear their lanyard all the time since it is an easy way to keep track of that room key that is everything on a cruise. Our cruise group from last May did that.

Depending on what everyone wants to do I could easily design several options and people could vote on the one they wanted. I am willing to print them and pass them out at the meet.

OK - with THAT said... I also want to say disnygirl55 I am SOOO not trying to step on your toes or take over your idea. I sincerely hope I am not coming across like that. I reread what I said on our FB page and immediately cringed.

The pins are a wonderful idea and I really like it. I am simple tossing out another option. :flower3:

Who's going?? DW and I are all pumped up and cannot wait. 59 days and we're sailing for St Maarten.

Hello...I just found your FE group. My family of 4 would like to join if it is not too late. Thank you and have a great cruise.

Hello...I just found your FE group. My family of 4 would like to join if it is not too late. Thank you and have a great cruise.

I am so sorry. We closed the group a few days ago. We had set a date last fall and I am afraid I would be thrown overboard if I didn't stick to it. :(

I sincerely hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise as well.

BTW - we will be having a meet and greet and we have some fantastic people on the cruise. We would love to have you join us for that and the other things we are planning.

Here is a link to the FE page. June 1st Fantasy Cruise

Hi I have tried to join Facebook page and would like to join mixology . I am new to Facebook so not sure what to do. Help please:cool1:

Hello all.. We're new to disboards and just found this thread. DW and I will be on board. We're pretty jacked up. This will be our second cruise. We were on the Magic in Dec. '11 and booked this trip during that cruise.
The first cruise was a Western Caribbean itinerary so this will be our first trip to the Eastern side. We booked a non DCL excursion for St Maarten with Island Marketing Ltd. The day includes a trip to Pinal Island and shopping in Marigot. Anyone ever done this?

We are also booked for the St John Champagne Catamaran excursion out of the St Thomas port. That trip sounds amazing!!

We'll see you on the ship!!

Hi I have tried to join Facebook page and would like to join mixology . I am new to Facebook so not sure what to do. Help please:cool1:

Hi! Not sure if you found the group on Facebook or not. I just need the names of people wanting to attend and cabin number. Right now I'm making List#2 / waiting list. We could possibly have two groups DCL let's us. Or it's just one group with a waiting list. We will know more about 21 days out. Lisa

Wow all of these great new people joining us! We are going to have one HUGE group of Dis'ers! :thumbsup2

I am new and joining your party ... we are booked and on the 8th floor ... I realize we are too late to join FE but looking forward to just getting to know you all... it will be our first 7 day cruise but 4 th Disney cruise .... it will be me, dh, dd(13),ds(8), and dd(6)...
looking forward to some magic
amyp

I have been so swamped at work lately plus being gone for Spring Break, I'm afraid I've missed something really imporant. Other than finalizing my shore excursions, what is everyone else working on for our cruise right now?

Thanks!

I have been working on our FE gifts.. cutting things out, making labels for the bags. I also found deck plans and put a Mickey graphic by each room that people doing the FE is in.

I need to buy one more thing for the FE - can't believe I forgot to get it today. Then I can just get everything separated, organized and packaged up.

Still have to do our (for everyone - will hand them out at the meet and greet) logo tags though.

I was a late starting to this group and realized many had already been planning...This Fish Extender idea was new to me but now after researching I am all in....I am volunteering to organize a third group to those that are late joining and/or decided after all the hype want to jump in....Please message me and I will add and do a chart similar to Jennifer's with her permission. She has been very gracious to do the first two groups .
I now understand why there is a cutoff b/c you have to plan for gifts and how many people so that being said I would like to set a cutoff for the third group for May 10th....That would give three weeks to finish any last minute gifts.
Thanks for letting me join your group and continue with the fun...
Sending out a call for anyone wanting to join the magic..
Amy P
:cool1:

Getting a late start on our planning, but better late than never! This will be our third DCL cruise, but the first on the Fantasy, so we are all super excited! It will be myself, my DH, and my two DDs, ages 15 and 13. I have asked to join the FB group and my DH and I would love to join in on the mixology class if there ends up being room.

Getting a late start on our planning, but better late than never! This will be our third DCL cruise, but the first on the Fantasy, so we are all super excited! It will be myself, my DH, and my two DDs, ages 15 and 13. I have asked to join the FB group and my DH and I would love to join in on the mixology class if there ends up being room.

Just let me know your names and cabin number and I can put you on list 2. If we can have two groups we will, but it could also be the waiting list. Just depends on Disney! :). Welcome.

I was a late starting to this group and realized many had already been planning...This Fish Extender idea was new to me but now after researching I am all in....I am volunteering to organize a third group to those that are late joining and/or decided after all the hype want to jump in....Please message me and I will add and do a chart similar to Jennifer's with her permission. She has been very gracious to do the first two groups .
I now understand why there is a cutoff b/c you have to plan for gifts and how many people so that being said I would like to set a cutoff for the third group for May 10th....That would give three weeks to finish any last minute gifts.
Thanks for letting me join your group and continue with the fun...
Sending out a call for anyone wanting to join the magic..
Amy P
:cool1:
We are going on the June 1st cruise and I am interested in the FE idea. Can you give me more information? There will be 6 of us, Meme and Papa and Mom and Dad and 2 girls ages 6 and 4.

Hello! Very late to the party. Although I don't think we will be able to participate in the FE, we would certainly like to meet some folks! In our case it's me, DH, DD 16 and DD 21, celebrating my birthday and his graduation from "gulp" College!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter