• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

John and Kevin's California / Hawaiian (working) Vacation News

Right outside our hotel is Hermes, Vuitton, Bulgari and an Apple store.

I think I'm gonna like it here.

Sounds delightful.

But, watch out for Vincent Price. He lives in a cave there and will tie you to a totem pole after you find that magic amulet on the beach.

Also, beware of pictures falling off the walls and black tarantulas in your hotel room.

:tilt:

You must be staying on Kalakaua Ave, the Rodeo Dr. of Honolulu. To think, on my first trip to Hawai'i as a little kid in the early 80s, that strip was nothing but cheap souvenier shops and stores that sold knick knacks.

If you make it to the North Shore you have to get a shave ice at Matsumoto's.

Have a great time!

Sounds delightful.

But, watch out for Vincent Price. He lives in a cave there and will tie you to a totem pole after you find that magic amulet on the beach.

Also, beware of pictures falling off the walls and black tarantulas in your hotel room.

:tilt:

I wonder how many will get the Brady Bunch reference? I loved that episode, got the entire Brady Bunch series on DVD in the fuzzy package for the holidays!

Hi Kevin & John! what is the time difference from Hawaii to Massachusetts - 3 or 4 hours? Can't wait to hear about Aulani!! :) Enjoy, Laurie

Hi Kevin & John! what is the time difference from Hawaii to Massachusetts - 3 or 4 hours? Can't wait to hear about Aulani!! :) Enjoy, Laurie

It's a 6 hour difference.

It was three hours earlier in LA and there was a three hour change coming to Honolulu.

Aloha! We just got back from seeing Tyne Daly in Master Class and then Sardi's. Just trying to combat your awesomeness. :)

Hi Kevin and John!

Bummed you didn't make the MA Cars event, but sooo happy your are in Hawaii!!! My lil sister lived there for 6 years... she just moved in Nov... to New Zealand!! I have never been to either, but she went to Hawaii for a visit to friends and never came back. She learned the culture and now you would think she is a native by her voice and knowledge ;) Enjoy your trip... but please come home after!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Why does everything in Hawaii begin with a K and have an apostrophe in it?

Street names, people's names, restaurant names - it's all K'ah'loonie'lakki'poo or something.

We passed by the Apple store and I think I heard someone purchase a K'iPad......

Street names, people's names, restaurant names - it's all K'ah'loonie'lakki'poo or something.

We passed by the Apple store and I think I heard someone purchase a K'iPad......

Their alphabet doesn't have as many letters as ours does. They only have 13 letters A, E, H, I K, L, M, N, O, P, U and W.

Their alphabet doesn't have as many letters as ours does. They only have 13 letters A, E, H, I K, L, M, N, O, P, U and W.

Yes, and the apostrophe is called an 'okina.

How appropriate that the word 'okina has an 'okina in it :)

Well, you did go with 'Kevin'likki'poo

Kevin, I shall allow you to buy me something from the Hermes store. I'm just a giver that way. Carry on.

I have heard that all Hawaiian words end with a vowel.

Be sure to find one of those ABC stores...I understand they are hard to find!!:rotfl2:

This made me laugh out loud! I read it to my DH (who isn't a DISer at all!) and he thought it was hilarious. (We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon almost 11 years ago). Thanks for starting my day with a smile. :lmao:

Amanda

:lmao:

I hope you & Kevin are having a FABULOUS time!!!! Eagerly awaiting your reports!

Sayhello

Make sure Kevin does not spend all of the London/Paris money. :rotfl2:

Please understand that we have not left the Honolulu / Wailki area yet, but everyone is in amazing shape, covered in tattoos, audibly tan and has not a single body hair anywhere except their head.

We blend very well.:rolleyes1:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter