J's Wish Trip Dream Factory/GKTW October 1st-7th 2010

Look at you with all of that mulitquoting! :)

Very cool! I hope you guys are able to do MNSSHP, if you want. :)

I think I have some links that describe it with some pictures in Lauren's TR (pink link below)

Have you found any restaurants that tht family can eat at yet?

My 2 cents....try, try to make to MNSSHP. We LOVED it! I was not sure about it, because it is kind of pricey (and even cast members did not get much of a discount..in our case...NONE!), but we decided to do it because, one person in our party really wanted an opportunity to meet the villans. It was worth it for her to do that. We had a blast trick or treating (youngest in our party was 14 at the time) and there were lots of unique photo opportunities. And the parade!!!! Oh my gosh! That was AWESOME! The grave diggers are the best part!!!

Lynn

You do get 2 Universals, but one is for Universal and the other is to get in Island of Adventure....which is the sister park to Universal. They are right by each other, but 2 different parks. Which are for a single day.

Look at you with all of that mulitquoting! :)

Very cool! I hope you guys are able to do MNSSHP, if you want. :)

I think I have some links that describe it with some pictures in Lauren's TR (pink link below)

Thanks for the schedule info earlier, I had a chance to take a peak at WDW schedule and made changes accordingly :) I'll post the new itin in a bit here :)

Have you found any restaurants that tht family can eat at yet?

My 2 cents....try, try to make to MNSSHP. We LOVED it! I was not sure about it, because it is kind of pricey (and even cast members did not get much of a discount..in our case...NONE!), but we decided to do it because, one person in our party really wanted an opportunity to meet the villans. It was worth it for her to do that. We had a blast trick or treating (youngest in our party was 14 at the time) and there were lots of unique photo opportunities. And the parade!!!! Oh my gosh! That was AWESOME! The grave diggers are the best part!!!

Lynn
We have looked through almost every menu hehehe and where we want to stay out late at Magic Kingdom we are looking at PECOS BILL
TALL TALE INN AND CAFE, burgers are always a safe bet for my DS and DH and my DD and I can always grab the salad or wrap etc so YAY finally something everyone can have , Thanks so much for tossing that info counter service sounds just fine by me :)

It is a definate goal and we have added a day to go to it october 6th day before we leave :) we'll buy tickets when we are there though in case things change while we are there, i'm going to try and pack something lil for a costume for kiddo's they won't get all dressed up but i think i will be able to talk them into a t-shirt or such. I was seeing in PTR's and Tr's people have thing1 and thing2 shirts etc.. i'm going to try and see if i can have a couple of those made for DS and DH LOL that will get my DD laughing and i'll toss a crown on my DD and a shirt that says a princess doesn't need a costume and well me not so sure yet but i'm creative enough to toss something together on a whim... Maybe I will just go the old groaner way with a shirt that says "What? I;m already in my costume!" :lmao:

You do get 2 Universals, but one is for Universal and the other is to get in Island of Adventure....which is the sister park to Universal. They are right by each other, but 2 different parks. Which are for a single day.

I seperated the 2 days out :rotfl: this shows just how much of a newbie I am lol, but YAY for all of you guys, at least I will have ability to go down with some knowledge vs 100% lost :grouphug:

Ok here is the updated sched. I'm sure i'll be tweaking it many times over! hehe But! if any of you still see something that I may have missed or have wrong let me know again cause it's sooo helpful :goodvibes:grouphug:

Thursday September 30th – 5pm leave for Boston/stay the night

Friday October 1st – fly out from Boston to Miami to Orlando/arrive at gktw enjoy the evening
I'm still giggling at the idea we will be flying beyond orlando.. getting off a plane in miami just to hop back onto a plane and go back back to our rule !!!! Go with the flow

Saturday October 2nd Breakfast at GKTW
Head to Animal Kingdom until about 2ish
Head to Hollywood Studios at about 2ish stay till 6ish
Head back to GKTW for supper and wish flight party (This day may change once we know schedule at gktw but I wanted to have a tentative)
Must Do's:
Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids !!!! all of us want this
Primeval whirl DS and DD ( after watching video and hearing the alternate nickname I am unsure)
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Habitat Habit
Hollywood Studio's
Star Tours (if open)
Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set adventure
Tower of Terror

Sunday October 3rd
Breakfast at GKTW -
Head off to Universal Island of adventure/ Harry Potter
Be back by 5ish hopefully to get a chance to go on date
Must Do's:
See the shop where you buy wands kiddo's Must !
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Kids are more interested in just being there and looking around more than anything so rides will be as they see them :)

LOL ok if we can we will do MNSSHP this day

Monday October 4thBreakfast at GKTW hang out at gktw relax until about 11ish
Head to Magic Kingdom – since they are extending the light parade we will stay for that and for fireworks – buy a supper to go someplace
Must Do's:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion !! we all want this YAY
Dumbo the flying elephant (LOL um yeah this was my choice)
Mad Tea Party
Since the electric parade has been extended we must see !!

Tuesday October 5th
Breakfast at GKTW – Character Photo 8:30ish
Head off to Universal Studio for the day
back at gktw by 6ish have supper
enjoy the evening in / Family Fun Night
Hopefully do the star / Pillow
Must Do's:
Jaws !!!! we all want this one hehehe
Shrek 4d ( if jaws and Shrek 4d are accomplished this day then life is great, anything else is bonus)
Disaster
Twister

Wednesday October 6th
Breakfast at GKTW
Head off to Epcot
Supper at GKTW
Go pack for morning then enjoy the evening at GKTW
Must Do's:
Test Track
Soarin we all want this one !!!! YAY
Imagination Pavilion kids are beyond excited for this one :))

Thursday October 7th -
Breakfast at GKTW
Check Out
Hopefully if have late flight head off to Sea World for a couple hours
Hope to do:Shark Encounter – If we get to see this alone then it's worth it at Sea World
Head to airport – Fly into Boston to stay night

Friday October 8th -
Arrive Home

I was looking at the calendar based on Maroo's response above and I'm not sure I understand your Oct. 3rd day. You are saying the lighted parade is extended, but the caledar has MK closing at 7pm b/c of the MNSSHP. So if you want to stay late you would need the MNSSHP tickets. I'm new, but that is the way I understand it. Please someone correct me if that is wrong. Do they start to kick people out at 7pm??? (I've never been there) To see the parade and wishes on the 3rd you would need those special tickets???? I think.:confused:

If you are looking to maybe going to MNSSHP on the 6th then maybe you can switch your Sunday and Monday. On Monday Oct. 4th MK is open until 10pm with the electrical parade at 9pm and wishes at 10pm. That is according to the calendar on the disney site.

I hope that helps. Please confirm this w/ someone b/c I'm not an expert and have never been to disney.

I was looking at the calendar based on Maroo's response above and I'm not sure I understand your Oct. 3rd day. You are saying the lighted parade is extended, but the caledar has MK closing at 7pm b/c of the MNSSHP. So if you want to stay late you would need the MNSSHP tickets. I'm new, but that is the way I understand it. Please someone correct me if that is wrong. Do they start to kick people out at 7pm??? (I've never been there) To see the parade and wishes on the 3rd you would need those special tickets???? I think.:confused:

If you are looking to maybe going to MNSSHP on the 6th then maybe you can switch your Sunday and Monday. On Monday Oct. 4th MK is open until 10pm with the electrical parade at 9pm and wishes at 10pm. That is according to the calendar on the disney site.

I hope that helps. Please confirm this w/ someone b/c I'm not an expert and have never been to disney.

Ya know your right, when I find the spot I was looking at that had FW and parade schedule along with park sched I will post it to show why I am having so much confusion.

!!!! I kid you not I am getting blonder by the day... :lmao:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/oct10.cfm?requesttimeout=1000

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/octfw10.cfm

OK I now know what I was doing wrong, I was confusing the electric parade with illuminations.. so TBH atm I'm not sure if sched is right at all hahaha

I did swap some things around and will double check everything tomorrow
luckily we have no real prefrences in what day we do what, DS(wish kiddo) says he doesn't mind which days we do disney and which days we do universal because he is excited about both as long as he gets a chance to get to a few rides and see the imaginations pavillion

I will continue to remind myself to ... Goooo with the flow :hippie:
all else we will have some wicked good laughs cause as a rule of thumb this irish family sure does keep murphys law alive and well.. what can go wrong will and for that we will just laugh :}

LOL and now i need to figure out if you can have tickets to MNSSHP to use by itself or if your suppose to use it to extend a ticket that your already using .. because that will also change the days we do what on hahaha

Someone on here said that Honey I shrunk the Audience is no longer playing at WDW. It's the Michael Jacksons 3D show. Sorry I forgot the name. I know Disneyland did the same.

"Honey I Shrunk the Audience", the 3D movie, is no longer showing at the Imagination Pavilion in EPCOT. It is now Captain EO starring Michael Jackson. There is a playground in Studios called "Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set". It is a playground...be sure to stick your hand in the dog's nose and listen!:rotfl:

Lynn

Bless your heart! Those calendars are confusing!

When you post your new schedule, make sure I look at it. I can be spacey and miss the post altogether. And I will double check it against the DIS schedule and Tour Guide Mike and make sure we are not missing anything.

Actually, I think this must have changed. We just got our info. We're getting two day two park hoppers for Universal so we can hop from park to park on the same day.

Hi! Just had a quick look at your must do list. You didn't include Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios. Its one of the best rides there and really popular. Just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't heard about it.

Oh wait...I see you have that down at Disney MGM. Is this different? I don't remember this.

Don't think it's different but since I am a definate newbie I honestly dunno :rotfl2:

"Honey I Shrunk the Audience", the 3D movie, is no longer showing at the Imagination Pavilion in EPCOT. It is now Captain EO starring Michael Jackson. There is a playground in Studios called "Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set". It is a playground...be sure to stick your hand in the dog's nose and listen!:rotfl:

Lynn

We were wanting the playground not the show :lmao: cause DD and I thought it would make some really awesome picture opportunities and nowwww since DS and DD said there was no way they were sicking thier hand in a dogs nose I will !!!!! curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction is the only way to bring it back :lmao:

Bless your heart! Those calendars are confusing!

When you post your new schedule, make sure I look at it. I can be spacey and miss the post altogether. And I will double check it against the DIS schedule and Tour Guide Mike and make sure we are not missing anything.

TY Maroo !! lol seems we do need help on this haha, I guess my biggest worry is we will have something listed that can not be done and have kiddos be dissapointed about it, we dont mind changing things etc and going with the flow I just dont want kiddos dissapointed by me saying Oh yes it's definatly there and then oops my bad it's not kinda thing :hug:

Actually, I think this must have changed. We just got our info. We're getting two day two park hoppers for Universal so we can hop from park to park on the same day.
!! Really ??? Oh I hope so that would be sooo awesome less worry on being in the wrong spot at wrong time kinda thing

Hi! Just had a quick look at your must do list. You didn't include Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios. Its one of the best rides there and really popular. Just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't heard about it.
um Nope I have not heard of it soo I will go look it up :thumbsup2 thanks !!

Woot see this multiquoting thing has come in handy hehehehe i wil laugh for weeks at all those posts Maroo and others !!! and TY for that I love to laugh :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

OK I do beleive that I might have this correct now. I hope LOL
So this would be an updated Itin

Thursday September 30th – 5pm leave for Boston/stay the night

Friday October 1st – fly out from Boston to Miami to Orlando/arrive at gktw enjoy the evening
I'm still giggling at the idea we will be flying beyond orlando.. getting off a plane in miami just to hop back onto a plane and go back back to our rule !!!! Go with the flow

Saturday October 2nd -
Breakfast at GKTW
Head to Animal Kingdom until about 2ish
Head to Hollywood Studios at about 2ish stay till 6ish
Head back to GKTW for supper and wish flight party (This day may change once we know schedule at gktw but I wanted to have a tentative)
Must Do's:
Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids !!!! all of us want this
Primeval whirl DS and DD ( after watching video and hearing the alternate nickname I am unsure)
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Habitat Habit
Hollywood Studio's
Star Tours (if open)
Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set adventure
Tower of Terror

Sunday October 3rd
Breakfast at GKTW -
Head off to Universal Island of adventure/ Harry Potter
Be back by 5ish hopefully to get a chance to go on date (we will skip this if we can go to MNSSHP)
Must Do's:
See the shop where you buy wands kiddo's Must !
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Kids are more interested in just being there and looking around more than anything so rides will be as they see them

LOL ok if we can we will do MNSSHP this day as a seperate ticket item if thats possible

Monday October 4th
Breakfast at GKTW hang out at gktw relax until about 11ish
Head to Magic Kingdom – since they are extending the light parade we will stay for that and for fireworks – buy a supper to go someplace
Must Do's:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion !! we all want this YAY
Dumbo the flying elephant (LOL um yeah this was my choice)
Mad Tea Party
Since the electric parade has been extended we must see !!

Tuesday October 5th
Breakfast at GKTW – Character Photo 8:30ish
Head off to Universal Studio for the day
back at gktw by 6ish have supper
enjoy the evening in / Family Fun Night
Hopefully do the star / Pillow
Must Do's:
Jaws !!!! we all want this one hehehe
Shrek 4d ( if jaws and Shrek 4d are accomplished this day then life is great, anything else is bonus)
Disaster
Twister

Wednesday October 6th
Breakfast at GKTW
Head off to Epcot
Supper at GKTW
Go pack for morning then enjoy the evening at GKTW
Must Do's:
Test Track
Soarin we all want this one !!!! YAY
Imagination Pavilion kids are beyond excited for this one )

Thursday October 7th -
Breakfast at GKTW
Check Out
Hopefully if have late flight head off to Sea World for a few hours
Hope to do:
Shark Encounter – If we get to see this alone then it's worth it at Sea World
Head to airport – Fly into Boston to stay night

Friday October 8th -
Arrive Home

Looks good to me.... this coming from the person who has not looked at a schedule at all! :lmao: I would def take that vacation - in a heart beat!! (you can throw me in your luggage!!! :goodvibes)

I noticed the MNSSHP thing too... but Maroo beat me to it as usual.... so I just didn't respond at all instead. lol. It's been a long 2 days! Both kiddos home for right now and both want full attention. I can only do so much.

I haven't been to the restaurant you picked out. You'll have to let me know how it is. I want to try to hit Disney for a day when we go to Universal, but I dunno. It's an expensive one day trip there! It's be easier to do a one day universal on a Disney trip- cheaper too.... but DD wants the Harry Potter trip.... so I dunno. :confused3

Be careful of the ant at Honey I shrunk the kids playground. It attacked Steven.;) He slid off the ant and hit his chin and bite his cheek pretty good. He had a nice boo boo.

Sounds like a great plan! What is the wish flight party at GKTW? Is that something new? I have never heard of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter