• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

John and Kevin's California / Hawaiian (working) Vacation News

Please understand that we have not left the Honolulu / Wailki area yet, but everyone is in amazing shape, covered in tattoos, audibly tan and has not a single body hair anywhere except their head.

We blend very well.:rolleyes1:scared1:

Just as much as I would as well :rotfl2:

Please understand that we have not left the Honolulu / Wailki area yet, but everyone is in amazing shape, covered in tattoos, audibly tan and has not a single body hair anywhere except their head.

Memo to self: Schedule full body waxing, tanning and hair replacement sessions before heading to Aulani. :scared1:

ROTFL. :laughing:

John, Kevin, have we told you? We all got together and signed you up to do the Tiki Torch Lighting Ceremony tonight. John, you will be blowing the conch shell and Kevin, you will be running and lighting the torches! :worship:

Be sure to find one of those ABC stores...I understand they are hard to find!!:rotfl2:

Every third store is an ABC store - I am not joking - every three-freakin' stores!!!!

I feel like the dog in UP - we are driving down the the street, talking about what we are going to do next, trying to find our destination, trying to pronounce the street names and in mid-sentence we both say "ABC" at the same time - kind of like "squirrel"!!

John, Kevin, have we told you? We all got together and signed you up to do the Tiki Torch Lighting Ceremony tonight. John, you will be blowing the conch shell and Kevin, you will be running and lighting the torches! :worship:

I don't know what any of this means but it sounds aweful....

Every third store is an ABC store - I am not joking - every three-freakin' stores!!!!

I feel like the dog in UP - we are driving down the the street, talking about what we are going to do next, trying to find our destination, trying to pronounce the street names and in mid-sentence we both say "ABC" at the same time - kind of like "squirrel"!!

Haha nice to hear nothing has changed there. We would come up to one and be like "OH look, an ABC Store....haven't seen one of these before!" :lmao:

I hope you're having a great time and making lots of memories that you will look back on in years from now!!:love:

Sitting at Pearl Harbor Historic site.

Lots of emotion. Reminds me of Ground Zero in NYC.

Accents from all over the world.

It's a sobering thought that this spot of paradise was not only the spot of such destruction but our entrance into WWII.

Never expected to be so moved by this place.

Hard to believe I'm actually here.

Wish I could tell my Dad about it.

It's a sobering thought that this spot of paradise was not only the spot of such destruction but our entrance into WWII.

:hug:

As you say, it is a very moving experience, especially when you see the oil from the Arizona still bubbling to the surface and the names on the wall of all those who died in the attack.

My father was stationed at Ford Island after the attack. I had the privilege of going their with him 25 years ago.

:grouphug: I'm sure it was a powerful place. Someday I hope to be able to visit there. It will be a definite side trip if we make it to Aulani.

My aunt and uncle were stationed there during the attack on Pearl Harbor. Everyone in the family was fine, but shortly after that they shipped the wives and kids stateside for safety. After Pearl Harbor my aunt and the kids lived all over Europe with my uncle during the war. He was killed near the end of the war over Greece I believe - or maybe that's where my aunt was living at the time his plane was shot down. Her stories are fascinating. I know she went been back to see the memorial in the 70's.

:love: I can just picture this!

What's an ABC store? :confused: I don't remember seeing those on Maui (although it has been a while since I was there).

:hug: Someday I hope to experience that. Thanks for your impressions.

Sayhello

What's an ABC store? :confused: I don't remember seeing those on Maui (although it has been a while since I was there).

Sayhello

I can think of two ABC Stores on Maui, and I'm sure there are many, many more. The two I'm thinking of are in Kihei and Kahului (there are those K words again :lmao:)

ABC Stores are souvenier shops that cater to tourists. They sell every kitschy, tacky, cliched stereotyped Hawaiian souvenier that you can possibly imagine.

We just finished visiting Pearl Harbor and we were looking for someplace for a really simple lunch.

We found a place called Anna Millers.....think Marie Calendars or Perkins.

We had a very "local" dinner last night and wee looking for a tuna melt or something similar.

I'm sitting here eating banana macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup.

These are INCREDIBLE.

I can think of two ABC Stores on Maui, and I'm sure there are many, many more. The two I'm thinking of are in Kihei and Kahului (there are those K words again :lmao:)

ABC Stores are souvenier shops that cater to tourists. They sell every kitschy, tacky, cliched stereotyped Hawaiian souvenier that you can possibly imagine.
Hmmmm... I must have just blocked them out (not that that's a *bad* thing!)

Enjoy the coffee.
OMG, Kona coffee! :faint: :hyper:

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter