July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

IndyMouseFan

Earning My Ears
Hello to fellow ship-mates! :welcome:

My family is so excited to be returning to a Disney Cruise. We did 4 days on the Dream a couple of years ago and decided it was The BEST. Vacation. Ever!!! On our last cruise, we met several folks ahead of time here on the trip "thread" -- in fact, my son has stayed in touch with a couple of friends he made.

So, join the conversation and let's count down the days together. At this moment, we have 455 days until we leave.
I'm hoping there are some folks who'd like to do FE's. That was a blast! pixiedust:

(By the way, I've never started a thread before -- I sure hope I'm doing this right!) :rolleyes:

Ruth

Hello Ruth! So excited to see a meet thread! I'm guessing you mean July 16 though yes? If so we are also booked on this cruise!

We are a family of 6 and next summer kids will be DD14, DS 11, DS 8 and DD 5. We are from Iowa. This will be our third cruise...we did the Dream in June 2013 and just did the Magic March 2015. Both were such wonderful trips we couldn't wait to go again so rebooked and settled on this week!

We will definitely be in for fish extender exchange and are SO excited to check out the Fantasy and the Eastern ports!

FISH EXTENDER LISTS-(CLOSED)
Please PM me or post on the thread if you would like to join a FE group!! I need to know cabin number and who is in the cabin including age and gender of children. Please also note any allergies or special occasions. We will limit to 10 families per group to keep lists and gift giving manageable with travel. If you have more than one cabin, let us know if each cabin will have its own FE (and give its own gift) or just one to share. We will close lists as we hit 10 families. If you would like to join more than one list, you are totally welcome to do that! Rules are otherwise open, you can give a cabin gift or one per person and can deliver any day of your choice during the cruise(one time). Finally if your plans change and you will no longer be cruising or doing FE please post or PM asap so we can remove you and keep lists accurate! Thank you!

****FISH EXTENDER LISTS ARE NOW CLOSED!!!

Group 1 Mickey (FULL)
Disneykitties -6560- DH and DW (honeymoon )
2. Jennifer Crunelle -7062- DH, DW, DS7, DD5(birthday!)-Peanut, egg and tomato allergies(kids)
3. Nerosfamily -7580- DH, DW, DD16, DD14 (birthday!)
4. Madzac -7514/7516(one FE)- DH, DW, DD14, DS11, DS8, DD5
5. IndyMouseFan -7512- DW, DH, DS15
6. Pollybrit -9044/9046(one FE)- DH, DW, DS15 (birthday), DS10, DD4(birthday)
7. Disneywells -9122- DH, DW, DD14, DS 10
8. Sweetpng -9162- DW, DH, DS12, DD9
9. JerseyBernie -9652- Mom, DS(adult)
10. JerseyBernie family -also 9652 but separate FE- DD(adult), DS7

Group 2 Minnie (FULL)
Ndejesus77 -6104- DH, DW, DS7 (gluten allergy), DS5
2. Cinderoni -7188- DH, DW, DD12, DD10
3. Disneycrazy43 -7560- DW, DH
4. IndyMouseFan -7512- DW, DH, DS15
5. DisneyLAT- 8502- DH, DW, DD3
6. TBZimmer family -9062- Grandma, Grandpa, DD8
7. TBZimmer -9064- DH, DW, DS8
8. DisneyMom2Many -9096/9098/9101(one FE)- DH, DW, DD23, DS16, DD13, DS10(peanut and shrimp allergy), DS8, DD3, DS1
9. Cmsb -9578- DH, DW, DS9, DS7
10. Teacher7grade -9554- DH, DW(tree nut allergy),DS5

Group 3 Donald (FULL)
Gayla McIntire -6620- DH, DW, DS12, DS8
2. BeccaHall8 -7018- DH, DW, DS13, DD10
3. Lolowe -7029- DH, DW, DD6
4. Sdrunner -7034- DH, DW, DD10, DS8
5. Urusaiko -7128- DH, DW, DS10, DS7
6. CathyMRS - 8018- DH,DW, DD2
7. Mamalissa -9622- DH, DW, DD13, DD11
8. Erinmei family -10660- DH, DW, DS3,DD1
9. Erinmei family -10662- DH, DW, DD10, DS8, DS5
10. Erinmei -10664- DH, DW, DD4, DD2

Group 4 Daisy. (FULL)
Spudsmom94 -6018- DH, DW, DS14, DD10
2. Jockish familya9 -6044- DW, DH, DD6, DD3
3. Lusby305 -6678- DH, DW, DD15, DNephew2
4. Cheframatici -7086- DH, DW, DD11(peanut allergy), DD8
5. HeatherMR62 -7096- DW, DD13, Grandma, Grandpa
6. MichelleGray -7680- Mom, DS12 ,DS14- no gluten, peanuts, dairy
7. DCLSummerof16 -8180/8182(One FE)- DH, DW, DD19, DD17, DS14(gluten free)
8. Sahota family -9042- DH, DW
9. Clancy family -9048- DH, DW, DD14, DD11
10. Cruising Eve -9142- DH, DW, DMother, DS6

PIXIE DUST LIST- (latecomers)(Closed)
Kickingpixie - 2523 - DH, DW honeymoon (no peanuts)
2. Cdnewton- 5526- DH, DW, DS6
3. Kona Ice Kids-7634-DH, DW, DD18, DS9, DS6
4. RL Gutz -8528/8530- DH, DW, DS16, DS10, DD8

Last edited:
Oh Goodness -- I fixed the typo in the title!

It's great to meet you -- I'll look forward to planning together!! :wave:

Hi!

We are super excited for the cruise next summer! It will be myself, my husband, DS 8, and DS 5 (although they will be 7 and 9 when we go) in one cabin. My parents will be sailing with us in another cabin. We sailed on the Fantasy to the Western Caribbean last summer and loved it. I look forward to getting to know everyone over the next year! :earsboy:

Welcome cmsb! Looking forward to chatting. It will be nice to have someone who has been on the Fantasy before tell us all the not miss things! Can't wait!

Yes, welcome cmsb! So glad to have you along :)

I can't wait to experience a cruise on the Fantasy. While we're dreaming about it and counting down -- tell us, what was your favorite thing on your cruise?

We really loved the Fantasy! We are even staying in the same cabins that we stayed in last time. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. :)

There was so much about the cruise that we enjoyed! Since we have only been on the Fantasy, I'm not sure what it has that the other ships don't. My boys loved the Aquaduck (so did I) and the shows, especially Aladdin. I loved all of the Disney touches, like randomly seeing the characters throughout the ship, having the movies on demand in the room, etc. I've always been a Disney fan, so that was really neat for me. One of my favorite activities was the Mid-Ship Detective Agency. It was really neat seeing all of the paintings come to life as we tried to solve the mystery on the ship. I wish we had done it earlier in the week so that we could have done all 3.

I have done the Western ports before, but I haven't done Eastern Caribbean. Have either of you? I'm especially interested in Tortola since it is a new port.

We did 4 days on the Dream -- so only Nassau and Castaway Cay as places we visited. I, too, am looking forward to Tortola -- and duty-free shopping in St. Thomas (I think I read that somewhere). There's a Mid-Ship Detective agency adventure on the Dream -- we did it as a family and had a blast. Well, now that I think about it, we had a blast doing the entire cruise -- which is why we're going again! :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm really pretty ridiculous in my countdowns -- but just in case you're curious -- it's 448 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes until the big day... :hourglass

Have a great weekend!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who already has a countdown! !! My family thinks I'm nuts!

We've done the Dream and Magic. We didn't have time for the detective agency so hoping to try that this time around.

We've done Nassau and the Western ports as well so Eastern will be new for us too. I've already started reading about excursions. ;)

Hello all! We will be on this cruise as well! We will be sailing with 5 other families celebrating our daughters' 10th China Reunion! We are a family of 4... our daughter will be 10 and our son will be 7 at the time of sail next summer. Next summer will be our 7th DCL cruise. This summer we are cruising on the Magic from Dover, England to Barcelona, Spain!
I can't wait for another sunny Caribbean cruise!

Hello Dizney73 -- welcome to our "crew"! :sail: We're glad to have you along!!

Your trip this summer sounds spectacular. I'll be anxious to hear all about it while we count down to next summer.

Hope everyone has a great week!! :sunny:

YEA -- more folks to welcome! Hi Nannylee -- we're glad you're coming along!!! :cheer2:

Hope everyone is having a great week -- by the way, according to my countdown clock, it's only 417 more days :thumbsup2

Welcome to the new folks! Excited to get to know you over the year plus... can't wait til we hit that one year mark. It seems do far away still!

My kids have 5 more days of school to go and the dance rehearsals and recitals and summer and all its craziness can begin!

We're Booked! This is my First Disney Cruise......Can't Wait!! I’m sailing with my DS, 2 DDs and my 3 Grands!! I’m so excited to start chatting with everyone and sharing in the excitement over the next year.

Definitely want to join in on the FE Fun, but I didn’t see an FE Roster started yet, so here our details so we can be included:

2 Staterooms
My Stateroom (2 Families) (#9652) - Family #1 - Me (60), My DS (27) Family #2 - My DD (36), and My DGS (7)
My DD's Stateroom (#9162) – My DD (40), Her DH (42), Her DS (12) and Her DD (10)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard JerseyBernie!! :welcome: We're glad to have you aboard!!! You're going to have a great time -- our first Disney cruise was our Best. Vacation. Ever!!

We haven't started an FE roster yet -- you'll be the first one on the list! Does anyone want to be the keeper of the spreadsheet? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter