• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Hi Everyone! My husband and I just booked this cruise, I would love to join in the fun and join a FE group if there is one that is still open. We just got off the Dream on Monday (1/11) with the kids but it's looking like July will be just us! i hope there's still room.
Welcome! You can be the first family of group 2! We are still 6 months out so I have no doubt more will join. Just post here or PM me your info including room number! :) Excited to have you with us!

Welcome! You can be the first family of group 2! We are still 6 months out so I have no doubt more will join. Just post here or PM me your info including room number! :) Excited to have you with us!
so excited to be part of the new FE group-my husband and I will be sailing. Our cabin #7560. WE do not have any allergies. This will be our 6th cruise (2nd just us) if you have any questions please ask me - never gets old talking disney!

Hi! I am so excited to find this thread! This will be our third cruise with DCL. DH and I sailed on the Magic in 99 for our honeymoon, and again on the Magic for NYE Western Caribbean cruise in Dec 14 with our three daughters who will be 12, 7 and 7 for this upcoming July cruise. It feels like it is getting close! We go the parks every other year (a bit more frequently lately), and did not think we could love anything more, but we were all blown away by how much we LOVED the cruise. The service was so over the top. Our girls cried because they missed our dinner servers for months after. Pong and Jose Luis are legends around here!
After our cruise we plan to stay at the villas at Jambo House at AKL for 3 nights and visit Epcot, MK, and AK.
I just started looking at excursions last night. On our last cruise we swam with Dolphins at Grand Cayman and did a waterpark in Cozumel. Castaway Cay was the hands down favorite experience of the trip. Any suggestions that are must dos for our age children? Someone told me Magens Beach?
I know the alcohol policy changed, and I read on here they are no longer doing the signed character mattes at guest services. So glad we did that last time!
The trickiest thing for us last trip was communicating without cell phones. One of our twins was sick for part of the last cruise so DH and I were splitting up a lot. We started carrying the Wave phones everywhere about halfway through the trip which helped.
I have heard people say to get a cabana at CC. What is that? Where is it? Last trip we hung out on the Family Beach in regular lounge chairs. Is it hard to get a cabana? Thanks!

Hi SuperStarSteph!! :welcome:

I have not started to look at excursions yet, but we've got a great group of knowledgable folks here. They will be most helpful I'm sure!!

When we went on our first cruise, I found Wave phone carriers on Etsy. It was a handmade cloth "holster" of sorts with a hook to hang on your belt loop. That proved very useful for our son to keep track of his phone so I could reach him when he was hanging out at the Edge. I'm sure someone out there is still making them. :)

Glad to have you aboard!!!

Hello and welcome! !! :) ,Happy to have you join in! We had the same experience as you, our first cruise was supposed to be our one and only and everyone loved it so much it's been chosen over the parks twice now!!!!

As for keeping in touch, I've heard they now have a texting feature on the navigator app so that should prove very useful!

As for excursions, this is our first eastern so I don't have any good advice. We are currently thinking of doing the Baths in Tortola and one of the St Johns excursions for the other stop. Someone else probably will have more details for you!

I know cabanas are VERY hard to get and are typically sold out with platinum and gold cruisers. I believe there are some by the family beach and some by serenity.

I can help you Polly! There are 3 families in their traveling party spread into 2 rooms. Initially they were just going to be two different groups but since in Jersey Bernie ' s room there are 2 families they decided to be separate. Often people give a cabin gift, so this way they would each get to take one home!

So...JerseyBernie and her adult son is one group, her adult daughter and grandson , while in the same room, is considered a second group. If one gives a cabin gift you would give to each and they will be doing two separate gifts to give. Does that make sense,? Then her other daughter sweetpng is in a separate cabin all together thus a third group(see #4on the list).

So 8 people over 2 rooms, 3 separate groups. Does that make sense?

No :( No it doesn't! I think it's because what the 'official' FE list shows for her rooms is different from her post that I quoted. It really does look like just 4 people, but you say it's 8 people?
Also, cabin gifts? Please tell me about that! I had planned to put little gifts in each persons' individual pockets in their hanging thingies?!? :) Should I not do this? Where would I leave a cabin gift? Would I do that instead of small things? What kinds of things are cabin gifts?
Sorry, I want to make sure I get it all right! :)
Polly xxxx

Oh, and hello newcomers!! I had been wondering about the excursions and cabanas also - we took a trip last year to Wilderness at the Smokies which is a water park resort, and we rented a cabana for two days - it was lovely to have a place in the shade to rest, and our own loungers, along with waitress service, but I also felt like if we weren't in the cabana for an hour or two or three, we were wasting valuable dollars! So unless they are something spectacular, I don't think i'm bothered about them. I was thinking of taking some kind of beach shade thought, I wonder if I can carry one on board?
Meanwhile... does anyone know if July cruises are noticeably more crowded than other times? I know cruising can be different to regular park stays in that regard so I was curious!

No :( No it doesn't! I think it's because what the 'official' FE list shows for her rooms is different from her post that I quoted. It really does look like just 4 people, but you say it's 8 people?
Also, cabin gifts? Please tell me about that! I had planned to put little gifts in each persons' individual pockets in their hanging thingies?!? :) Should I not do this? Where would I leave a cabin gift? Would I do that instead of small things? What kinds of things are cabin gifts?
Sorry, I want to make sure I get it all right! :)
Polly xxxx
Looking at my fish extender list
#2 is jersey bernie and her adult son
#3 in the same cabin is her daughter and grandson
#4 is jersey Bernie ' s other daughter, son in law and 2 grandkids.

So yes 8 people in 2 rooms. #4 is listed under sweetpng instead of jersey Bernie because her other daughter posted on the thread.

If you follow the official list you will not miss anyone I promise!

As for cabin gifts...it's up to you. Many of us choose to do an individual gift for each person. Some choose just one gift for the whole cabin and out it in the parent pocket...one cruise we got candy and magnets and pirate stuff for all of us instead of individual gifts from one cabin. That's fine too...you do whichever you prefer, one or the other. Totally your choice! Hope that helps!

Has anyone done swimming with the dolphins in Tortola? Ive always wanted to actually swim and ride with the dolphins and thats one of the excursions I want to do but I want to make sure its actually swimming with the dolphins and not just wading in a pool and playing with them

since i am the only one in my FE group - if no one else joins can you fit me into the 10? just starting to get ideas ready so i can plan how many i need to start making...

Welcome to the new folks. Shared a pick of a cabana layout for those wondering. They are booked at the 120 day mark between concierge and platinum level guests. We have had one 3 or 4 times now and we enjoy it. Less crowded, fresh water shower, own hammock, place to eat lunch with just the family. Includes snorkel rental equipment, bike rental and floats and tubes along with stocked fridge of soda, water, cold towels, fresh fruit, towlels and concierge service team taking care of you.
We have not done the eastern itinerary before so nothing first hand to offer other than what we are gonna do, castaway catamaran sail & snorkel at shipwreck cove in St Thomas and gonna do Josh Van Dyke beach day at white bay beach in Tortola. We love snorkeling and hanging at the beach as white bay has several bars right on the beach for a beverage and lunch including the Soggy Dollar Bar. We don't have young kids as our party has all over 19.
I have read and heard the baths tour on Tortola is something to see but that it is a pretty serious hike / climb and that just didn't sound vacation for us. I am personally not a fan of major nicking, zip lining, etc type things in another country as I can't get the "what if someone gets hurt in a foreign country" out of my head. I know swimming in the ocean has risks, and I am sure things like the baths are safe we just prefer DCL workouts to be a walk / jog around deck 4.
Also for those that wonder if they should book excursions on there own and not through DCL to save some money we have always booked ours through DCL as they screen these excursions / sanction them plus if there is a timing issue getting back to the pier DCL is gonna wait for folks who booked through them. Hope some of this helps.

since i am the only one in my FE group - if no one else joins can you fit me into the 10? just starting to get ideas ready so i can plan how many i need to start making...
I promise you more will join in don't worry!!! :) my last cruise we combined 3 months out and then ended up starting another list because a bunch more joined. If for some reason no one does we won't leave you out! ;)

Has anyone done swimming with the dolphins in Tortola? Ive always wanted to actually swim and ride with the dolphins and thats one of the excursions I want to do but I want to make sure its actually swimming with the dolphins and not just wading in a pool and playing with them
We haven't in Tortola but did in Cozumel last year. They had a dolphin interaction which was just a play with them my younger dd and I did as well as a dolphin swim my DH and older kids did. Just read the info and you should be able to tell what they offer for sure. I believe there were 2 or 3 levels in cozumel. It was definitely a cool experience!

Hi there! We just booked our cruise yesterday! We are so excited and would love to do the fish extender. I wasn't sure what it was, but after looking it up, it sounds so amazing. This is my 3rd Disney cruise, but my first two were in 01 and 02. This will be my dh and boys first Disney cruise. Traveling are myself, hubby, ds 7, ds 5

Would love to get to know people we can meet up with and it would be so cool for the boys to already have "friends" on board.

Oh and my ds7 has celiac so is gluten free.

Can't wait

Naomi

Hi there! We just booked our cruise yesterday! We are so excited and would love to do the fish extender. I wasn't sure what it was, but after looking it up, it sounds so amazing. This is my 3rd Disney cruise, but my first two were in 01 and 02. This will be my dh and boys first Disney cruise. Traveling are myself, hubby, ds 7, ds 5

Would love to get to know people we can meet up with and it would be so cool for the boys to already have "friends" on board.

Can't wait

Naomi

WoooHooo! Glad to have you all!!!! :welcome:

The fish extender is so much fun. You come back to your cabin and there are presents waiting for you -- very cool!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait

Naomi

Welcome! So happy to have you!! If you would post your cabin number I would love to add you to the fish extender!!!!! Your boys will have a blast! Such fun ages!

Last edited:
Welcome Naomi!

This is a good opportunity to give a shout out to everyone else too actually! I am terrible at remembering the real names and details that go along with the forum names, but i'm going to try and remember! I'm Polly, my husband is Doug, and we are going to be on the cruise with a party of 12 family members but our 2 rooms will be us, Toby who is turning 15 2 days before we sail, Oliver who is 10, Alexis who is 14 and Josie who will turn 4 the day before the cruise! My boys and I are from England, and the other people in our big group are my English family :) I moved to the U.S 5 years ago to marry Doug, (Alexis is from his first marriage) and we have Josie between us, so we are a big blended family lol!
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here better, and if anyone wants to meet up for a drink and a hello, or a kiddo play date on the ship, that would be great too!

Polly xxxx

Thank you for the warm welcome! The boys are counting the days which as of yesterday was 175 days, to which Bryson the 5 year old says " mommy that is a long time, like 100 years!"LOL not quite, but close enough little one.

Our cabin number is 6104.

So a little advice, I'm not very crafty so making an extender is out of the question. What's the best place to get one? Etsy?

Naomi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter