• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2011

I love the lush, green surroundings of the Treehouse Villas. As for SSR - I've never given it much thought, but it looks really nice. Wonderful update. Hope you and your family are having a blast.

OK - So I am requesting a villa near the walkway because I love that pool all decked out in red and white. It looks perfect. Love the way you made all the pool rounds. What a fun way to spend the afternoon. I can't wait!!!! Great pics! Especially the fountains in the sunset pic!

Thanks so much for all of the Tree house photos !! I can't wait to stay there one day !!

Right after my post to you, the Persuasion movie that we were talking about came on TV. I just love that movie !! It is nice to have a fellow Jane Austin fan !! Did you know that it was published posthumously ?? It was so sad the way she died. With modern medicine she would have been saved I believe.

Have you read any of her other works ?? I have yet to read Northanger Abbey and I have never read Mansfield Park. Anyway, and I can see how you relate to her since she had six brothers and she and her sister the only girls.

Can't wait to see more of your TR !!

You have such a nice area around you at the Treehouses. The lake looks so quaint, though I think that whole snake situation may have ruined it for me... I hate snakes. :sad2: Thank goodness the snake didn't really come near the two of you.

All the pools around the resort look so pretty! I love the horse-racing theme they have. I've been to Saratoga and seen a bit of the race track and I'm pretty sure it was all white and red. :thumbsup2 I also get another reminder to go to Earl of Sandwich *makes note* And a little sidenote, those little berries on the trees look so pretty, very photogenic.

So nice to end a day with cupcakes and some Phineas and Ferb (Great show, might I add, I say more older kids like it than younger kids hahahaha) Can't wait to read about your first day in the parks! :mickeyjum

Aww man I got away for a week to graduate and I miss so much of your report! The tree houses look amazing!! I am so jealous you got to stay in one! Can't wait for more pictures :) the pool and the scenery are pretty neat too :)

Great updates, Emma:)
I love the descriptions and comments.
Instead of a neat-looking faucet - it's a faucet that makes you think of mining for gold:rotfl2:
And especially finding AG dolls and a coca-cola machine in the wetlands. I noticed they weren't listed on the board.:rotfl2:
Also, Mama snob is so with-it on these trips.
I need to try to be like her:worship:
I remember from one of your TR's where she had the container to put extra mickey mousse domes from Chef Mickey's to take back to the room - yummy -they are my favorite.
Then knowing about the ice cave at T-Rex. I showed that to my DS and he said he would like the ice cave if he couldn't sit right under the big dinosaur that is right next to the ice cave in your picture.
Then she knew to be on the look out for a new pool at SSR.
She is very impressive in being in the know with all things Disney.
The treetop villas look neat.
They remind me of cabins in Gatlinburg - they were octogon in shape and were all scattered up this hillside.
Can't wait to read more:)
Amy

Quick note -- There is a AAA discount available there, but I don't remember the amount.

Hopefully it will still be in place when they open the one in Times Square later this year.:thumbsup2

Fell a little behind due to the craziness of summer but am all caught up now. :thumbsup2

Loved all the Treehouse pics! I think we were in the villa across from yours when we were there in June 09. Ours was a HA villa as MIL was with us and she was handicapped. The master in our villa had no tub, just a walk/roll in shower and grab bars by the toilet. I loved the villa itself but have to say we had a terrible time with the bugs which turned off DH. Hope to give it a try again sometime if we can get in at the 7mos mark.

That pool you found on the way back to THV was the Grandstand pool area. The times we've stayed at SSR we were in the Grandstand section right by that pool and it is amazing. My kids actually preferred it over the "big pool". ;) I was fine with that as it was closer and less crowded. They had a blast with the sprayers.

There is a brand new pool area in the Paddock section with a slide and QS food. I think it's like a secondary feature pool since SSR is such a big resort. I've seen pics and it looks fun too.

Love, love, love Earl of Sandwich. It's my favorite place in WDW I think. We ate there 3x on our last trip. So wish there was one somewhere near Chicago so I could get my fix between trips.

When we were in the Treehouses we were one of the two closest to the walking path. That pitiful little pool in the Treehouse area felt like our private pool! My husband would walk over there every night and sit in the hot tub and was usually the only person there. I went over with him a couple times and only saw other people there once. We were there August that year, so it wasn't like it wasn't hot enough out to enjoy a swim.

I don't remember if the boys went there much or not - they may have gone up to one of the other ones.

I'll bet it was hard to leave that cool treehouse. It looks like you had a nice breakfast. I like your dress for the day. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter