J's Wish Trip Dream Factory/GKTW October 1st-7th 2010

To be honest I am still confused on all this myself, I know my sons wish granter was VERY Excited said its an amazing opportunity and is like a party other than that there is not much I can say about it , We are in the dark and think thats how they want to keep it atm, I did see a video looks quite exciting online about it from the gktw site, so for now I guess info on that will have to be in my TR, sorry I couldn't answer:confused3

I'll be waiting to hear all about it.

So as far as planning goes we do have one partic day scheduled LOL Sugar Ray will be in Epcot on October 6th for the international food and wine event, since the concerts are included in regular admission we really want to see that :) If even for one song lol he is an artist kiddos and I would dance around to while cleaning house together :rotfl: lol so 3 days are planned !

October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 -

October 3 -

October 4 -

October 5 -

October 6 - Epcot

October 7 - Sea World if time permitted - travel home that evening

well it's a start LOL

It's a start...lol

Hey there! I'm getting caught up to everyones ptr's :goodvibes. The WISH flight sounds so cool. I hope there is alot going on to take your mind off the flight. I had heard of it on here but other then that I dont know anything about it. I can't wait to read your tr though:)

So as far as planning goes we do have one partic day scheduled LOL Sugar Ray will be in Epcot on October 6th for the international food and wine event, since the concerts are included in regular admission we really want to see that :) If even for one song lol he is an artist kiddos and I would dance around to while cleaning house together :rotfl: lol so 3 days are planned !

You may want to ask at guest relations what time you should be back at the American Gardens theater for the concert...sometimes these can get a little crowded...if nothing else, you will be able to hear it if you are anywhere near it! Are you all planning on trying any of the food kiosks at Food & Wine Fest...last trip I went during this time and my gosh, I think we tried just about everything! Most we liked, some we didn't, but it was all interesting!

Lynn

You may want to ask at guest relations what time you should be back at the American Gardens theater for the concert...sometimes these can get a little crowded...if nothing else, you will be able to hear it if you are anywhere near it! Are you all planning on trying any of the food kiosks at Food & Wine Fest...last trip I went during this time and my gosh, I think we tried just about everything! Most we liked, some we didn't, but it was all interesting!

Lynn

Good Idea on asking Guest Relations , will definatly have to do that and i doubt we will taste test the foods because both kiddos have so many diet restrictions , DH and I tend to eat same way kiddos do just to make life easier but it is not ruled out :)

I am so sorry! I forgot about the diet restrictions!

Lynn

Hello...late joining the ptr party but I'm here now!!!!!!
I've read thru most of your replies and didn't see an answer to a couple of things so I'll try to help.
I promise I'm trying to get my pics in order to start my TR lol

I saw where DD wants to do pick a pearl.......I highly suggest it!!!! It's actually one of Lauren's fave moments. We did Lauren's at this shop across from the Yakatori restaurant...this is in the World Pavilion at Epcot. Once you go in-it's easy to spot the counter (tons of oysters lol). The girls that work there are AWESOME. You pick an oyster, then they open it for you, size it, bang on this drum thing and sing a little song....so so so cute. They just loved Lauren so I had to get a pic!

Don't sweat missing the Christmas party too much. I'm not saying it's not great or anything like that at all. The best advice I can give you (that I got here too!) is to just go with the flow. Plans get changed no matter how hard you try for them not to....just be happy and go with it! I say this because.............Winter Wonderland at GKTW was one of the things I personally was most excited about. I had seen pics here and read stories etc. But our Thursday (Winter Wonderland day) just like all the days we were there (pretty much) just as it's time to start the bottom fell out. So there wasn't any street stuff going on like I had read about....no snow :( no little parade, etc. It did let up tho and a few characters (the mayor, gingerbread man, snow princess) were out and about in front of the Safari Theater. Inside was Santa (but Lauren was not having that), and of course she got to choose a present which they had quite a bit of great stuff to choose from. So all in all in my opinion don't worry too much about missing it. This place is so amazing and there is constantly stuff going on.....missing a thing or two there doesn't compare to what you will take in......hope that makes sense.

I hope the kiddos get and stay well and you keep having a blast planning!!!!!!! I'll be reading!!!

I've read thru most of your replies and didn't see an answer to a couple of things so I'll try to help.

I saw where DD wants to do pick a pearl.......I highly suggest it!!!! It's actually one of Lauren's fave moments. We did Lauren's at this shop across from the Yakatori restaurant...this is in the World Pavilion at Epcot. Once you go in-it's easy to spot the counter (tons of oysters lol). The girls that work there are AWESOME. You pick an oyster, then they open it for you, size it, bang on this drum thing and sing a little song....so so so cute. They just loved Lauren so I had to get a pic!

Don't sweat missing the Christmas party too much. I'm not saying it's not great or anything like that at all. The best advice I can give you (that I got here too!) is to just go with the flow. Plans get changed no matter how hard you try for them not to....just be happy and go with it! I say this because.............Winter Wonderland at GKTW was one of the things I personally was most excited about. I had seen pics here and read stories etc. But our Thursday (Winter Wonderland day) just like all the days we were there (pretty much) just as it's time to start the bottom fell out. So there wasn't any street stuff going on like I had read about....no snow :( no little parade, etc. It did let up tho and a few characters (the mayor, gingerbread man, snow princess) were out and about in front of the Safari Theater. Inside was Santa (but Lauren was not having that), and of course she got to choose a present which they had quite a bit of great stuff to choose from. So all in all in my opinion don't worry too much about missing it. This place is so amazing and there is constantly stuff going on.....missing a thing or two there doesn't compare to what you will take in......hope that makes sense.

I hope the kiddos get and stay well and you keep having a blast planning!!!!!!! I'll be reading!!!

100% agree with this. ;)

We got to GKTW just in time to eat something really fast and to see Santa. We missed all the other stuff.

Well It's been a busy few days:laundy: I actually Missed the DisBoard !!! :grouphug: My goodness I think I am becoming addicted :lmao: Anyways, DS and DD have decided what days we hope to do what, with the idea that plans could always change because our #1 rule will be to go with the flow :hippie:

October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 - Animal Kingdom

October 3 - Magic kingdom

October 4 - harry potter world

October 5 - Universal

October 6 - Epcot

Whichever day at disney we have time for the hollywood studio's we will fit that in, So far our guess will be animal kingdom day. If we have enough funds we will add in the not so scary halloween but again thats also flexible.. LOL all else our TR will stay a surprise :crazy:

We did find out that we will definatly be leaving the day prior to flying so tech we will be leaving on thursday the 30th and getting back home on the
8th :) We do not mind this at all because... well, even the trip to get to the airport is a trip within itself :rotfl: and that also allows us to take the latest flight out as possible on that last day which we now hope we can go to seaworld on crossing fingers for that one since we will not know flight times till near the last minute due to the wishflight.

We did decide not to do an adr definatly now, however i do have a question for someone thats been to gktw. Is it possible to get a lunch to go for the day or do you need to go back to eat there on premises, curious because if we can get sandwhiches to go then that wouldbe nice too picnic somewhere in the parks themselves, and if not, does the Walmart near gktw have food items like sandwhich meat bread etc? I know not all walmarts carry that stuff

We got to GKTW just in time to eat something really fast and to see Santa. We missed all the other stuff.

Oh thats cool you got to see santa :), we have crossed that off our list all together in hopes we have a late flight to add seaworld in soooo we are crossing fingers hoping for that

Thanks for the pearl info , we have decided that we will 100% do so in epcot where seaworld is up in air good to know that they do something special with it , some reason i was under impression it was just pick n go and seaworld made a huge deal :yay::yay: sooo exciting

Just wanted to pop in and say HI! :goodvibes

Plans look good to me so far. I like the go with the flow. That's all we really did on our trip. We didn't plan every minute- couldn't! We picked a park, had everyone's must do's and an ADR because we had free dining. That was it! I did plan DS's first haircut though, and MNSSHP of course! But I swear- that's it! lol :lmao:

I agree- a trip to the airport is a trip in itself. We have to go to the airport tomorrow afternoon to pick up DD. She comes home from her mom's house for the beginning of school. ACK! School starts in a week here!!! :scared1:

Well It's been a busy few days:laundy: I actually Missed the DisBoard !!! :grouphug: My goodness I think I am becoming addicted :lmao: Anyways, DS and DD have decided what days we hope to do what, with the idea that plans could always change because our #1 rule will be to go with the flow :hippie:

October 5 - Universal

October 6 - Epcot

Whichever day at disney we have time for the hollywood studio's we will fit that in, So far our guess will be animal kingdom day. If we have enough funds we will add in the not so scary halloween but again thats also flexible.. LOL all else our TR will stay a surprise :crazy:

We did find out that we will definatly be leaving the day prior to flying so tech we will be leaving on thursday the 30th and getting back home on the
8th :) We do not mind this at all because... well, even the trip to get to the airport is a trip within itself :rotfl: and that also allows us to take the latest flight out as possible on that last day which we now hope we can go to seaworld on crossing fingers for that one since we will not know flight times till near the last minute due to the wishflight.

We did decide not to do an adr definatly now, however i do have a question for someone thats been to gktw. Is it possible to get a lunch to go for the day or do you need to go back to eat there on premises, curious because if we can get sandwhiches to go then that wouldbe nice too picnic somewhere in the parks themselves, and if not, does the Walmart near gktw have food items like sandwhich meat bread etc? I know not all walmarts carry that stuff

Isn't Harry potter in Universal? You also get to go to Island of Adventure which is the sister park to Universal. For the sandwiches at GKTW...I heard they do that, but we personally didn't do it. On our last day at GKTW..we did get sandwiches and chips to go, but that was at lunch time and it was already out. Shoot...I don't remeber if the Walmart is a Super walmart or not. Sorry.

October 5 - Universal

October 6 - Epcot

I am so excited for Wish Flight for you guys!! :cool2:

It is possible to get lunch for the day, I believe. I think, if it is still the same, that you can grab sandwiches to go from the Ice Cream shop? At least that is the way it was.

If not, you could certainly get stuff at Walmart for sandwiches (or a nearby store - there are lots of places around GKTW - it is a pretty busy area with lots of stores, etc) and pack your own lunch. Disney doesn't really care if you bring food and drinks.

Oo ty Maroo :) when i was reading what you said it lead me to another question :lmao: The lounges in disney, does anyone know if we can bring our lunch inside there to eat in case it's a rainy day? or just if DS needs to rest a bit while having lunch ?

Oo ty Maroo :) when i was reading what you said it lead me to another question :lmao: The lounges in disney, does anyone know if we can bring our lunch inside there to eat in case it's a rainy day? or just if DS needs to rest a bit while having lunch ?

Sure! :goodvibes

The Lounge at the MK has movies and games to play and you can certainly bring your lunch.

I don't remember there being a big table, though - so you might have to picnic it! :thumbsup2

Sure! :goodvibes

The Lounge at the MK has movies and games to play and you can certainly bring your lunch.

I don't remember there being a big table, though - so you might have to picnic it! :thumbsup2

Wowwie fast reply !! lolol we must be on near same time and thanks again for answering, thats now settled we will be bringing lunch with us daily :woohoo: saves on the hassle of looking thru menu's trying to figure out who can have what .. james (wish kiddo) can't have many many items long list, Kate (sister) can't have alot as well and she has an allergy to milk fat, My DH is lactose intolerant... I'm the only healthy one of the bunch.. physically anyways:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter