July 20, 2013 - Western on Fantasy

Going to try and post a graphic I was playing with. I've never posted a pic before, so I hope it works. :confused3

fantasy_edited-1_zps5bc3ca8c.jpg

You did it! Very nice! For our Med. someone on the list made a design and the just about the whole group bought them and wore them on the first day.

I created a secret Facebook group for our cruise

Fulfilling a Fantasy 2013
http://www.facebook.com/groups/438356752885220/

It is secret meaning nobody that is not in the group can see what we post.

If it won't let you join, then private message me or email me (aimee at trumantickets dot com) and I will add you to the group. I will just need your facebook name. We don't need to be friends to all be in the group (although that is just fine).

Fun way to communicate rather than these clunky boards.

And I would love to participate in a group t-shirt. I have zero skills in that arena but would be happy to coordinate things.

Cheers!

This will be our first Disney Cruise, so excited. My parents were going to travel with us, but now can not. So it will be my 2 children and I!

Welcome to you and your family to the CruiseMeet!!
Thanks for joining the FE group, slowly but surely the number of participants is growing. It is going to be a lot of fun to share in the magic making. Now that we are in 2013 I am so moving into planning mode... got my trip spreadsheet to plan all my big dreams and we have a healthy start to the giant change jar for our family "mad $$" :hyper:

FE link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47055023

I will probably make a door magnet from this one. If anyone wants one, I can change the name, etc. I didn't know about the doors until right before our last cruise and really stressed myself out making cute magnets. Vowed to start early this time!

T-shirts---I could try to design something if you have any ideas. I've seen group shirts around the parks, but I can't think of the designs I've seen right off the top of my head. How would that work? Everyone use the design and have their own made?

Hello! We just booked this cruise! We were on the Fantasy for a Christmas cruise to the eastern Caribbean and now we are ready to head to the western Caribbean-we loved it! This will be our 3rd disney cruise. We have two sons who are 10 & 12. We are bringing my parents this time for their first cruise EVER!! So excited! Totally into the fish extender group-lots of fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello out there to all! :wave2: I'm CaptJackFan's DH. We are all EXTREMLY excited party: about our third DCL cruise, and having DMIL & DFIL with us for their 1st every cruise! The boys are looking forward to "Cruising with Grandma & Grandpap"! :sail:

Can't wait to get back on the ship again! Looking foreward to meeting everyone!

So here is the scoop on the Fish Extender groups (I love this idea of*fish*extenders) ..... Next to your cabin door is a*fish*that the crew uses to leave communications. A Fish Extender is a bag of some sort hung on the*fish (google fish extender and check out some of the neat designs folks have come up with). People who have agreed to participate (they sign up from this meet) leave little gifts to each other (in the extender) throughout the cruise. The gifts are small, and can be whatever you wish... often homemade or from the region where you live.

To accomplish this fun ...one person volunteers to head up the*fish*gift exchange (basically collect the names of all the persons interested in this exchange and write down their room numbers and any ages of children) This person is responsible for getting the info to everyone who is participating... either through a cruise ship meetup or through PMs on this site.

Once you have the list you go around and put little gift into everyone*fish*extender.*The group will decide on the particulars (1 day vs multiple days...themes... etc). For example in one gift bag they put a lolipop in it that NYC printed on it and a pencils. If you look on the Dis boards reports or do a search for*fish*extenders you can see some of the gifts and extenders that are pictured on their reports. This is not something you have to do but seems to be really fun.

I would be willing to be the organizer that collect names and info :teacher:

-Stephanie AKA Suger Mag :hippie:

A great big THANK YOU :thumbsup2 :cheer2: for organizing the FE list. They are a BLAST pixiedust: to do. We have done them on both of our previous cruises, and Wendy & I look forward to seeing what's in there everyday (probably more than the boys! :rotfl: )
It's NOT just for the kids! :lmao:

Some people do multiple small gifts to give per room (magnets, pads, pencils, cards, treats ...):scratchin We have seen everything from suckers/pixie stix ... to VERY creative personalized magnets! :cool1:
Something for kids to enjoy, as well as something for adults to enjoy.
Of course, there are NO RULES ... Whatever you want to give is fine. The fun part is finding surprises EVERY DAY!!!:hyper:

We even went so far as to purchase my in-laws their VERY OWN Fish Extender to hang outside their door, so they can participate too. (We are STILL trying to explain to them exactly what FE is!) :rotfl2:

Thank you. I really should read this thread. We have been there twice and only lounged by the water. Would love to try the bike ride, would like to sit by the adult beach areas this time (no kids) and would love someday to rent the cabana.

There are a few of us who want to go parasailing. I wonder if it's one at a time. Perhaps we will run into each other here too.:)

We had a cabana on our Eastern Caribbean cruise last month! It was FANTASTIC!!! :hyper::banana::dance3: They are VERY difficult to get though. We got lucky. Pretty much have to be a platinum or concigere cruiser.

Parasailing has always interested me. May try it out this time. Weather was too bad in December. All excurions were cancelled on Castawat Cay due to high winds/rain.

Going to try and post a graphic I was playing with. I've never posted a pic before, so I hope it works. :confused3

fantasy_edited-1_zps5bc3ca8c.jpg

FANTASTIC PIC!!! :thumbsup2:worship::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

That would be a great gift as a magnet for the FE. A t-shirt is a great idea too!

I created a secret Facebook group for our cruise

Fulfilling a Fantasy 2013
http://www.facebook.com/groups/438356752885220/

It is secret meaning nobody that is not in the group can see what we post.

If it won't let you join, then private message me or email me (aimee at trumantickets dot com) and I will add you to the group. I will just need your facebook name. We don't need to be friends to all be in the group (although that is just fine).

Fun way to communicate rather than these clunky boards.

And I would love to participate in a group t-shirt. I have zero skills in that arena but would be happy to coordinate things.

Cheers!

Wasn't able to find it ... will PM you my info! :badpc:

We had a cabana on our Eastern Caribbean cruise last month! It was FANTASTIC!!! :hyper::banana::dance3: They are VERY difficult to get though. We got lucky. Pretty much have to be a platinum or concigere cruiser.

Parasailing has always interested me. May try it out this time. Weather was too bad in December. All excurions were cancelled on Castawat Cay due to high winds/rain.

Yes, Cabana look fantastic and would love to try to book one some day but we are 18 people for this cruise so maybe next time. Are you going to try to get one? Good luck!!! They are awesome.

So far have not changed mind - want to go Parasailing here as well as a few others in our group.

Nice to have you here.

I will probably make a door magnet from this one. If anyone wants one, I can change the name, etc. I didn't know about the doors until right before our last cruise and really stressed myself out making cute magnets. Vowed to start early this time!

T-shirts---I could try to design something if you have any ideas. I've seen group shirts around the parks, but I can't think of the designs I've seen right off the top of my head. How would that work? Everyone use the design and have their own made?

Someone made the magnets too - same design as on the shirts. I should try to find one and post a picture. I can't remember the website used for the shirts - something ending or beginning with press I believe. I will ask Wendy - disneymagic316 she has a better memory than me. On the back - all of our screennames were printed on it too. They were neat.

A great big THANK YOU :thumbsup2 :cheer2: for organizing the FE list. They are a BLAST pixiedust: to do. We have done them on both of our previous cruises, and Wendy & I look forward to seeing what's in there everyday (probably more than the boys! :rotfl: )
It's NOT just for the kids! :lmao:

Awww, thanks... I confess, I have never done one, but found out about them when I had booked this cruise and was doing DISresearch... I so wanted to do one I figured the best way to make sure a FE happened for this cruise... was to offer to organize it :)

Someone made the magnets too - same design as on the shirts. I should try to find one and post a picture. I can't remember the website used for the shirts - something ending or beginning with press I believe. I will ask Wendy - disneymagic316 she has a better memory than me. On the back - all of our screennames were printed on it too. They were neat.

Do you mean cafepress? http://www.cafepress.com/

Besides oodles of their own art... they do custom stuff too. I used cafepress to find the pirate shirts for my family's surprise Bon Voyage bags I am putting together filled with cool cruise goodies I have been quietly collecting since I booked pixiedust: so far I have squirreled away:

sunglasses, flipflops, custom tervis cups, pirate t's, some Disney bling ...

my kids will be 18 (DS) and 12 (DD) when we cruise, so it requires a bit more creative thought now to make them both squeal like they did when younger and stuffies and sand toys would do the trick. I Can't wait... especially for my own goody bag... not a surprise, but Momma will be good to herself :rotfl2:

I was joking with my son over Christmas that the present pile was so much more impressive when they were both little... then the average present cost $12.99 and came in a huge box ... now the average present costs $129.99 and comes in a little box...

Sweet, nice to see all the fun posts.

Hi all.

It appears that we have to be facebook friends to get you into the closed group.

So come friend me "Aimee Gromowsky" and I will put you in the group.

I will not be offended if you unfriend me or hide me from your feed after you get in the group.

We had a great rowdy FB group last time & it really made the cruise all that more wonderful.

p.s. If someone figures out a way to invite people to a secret facebook group without being friends, let me know.

Welcome to those people who have arrived since my last post :D

After reading the posts about t-shirts and magnets, i thought i'd mention that i created the logo for our last cruise (last summer) which was used on magnets and fe gifts throughout the group. I would be happy to help with this :)

Awww, thanks... I confess, I have never done one, but found out about them when I had booked this cruise and was doing DISresearch... I so wanted to do one I figured the best way to make sure a FE happened for this cruise... was to offer to organize it :)

Do you mean cafepress? http://www.cafepress.com/

Besides oodles of their own art... they do custom stuff too. I used cafepress to find the pirate shirts for my family's surprise Bon Voyage bags I am putting together filled with cool cruise goodies I have been quietly collecting since I booked pixiedust: so far I have squirreled away:

sunglasses, flipflops, custom tervis cups, pirate t's, some Disney bling ...

my kids will be 18 (DS) and 12 (DD) when we cruise, so it requires a bit more creative thought now to make them both squeal like they did when younger and stuffies and sand toys would do the trick. I Can't wait... especially for my own goody bag... not a surprise, but Momma will be good to herself :rotfl2:

I was joking with my son over Christmas that the present pile was so much more impressive when they were both little... then the average present cost $12.99 and came in a huge box ... now the average present costs $129.99 and comes in a little box...

Sweet, nice to see all the fun posts.

Goodie bags are a great idea. I never would have thought of that. I also didn't know about custom Tervis tumblers. We were just talking about taking something with us to refill on board. I am so grateful to be getting all these ideas so early!!!

I have been reading about excursions and it kind of makes my head spin. There are so many posts and opinions on the general boards. Any advice on that topic would be welcome!

Okay - it took me another 10 mins. to post this picture (back). I did not design it. I did not even know how to order it :rolleyes2 someone sent me the link all filled out. Not too computer literate here :worried: Many on the cruise bought it. Just an idea.

xbeeio.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter