• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2011

What a bad experience at WCC:sad2:
I always wonder when that happens to us at a restaurant - is it the manager's fault, the server's fault???
Are they not turning your order in timely or is the order being turned in and then it's taking too long in the kitchen?
Hopefully tomorrow brings better and magical experiences for your family:)
Amy

No problem, so glad you're enjoying them! It is so sad that Jane died so young...she was only in her early 40's, think of how many more novels she might have written! Have you read the two unfinished ones, the Watsons and Sanditon? I have read those, and the six novels as well as some juvenalia and some of her letters. I always feel bad reading her letters though, it feels like I'm snooping, lol! I love Mansfield Park, I would definitely recommend it, and the hero from Northanger, Mr. Tilney, is actually my very favorite Austen hero (even above Darcy!:eek: lol!)!!

What ??!! :scared1: Never say that there is someone better than Darcy !! I will have to read that one, then for sure !! I haven't read anything that wasn't widely published, but I will ... someday. It is always so sad when someone so talented dies so young and to know that possible the medical knowledge we have now ... would have easily saved them back then. :sad2:

Two trips ago, we had similar service at WCC (and also felt similarly about the food). In a venue that relies so heavily on the atmosphere, you would think the managers would really watch the servers promptness and dedication to the theme at WCC.

As far as the food goes, I figured that it would be AT LEAST as good as similar fare found at Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It was not; especially considering the cost (as you mention).

All of that being said, I would gladly return to staying at the WL, as long as it meant eating at Artist Point. Now THAT was a meal worth the price!

WCC has never appealed to us, but we loved Artist Point. And WL is really charming (although when you live as near to Gatlinburg as we do, it's more homey than vacationy if that makes any sense.)

I really like the pool at Saratoga. I would want to play with the spraying horses too! I love going down the slides and all just like the "real" kids!

Ahhh............POR. Thanks for the pictures!! I adore this place!! And the slide at POR is indeed "breathtaking"! We didn't try the one at POFQ this year because there were too many kids. :rolleyes1

The beignets at POFQ were disappointing to me. I have only had beingets at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans and was expecting them to be similar...they aren't anywhere close! But they are very tasty if you aren't comparing the two!

And sorry WCC was so disappointing. I have heard good and bad causing me to wonder if I want to take the chance!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at WCC. We have eaten there once and had a great time. We had really good service, that always makes a meal better.

CONGRATULATIONS on graduating!!! That's very exciting, did you do anything special to celebrate? The treehouses were fabulous, I didn't want to leave!

My family and I made it into a mini holiday type thing, we spent a week in the place where my university is based, so that was pretty cool! :) On the day we went to China town and had this amazing meal too :)

Your dress is so pretty! I love it! And those kitchen wares were too cute! Sorry you had to wait so long for your meal though, it's even worse when it doesn't live up to the standards you expect from Disney. I hope you had some amazing other meals though!

Oh now - I'm sorry to hear your WCC wasn't very good. We have never eaten there before, but DH & I have lunch reservations there this trip. At least it's not all 5 of us this for this meal, so if it isn't any good it won't affect all of us!

I love that you guys went to both PO pools. I bet those beignets wore off well before you got a chance to eat. Sheesh - talk about a loooooong meal. I have only eaten at WCC once and I did not think it was all that, but I know there are a lot of people who love it. I'm just not one of them. I have wanted to try it again, but you review makes me glad I haven't. Maybe breakfast.

Has you family ever taken the lodge tour? I took it last May and it really it fabulous and a lot of fun. I know you do a lot of non-park activities and I always enjoy reading about all the fun non-park things you do. I think you would love this.

Thanks for the fun updates!

ha, that Texas license plate is awesome! :thumbsup2

Those iphone cases are so cute. My cousin showed us hers at our 4th of July get together. If only I had an iphone...

I love the Wilderness Lodge. Sorry you didn't have a great experience at WCC. :guilty:

POR used to be "our" resort before buying into DVC as it sleeps 5. It's a really nice resort and we always had good stays there.

That's too bad about WCC, I've read some bad reviews on it but we've never tried it. Have always been wary of the loud atmosphere which wouldn't be good for DS with his Autism. Love WL though, it is DS's fav resort.

Wow, I missed more than I thought! I am loving your report, of course, as I always do!

I cannot believe they sell canned sausage in vending machines. I mean, I know it's the south but WOW.

Saratoga Springs is so pretty. I love your Samantha Brown reference! I LOVE her. And it was so sweet of that CM to give out a ton of stickers. I love that.

I can't believe that rude CM! I would have called a manager if he made a remark like that to me. It's not like they tell you to be there at a certain time for check-in. Ugh.

Ooh, I love the colors of the new mugs! And the nerdy merchandise is so cute.

WOW the Treehouse Villas look AWESOME. Reminds me of the WL! Thanks for all the details, I doubt I'll ever stay there since it's usually just my mom and I traveling and it looks HUGE! And that faucet is the coolest!!

Your brother is so cute telling you to watch out for the snake.

Saratoga Springs is beautiful. I especially love the new pool with the red and white! Gorgeous!

It's a shame you only got to stay in the treehouse one night but Riverside is so pretty and resort hopping is fun so yay!

Oh those Mickey kitchen supplies! I cannot wait to have my own house so I can have a Disney kitchen and bathroom.

The make your own pasta sounds awesome. I love when they freshly make it for you! They used to do that at the 1900 Park Fare buffet before it went way downhill.

I keep hearing that the beignets are overrated! Maybe those have gone downhill too? I've always wanted to take a trip to French Quarter just to try them, but now i'm doubting that!

Oh how I love the WL. I never noticed the raccoon tracks before but that reminds me of all the animal tracks at AK, which are so cool!

Ok.. I feel as though I should get an iPhone (even though I am against them b/c I know if I get one it will become my life... I'm obsessed enough with my Blackberry...) just so I can get one (ALL) of those amazing cases!!

You are probably right, you could make that castle frame. Hmm, I feel some inspiration coming on!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at WCC. We love it there, but have only had breakfast which was much better than dinner sounds. I wanted to try dinner but I keep hearing so many bad reviews like yours that I've been turned off.

Can I just say I love how slow you guys take it? Page 11 and still no parks, lol you remind me of me! It is a VACATION after all, no need to run around like crazy. :cloud9:

OK enough of my rambling. Can't wait for more! :wizard:

Emma your trip reports are addicting! I have read all of your reports now and I’m anxiously awaiting your next update!

Yay! I'm so excitied to have found a new snobby trip report!! Loving all of your pictures with the fancy new camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter