July 20, 2013 - Western on Fantasy

Hope you will consider doing a closed Facebook group. We did it for our last cruise & it was outstanding and still active to this day (almost two years later).

We just booked this cruise! I am so excited! Will be myself, my dh, and dd - she is 8. We have some friends cruising with us, they have their own room.

This is cruise #7 for us - so far we have only been on the magic and the wonder - we are very excited!

Lizzy'smom
Andrea in Vegas

We just booked this cruise! I am so excited! Will be myself, my dh, and dd - she is 8. We have some friends cruising with us, they have their own room.

This is cruise #7 for us - so far we have only been on the magic and the wonder - we are very excited!

Lizzy'smom
Andrea in Vegas

Welcome Andrea!!!!!!!

DuckMom said:
Hi All! We just booked our cruise this weekend! I'm SOOOO excited. I've never been on a cruise in my life and am a bit nervous. I have horrible motion sickness (Magical Express and I had a bad first meeting), but I'm hoping with medicine, patch, etc, I'll be ok. We are on Deck 9, but in the front, which was not my first choice.

It will be me, my husband and two sons (by then 8 and 4 -- yikes!). My in-laws will also be in another cabin on Deck 9.

We'd love to get in on the Fish Extender thing. I read a bit about that last night on the Dis boards and love adding extra magic.

I'm so excited to learn all about the cruise and plan everything. I'm a bit of a over planner, but this is a whole new experience for me!

Hi! I had a lot of trouble with motion sickness when we cruised on the "Magic" in 2011. I used the "seabands" that only helped a little. I even had to leave dinner one night it was so bad! We just did a cruise for Christmas on the "Fantasy". I used the motion sickness patch "scopolamine" and did not have any trouble!! I highly recommend it :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

AnnaS said:
Thanks Stephanie. The link is great too. I know what they look like and have seen them a ton of times. To be honest I never participated because I thought it was an exchange for the kids. Very interesting and will definitely give it some thought. (My "kids" will be 27, 25 and 20 when we cruise). Oh my - they are definitely not kids anymore :rotfl:

Aww, it doesn't matter how old they are-its fun to come back to the room and find something new in the FE!!

rthomasson said:
Hi,
My husband & I have cruised before prior to children. This will be our 1st Disney cruise and first cruise for DS 11 and DS 9.:cool1:

Our boys are 10 & 12! They loved " Edge" and the detective game on the ship! If your kids are looking for some buddies to explore with, they would love to meet them!

Hello! We just booked this cruise! We were on the Fantasy for a Christmas cruise to the eastern Caribbean and now we are ready to head to the western Caribbean-we loved it! This will be our 3rd disney cruise. We have two sons who are 10 & 12. We are bringing my parents this time for their first cruise EVER!! So excited! Totally into the fish extender group-lots of fun!

Hello! We just booked this cruise! We were on the Fantasy for a Christmas cruise to the eastern Caribbean and now we are ready to head to the western Caribbean-we loved it! This will be our 3rd disney cruise. We have two sons who are 10 & 12. We are bringing my parents this time for their first cruise EVER!! So excited! Totally into the fish extender group-lots of fun!

Welcome Wendy to you and your family.

Aww, it doesn't matter how old they are-its fun to come back to the room and find something new in the FE!!

We exchanged gifts with other dismembers on one of our dismeets. I will definitely consider it for this cruise if things don't get too hectic around here. We are 18 people for this cruise - only speaking for myself for the FE :).
Welcome again -

my son just asked me if I know when Formal and semi-forma night is - he is planning on booking Remy and would prefer it's not one of these nights or Pirate night.

Hi everyone, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, now that it will be 2013... I am getting super excited for our cruise, only 200 more days to go :hourglass

Welcome Wendy!!! So happy to have you and your family join us!! Thanks for joining the FE group. It our second cruise and our first FE... I saw them the first time, but only figured it out once I got on the DIS. We are so looking forward to sharing in the fun.

my son just asked me if I know when Formal and semi-forma night is - he is planning on booking Remy and would prefer it's not one of these nights or Pirate night.

It is my understanding that the 21st (sea day) will be the formal night... the pirate night will be on the 24th (Cozumel) and the 25th (sea day) will be the semi-formal night ...

Anyone planning on dressing piratey for pirate night? We do community theater so are always looking for an excuse to play dress-up... weeeellllllll... I suppose that is not entirely true... my HUbby is not as excited about pirate dress-up as the rest of us, but he is being a good sport about our madness :rotfl:

Welcome!

I just booked us a couple of days ago.

Me, DH, DD 15, DS 11 and my folks. The six of us have done two Magic cruises during Thanksgiving ('09 & '11). So this is a new itinerary and boat for us.

I am watching a beautiful snowfall here in Kansas City and remembering what my daughter said last night before going to bed, "We need to start shopping for swimsuits." I think we are excited!! :earboy2:

It is my understanding that the 21st (sea day) will be the formal night... the pirate night will be on the 24th (Cozumel) and the 25th (sea day) will be the semi-formal night ...

Anyone planning on dressing piratey for pirate night? We do community theater so are always looking for an excuse to play dress-up... weeeellllllll... I suppose that is not entirely true... my HUbby is not as excited about pirate dress-up as the rest of us, but he is being a good sport about our madness :rotfl:

Thank you so much - I have not had a chance to go exploring - if you happen to read/hear different, please post :)

I just booked us a couple of days ago.

Me, DH, DD 15, DS 11 and my folks. The six of us have done two Magic cruises during Thanksgiving ('09 & '11). So this is a new itinerary and boat for us.

I am watching a beautiful snowfall here in Kansas City and remembering what my daughter said last night before going to bed, "We need to start shopping for swimsuits." I think we are excited!! :earboy2:

Welcome!!! We had snow/rain here Saturday night. It is really cold here now too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!! We all have countdowns on our computer, signatures, phones, etc.

Wish I could put this on the first page first thread..... don't know how.

So far we have (and if I am missing anyone as of 1/1/2013 - please post).

AnnaS
Jd9891
baddog576
Supermag
Duckmom
rthomasson
nutzaboutdisney (not sure if booked)
SkykyDad
Trustmemom (not sure if booked)
DanaD27
Disneymagic316
Karriemouse
Sophiemouse
projectgemini
disneydeux
Lizzy'smom
CaptJackFan
gcoolie
MPHARJ
missyoh8
DisfaninMI

Going to try and post a graphic I was playing with. I've never posted a pic before, so I hope it works. :confused3

fantasy_edited-1_zps5bc3ca8c.jpg

This will be our first Disney Cruise, so excited. My parents were going to travel with us, but now can not. So it will be my 2 children and I!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter