• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2013 Discounts

Working with a great agent, who is looking out for us---she let me know that she had changed the reservation before I even heard about the offer. She saved us over $600! Yay! Can't wait to spend that money on some fine dining while there!

I saw a message about the Disney VISA offer yesterday and contacted my AAA agent before they even knew (I could tell by their reaction) Made my reservation update today and saved an additional $240.

Yes, I am doing the happy dance! I really wasn't sure an offer would come for late July/early Aug, and had resigned to going forward regardless. Did I mention I am doing the happy dance?

:cool1:

I got my Disney Visa discount this morning! We saved $721! YAY! I would have not even known about the discount so early if it wasn't for this board, so thanks guys! I am even more excited about our trip now! :banana:

Hi, if I may ask - was the $$ you saved room only or was it a package (tickets & dining plan)? And if it was a package - was there a price discount on the tickets (like it is rumored to be if more than 4 days are purchased)?

I have an existing reservation for July for POFQ for 8 nights w/7 day park hopper. Now with the possibility of a public discount being offered I am number crunching to see what WL might cost.

Thanks!!:)

Hi, if I may ask - was the $$ you saved room only or was it a package (tickets & dining plan)? And if it was a package - was there a price discount on the tickets (like it is rumored to be if more than 4 days are purchased)?

I have an existing reservation for July for POFQ for 8 nights w/7 day park hopper. Now with the possibility of a public discount being offered I am number crunching to see what WL might cost.

Well according to my calculations there was a discount on just the room. But, I am having a hard time figuring it out exactly. We had to upgrade our room in order to use the discount and I did not ask what the price difference was between our original reservation and the price of our new room before the discount. If my estimates were correct just the room was discounted. However, I could be off in my math and I did not think to ask the CM to break it down for me I was so excited about my savings!:rolleyes1

Vickie1016 said:

WL is the only deluxe resort that has 20% instead of 30%, you may want to to take a look at the 30% off deluxes too.

I'm trying to be a good girl. Trying to save money and not go to WDW this summer. But they just keep sucking me back in!!!

Well according to my calculations there was a discount on just the room. But, I am having a hard time figuring it out exactly. We had to upgrade our room in order to use the discount and I did not ask what the price difference was between our original reservation and the price of our new room before the discount. If my estimates were correct just the room was discounted. However, I could be off in my math and I did not think to ask the CM to break it down for me I was so excited about my savings!:rolleyes1
Thanks for the info - I would be to excited as well to ask for specifics!!:cool1:

WL is the only deluxe resort that has 20% instead of 30%, you may want to to take a look at the 30% off deluxes too.

:thumbsup2 Thanks, I will look into the others as well. (We stayed at WLV in '10 & loved the convience of the boat to MK.)

Just applied the discount to my package. Saved $417. Not as much as last year, but I'll take it.

I had booked the special they offered in June hoping to change it to a July/August deal later. Travelling June 8th - 14th currently. I was pretty sure that it was the same discount they are offering for summer travel now. Though now, when I try to price my ideal vacation in late July - August, it is nowhere close to being the same price or cheaper than what I have booked already for June. Am I missing something here?

I had booked the special they offered in June hoping to change it to a July/August deal later. Travelling June 8th - 14th currently. I was pretty sure that it was the same discount they are offering for summer travel now. Though now, when I try to price my ideal vacation in late July - August, it is nowhere close to being the same price or cheaper than what I have booked already for June. Am I missing something here?

are you hitting the specials button on the web? I didn't know it was there for over a month of pricing things!!:rolleyes1

chipshotj said:

Most of the people here are giving us the savings off of their previously booked non-discounted trips. We moved our package vacation from June which was booked under spring discount to July under the summer discount and saved a whopping $10! But for the portion of our trip that was room only we saved considerably simply because we were able to price many more options and choose the resort that was more appealing; availability for original dates was very tight.

Well we changed resorts... We are stay CL at WL & saved $960 & my In-laws saved $795. They would have saved more if they had stayed at AKL but we wouldn't have saved very much. So we switched!:cool1:

Thanks. What I booked previously was a special offer. It was the special they were running for up to 30% off if you booked by March 15th for travel through June 14th. I booked for the last week possible with this special. I did book a value resort, which was only 15% off I believe. Ideally, I was hoping for a special that I could travel in late summer, which you think would be cheaper based off their charts. When I price the same trip now, with the later weeks, "summer special" is showing, but the price is higher than the June one I have already booked. Both show Pop Century being 15% off, so I am just trying to figure out if that is the case, why would the price not be the same. It is not in a pricier timeframe or anything. Maybe I should call

Thanks. What I booked previously was a special offer. It was the special they were running for up to 30% off if you booked by March 15th for travel through June 14th. I booked for the last week possible with this special. I did book a value resort, which was only 15% off I believe. Ideally, I was hoping for a special that I could travel in late summer, which you think would be cheaper based off their charts. When I price the same trip now, with the later weeks, "summer special" is showing, but the price is higher than the June one I have already booked. Both show Pop Century being 15% off, so I am just trying to figure out if that is the case, why would the price not be the same. It is not in a pricier timeframe or anything. Maybe I should call

Definitely call. Online/website info is not always accurate.

Good Luck!

The summer discount for room rates values is lower than the spring offer.

The spring offer for dates April 2 through June 14, 2013 had 20% room rates for All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, and Pop Century. The current summer offer is for 15% off room rates at these three resorts.

The other factor is that both offers include some kind of ticket discount too (not specified what it is, you have to do the math) if you book a Magic Your Way package. That portion of the summer offer may be a smaller discount too.

wanted to share our savings:

staying for 10 nights july/august

5 WL courtyard view with bunk bed
5 GF club level - sugarloaf bldg.

saved $1700 !!!

thank you all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter