• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2013 Discounts

Hi RHMH! Currently we are snowed in here in Illinois so I have been on the disney forum site on and off all day. Let's hope CuteAsMinnie got good info from the disney receptionist. Hopefully those discounts come soon, and then I will be booking vacation the same time as you! Hope all is well with you and your family.

Linda - I am amazed with how much snow your area has been getting this year. It's amazing to people in Texas when we only get an inch or 2 at the most in one day and melts the next day.

Hopefully we'll get to meet up this year.

I have to apologize if this has already been discussed. I have never gone in the summer but since DH and I are both teaching now and my sister is getting married in Jacksonville July 5 we decided this will our only time to go for quite some time. We are going to face the heat and crowds but July Disney is better than no Disney. I hate that I have thrown out 2 pin codes already but they aren't for our dates. Our dates 7/7-7/12. Are those dates usually blacked out for the holidays? It will be a value if no discounts can be found. If we find a discount then we can do Wilderness Lodge. I know it's just a waiting game now. Am I correct that if I book before the discounts come out that I can re-book using a discount if one is available. Or is it better to just wait? It's been a while since I've done this kind of planning and I have forgotten things or the policies have changed.:confused3

Thanks Konni

I have to apologize if this has already been discussed. I have never gone in the summer but since DH and I are both teaching now and my sister is getting married in Jacksonville July 5 we decided this will our only time to go for quite some time. We are going to face the heat and crowds but July Disney is better than no Disney. I hate that I have thrown out 2 pin codes already but they aren't for our dates. Our dates 7/7-7/12. Are those dates usually blacked out for the holidays? It will be a value if no discounts can be found. If we find a discount then we can do Wilderness Lodge. I know it's just a waiting game now. Am I correct that if I book before the discounts come out that I can re-book using a discount if one is available. Or is it better to just wait? It's been a while since I've done this kind of planning and I have forgotten things or the policies have changed.:confused3

Thanks Konni

Hello Fellow Diser - DD and I go in July every year. We make reservations for our next year vacation as we depart of a couple of weeks after we get home. We just wait and see what discounts come out and then apply to our reservation. We usually just use the General Public Discount that everyone receives. I heard - maybe the end of March we will see discounts for July. Maybe, maybe not. But make your reservations as soon as you ae sure you are going. That is only my opinion - Other Diser's may have better advice to share.

RHMH said:
Hello Fellow Diser - DD and I go in July every year. We make reservations for our next year vacation as we depart of a couple of weeks after we get home. We just wait and see what discounts come out and then apply to our reservation. We usually just use the General Public Discount that everyone receives. I heard - maybe the end of March we will see discounts for July. Maybe, maybe not. But make your reservations as soon as you ae sure you are going. That is only my opinion - Other Diser's may have better advice to share.

I agree! History would dictate that in March there should be a July discount. It has been room only for the past 3 years so that what I would expect this year if they do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks I think I will book my trip then. I am thinking of possibly getting an ap. looks like that might even save a little more.

diskids2 said:
In July 2011 the pin for FD arrived in April. The offer then was QS for value, DDP for moderates and deluxe.

In July 2012 the pin we received was for up to 30% off stays and since we were going to a deluxe this pin was actually more valuable then the FD pin. We did not receive any other pins for free dining and we have multiple email addresses not tied to each other on disney's file.

I always think it is a good idea to save different quotes and order the DVD. For some reason it works for us and every year we get some sort of offer even if it is not one that we can use.

Good luck everyone!

When in July were these offers good? Beginning end? We are going July 12 to the 19th

Z28KatCar said:
I agree! History would dictate that in March there should be a July discount. It has been room only for the past 3 years so that what I would expect this year if they do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When there is a room discount like the 30% is it for certain hotels or all of them.

This summer most of all Deluxe and DVC resorts will be 30%. Wilderness lodge will be 20% and the rooms at Animal Kingdom that face the savanah will not be included.

This summer most of all Deluxe and DVC resorts will be 30%. Wilderness lodge will be 20% and the rooms at Animal Kingdom that face the savanah will not be included.

Interesting :thumbsup2, any idea of the dates it's valid for?

DizDiver said:

How can you possible know this info? Nothing has been announced.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Are meal plan discounts offered at the end of March as well? I've heard the meal plan discounts take more off of a persons stay than the resort discount. Thoughts? :listen:

Beachwed04 said:
Are meal plan discounts offered at the end of March as well? I've heard the meal plan discounts take more off of a persons stay than the resort discount. Thoughts? :listen:

Unfortunately the end of March is prime time with it being the week before Easter and spring break for lots. So no hotel discounts and definitely no free dining should be expected. They actually add a surcharge to the character meals at that time.

A lot of people on these boards think that that resort discounts are usually better because you pay the rack rate on the room with meal plan discounts.

fadingjamie said:
A lot of people on these boards think that that resort discounts are usually better because you pay the rack rate on the room with meal plan discounts.

Agreed, if both a room discount and free dining are being offered you need to see which is the better discount for your situation. For us a room discount is usually better but I will take any discount over nothing, lol!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hoping for discounts in July 2013. Anyone heard ANYTHING???
Thanks! We r really mising Mickey and his friends!!

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter