Jon and Kate non bash post

But I guess both of their names are on the mortgage or show contracts, so it may be hard to show they have not been a couple for 2 years.

That two year thing has been corrected by the regular press. I guess everyone was in a hurry to get the story out and forgot basic journalism, which is check the facts. It has been corrected that they have been separated for 2 weeks.

I feel so sorry for all of them. I actually cried a little on the last episode, u feel like u know them all these yrs. I like Kate, I think she had to be strong to raise those kids. The bashing is frankly disgusting to me. I did like Jon, but frankly I think he got overwhelmed with the whole situation, Kate's strong personality and bailed, particularly on the last episode where he said "I'm excited about a new life" or something to that effect, and that is so sad. I wish them all the best. I frankly think very few people could do what they have done and raise those kids, and I mean it in a good way. I hate the bashing of them, bc they are doing what they can to survive with those kids, and if that means shows, appearances, free things, good for them.

I agree. I'll tell you there are days where I think they're better parents at times than I am, and I only have 2. Yes, they're not perfect, and EVERYONE (no matter how great they think they are) makes mistakes. I'll say I've watched the show from the very begining, and I've always thought about how well behaved and happy the kids seem. I've seen much much worse all around me, and THEY taught their kids those things. It's very (and always has been) evident to me that there is a lot of love in their family, and I really have always seen them try to teach their children well. Yes, they would argue in front of them, and no I don't think that's healthy, but I mean, I think their arguing was on the calmer end of the American public. I don't know, I just don't get how ppl. can be soooo judgemental, and act like everything they do is so horrible and wrong. Of course they make mistakes, but they also do a lot of good things, and there really has never been a doubt in my mind that they've always had their kids well-being as their first priority (although I'll admit that I think in the last few months, Jon's been pretty concerned about Jon first.)

I think right now, Jon is definetly going through, what I think will be a very regretable part in his life. I'm not saying he'll regret getting seperated from Kate, but just his priorities at this moment and yes, I think he's being selfish and thinking of himself first, but again I also think he absolutely loves his kids. I think it's a bad time right now, which is sad, but I would certainly hope that sooner rather than later, he'll wake up and realize what he's doing, and step-up to be the full time Dad again.

I agree. I'll tell you there are days where I think they're better parents at times than I am, and I only have 2. Yes, they're not perfect, and EVERYONE (no matter how great they think they are) makes mistakes. I'll say I've watched the show from the very begining, and I've always thought about how well behaved and happy the kids seem. I've seen much much worse all around me, and THEY taught their kids those things. It's very (and always has been) evident to me that there is a lot of love in their family, and I really have always seen them try to teach their children well. Yes, they would argue in front of them, and no I don't think that's healthy, but I mean, I think their arguing was on the calmer end of the American public. I don't know, I just don't get how ppl. can be soooo judgemental, and act like everything they do is so horrible and wrong. Of course they make mistakes, but they also do a lot of good things, and there really has never been a doubt in my mind that they've always had their kids well-being as their first priority (although I'll admit that I think in the last few months, Jon's been pretty concerned about Jon first.)

I think right now, Jon is definetly going through, what I think will be a very regretable part in his life. I'm not saying he'll regret getting seperated from Kate, but just his priorities at this moment and yes, I think he's being selfish and thinking of himself first, but again I also think he absolutely loves his kids. I think it's a bad time right now, which is sad, but I would certainly hope that sooner rather than later, he'll wake up and realize what he's doing, and step-up to be the full time Dad again.

I really enjoyed your post, it's pretty much how I feel. I've said before that if I had cameras trailing me and my 3 girls all day, I'm sure America would find lots to criticize. It's so easy for us to sit back and critique this family but the truth is that we are only being shown edited segments.

Kate can make me crazy sometimes and I used to be more critical of her. Now I've stepped back and realized there are times where I've acted in ways I'm not proud of either. I had a total meltdown at ESPN Zone in front of my kids, DH and younger brothers. Not my finest moment and I sure wouldn't have wanted it to be televised! But I think Kate does have good qualities as well. I truly believe she loves her kids very much. She is driven and motivated to get the job done. Once she learned those 6 little babies were inside her, she chose to carry them all to delivery. I've appreciated her organization and think that's one the main things that kept her sane in the first year or two of the sextuplets. I don't care for the way she talks to Jon at times but he certainly used to give it right back to her. I remember episodes where Jon looked really irritated (TLC didn't show us why of course) and Kate pleaded with him and said let's have a good day together. He's certainly not innocent either. They both did not communicate well with one another and I wish they could've at least managed to get into counseling for help. Who knows what could have happened if they received good counseling. Maybe they could have worked their issues out and stayed a family.

I feel terrible for Kate, Jon is the one who had this affair with a 23 year old (who's brother has a criminal record) and she's to blame? Jon is acting like he wants to be 23 and get out and on with his life. However, I do think he loves the kids, I've always thought that but I wonder how much he'll be around now that he has the freedom to really do what he wants. It's all so sad.

Folks, Kate is playing the victim as hard as she can. She is just as responsible as he is. Perhaps if she had showed him a shred of respect in the past the outcome wouldn't be what it is. He's a jerk for what he has done as well, but their both responsible in one way or another.

Folks, Kate is playing the victim as hard as she can. She is just as responsible as he is. Perhaps if she had showed him a shred of respect in the past the outcome wouldn't be what it is. He's a jerk for what he has done as well, but their both responsible in one way or another.

I agree that both are responsible, however Jon in his own words said he's "excited" to start his new life. I think ppl. are feeling worse for Kate, because she's not looking foward to this, as oppose to Jon apparently. Did Kate speak disrespectfully to Jon a good amount of times that we saw? Absolutely, did Jon speak distrespectful to Kate a good amount of times? He sure did. Niether one of them are completely innocent in this, and I haven't seen anyone say either are, but like I said, Jon is and has been out of this relationship (and from all accounts has been involved in another) for a long time. He's looking foward to getting all of this behind him, and has been acting very immaturely (sp) Kate on the other hand, seems to see the big picture, fully admits to making a lot of mistakes in the marriage, but it doesn't seem like she's done with it all yet, or that she's "checked out." This doesn't seem to be a joyful time for her, and yes I think she'll be the one mainly taking care of everything and dealing with all of it with the kids ect., while Jon's "finding" himself, and I think she most likely feels very overwhelmed with that. Like I said neither are innocent in this, but I don't think it's just because Kate supposedly didn't "show Jon an shred of respect."

I agree that both are responsible, however Jon in his own words said he's "excited" to start his new life. I think ppl. are feeling worse for Kate, because she's not looking foward to this, as oppose to Jon apparently. Did Kate speak disrespectfully to Jon a good amount of times that we saw? Absolutely, did Jon speak distrespectful to Kate a good amount of times? He sure did. Niether one of them are completely innocent in this, and I haven't seen anyone say either are, but like I said, Jon is and has been out of this relationship (and from all accounts has been involved in another) for a long time. He's looking foward to getting all of this behind him, and has been acting very immaturely (sp) Kate on the other hand, seems to see the big picture, fully admits to making a lot of mistakes in the marriage, but it doesn't seem like she's done with it all yet, or that she's "checked out." This doesn't seem to be a joyful time for her, and yes I think she'll be the one mainly taking care of everything and dealing with all of it with the kids ect., while Jon's "finding" himself, and I think she most likely feels very overwhelmed with that. Like I said neither are innocent in this, but I don't think it's just because Kate supposedly didn't "show Jon an shred of respect."

It's funny because if a husband had spoken to his wife on that show the way she spoke to him he would be crucified as an abusive ****** and how the woman should leave him immediately, but she gets a pass! Funny how that works. :confused3

It's funny because if a husband had spoken to his wife on that show the way she spoke to him he would be crucified as an abusive ****** and how the woman should leave him immediately, but she gets a pass! Funny how that works. :confused3

I agree with you.

In my opinion, both parties are responsible for the divorce. He acted like a kid and she did not show him respect. And there is no excuse for cheating (if any of them really did cheat).

I believe they both share in the problems, and subsequent demise of their marriage however, I have sympathy for Kate because of what I've heard and read from their recent interviews regarding their marriage, separation and filing for divorce.

She seems sincerely saddened by the turn of events and wishes it wasn't happening and he says he is 'excited' by the turn of events and he was the one who said he wants a divorce, got a lawyer and told her she should get one too and that he didn't want to try counceling. :sad1:

Well for the record, she was basically crucified on the internet as an abusive witch (b) and after things came out about him having an affair, ppl. said she deserved it.

Also, Jon was basically just as rude/disrespectful as Kate was. He wasn't probably as blunt about it, and took a more passive aggresive approach, but if you go back and watch the episodes, he has many disrespectful times himself. I believe he was the one making a comment to Kate about "pulling the stick out" when he thought she was being rude, and that was in the earlier episodes.

Bottom line, they're both to blame equally, they BOTH were disrespectful to one another, they both had the stress of having 8 kids ect. They were both wrong, neither were victims.

Well for the record, she was basically crucified on the internet as an abusive witch (b) and after things came out about him having an affair, ppl. said she deserved it.

Also, Jon was basically just as rude/disrespectful as Kate was. He wasn't probably as blunt about it, and took a more passive aggresive approach, but if you go back and watch the episodes, he has many disrespectful times himself. I believe he was the one making a comment to Kate about "pulling the stick out" when he thought she was being rude, and that was in the earlier episodes.

Bottom line, they're both to blame equally, they BOTH were disrespectful to one another, they both had the stress of having 8 kids ect. They were both wrong, neither were victims.

Absolutely. The only victims of this story are the kids. I hope now that they've announced the divorce, they will focus all of their attention on the kids. And just because they have 8 kids, it did not give them the right to be disrespectful toward each other. There are other ways to handle that stress, they just chose the wrong way. DH and I have 2 autistic children. Parents of autistic children have an 80% divorce rate. We know this and we work very hard at keeping a happy marriage. It isn't easy, but we make it a top priority because happy parents make happy children. I think the problem with Jon and Kate was that they did not make their marriage a priority.

I believe they both share in the problems, and subsequent demise of their marriage however, I have sympathy for Kate because of what I've heard and read from their recent interviews regarding their marriage, separation and filing for divorce.
She seems sincerely saddened by the turn of events and wishes it wasn't happening and he says he is 'excited' by the turn of events and he was the one who said he wants a divorce, got a lawyer and told her she should get one too and that he didn't want to try counceling. :sad1:

I totally agree. I am so sick of all the Kate bashing. My heart goes out to her. Just from watching the reruns of these shows I can see how immature Jon is. Kate is a perfectionist and I really feel she just loses patience with him. I have always felt she showed more love to him than he did to her even with the meltdowns. She gets annoyed with him. That doesn't mean she hates him. I see alot of myself in her though I hate to admit that. I lose it when things don't go as planned. Fortunately I have a husband who totally understands where I'm coming from and never takes it personally even after almost forty years together.

I love Kate and can't wait until the new shows begin!!!

However, in light of recent events, I'd like to "bash" Jon and his playmate via this thread!

He's a turd(translate that as you see fit), she's an opportunist who will one day find out the true meaning of the term "payback"! :sad2:

I love Kate and can't wait until the new shows begin!!!

However, in light of recent events, I'd like to "bash" Jon and his playmate via this thread!

He's a turd(translate that as you see fit), she's an opportunist who will one day find out the true meaning of the term "payback"! :sad2:

ITA!!! I've always been a Kate fan... minus the hair, lol.

I feel so bad for her right now :(

I feel so bad for her right now

As do I!

She's going to come out of this mess by leaps and bounds. Her calm and reserve will serve her well.

I'm of the opinion she will marry someone of wealth a few years down the road BUT it will be for love! :cloud9:
Likes attract likes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter