John and Kevin's California / Hawaiian (working) Vacation News

I agree that Blue Bayou is dark and can get very crowded. It's also very expensive.

In spite of all this, for me,no trip to Disneyland is complete without a waterside table at Blue Bayou with a Monte Cristo.

The restaurant is inside of PoC at Disneyland for crying out loud. Because of that I'm willing to cut it some slack.

I would judge by the standard that I believe Kevin mentioned before. Could this restaurant stand alone outside a theme park?

I don't think it could. My daughter had the Monte Cristo and enjoyed it but my meal was totally bland. CM's weren't very nice either.

The atmosphere was great but that is all it has going for it.

I would judge by the standard that I believe Kevin mentioned before. Could this restaurant stand alone outside a theme park?

I don't think it could. My daughter had the Monte Cristo and enjoyed it but my meal was totally bland. CM's weren't very nice either.

The atmosphere was great but that is all it has going for it.

For restaurants like Blue Bayou, Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace, it's about location, location, location.

Honestly, unless you're talking about a select few restaurants (California Grill, Jiko and a few others) there aren't too many restaurants at any Disney resort that could stand on their own. As popular as Boma is, for example, if it weren't in the lobby of Animal Kingdom Lodge, but instead in a strip mall in their home town, most people would drive by it without giving it a second thought.

People tend to hype up very average restaurants because they feature characters or are in great locations on Disney property. Blue Bayou is one of those restaurants.

But you are comparing Blue Bayou to one of the most exclusive restaurants in the country; one to which 99% of the population is denied access.

While the differences between your two experiences are striking, and you do a good job illustrating them, I don't think it's a fair comparison
at all.

Sorry.... if you are charging more than "one of the most exclusive restaurants in the world" for an entree that has the same basic components, than you better have your act together.

Sitting in a too dark restaurant and dealing with less the friendly servers and paying top dollar isn't mitigated by location or the fact that I get to watch boatloads of sweaty, sunburned tourists float by.

Blue Bayou is dark, overpriced and joyless.

Spend your dining dollars elsewhere and ride Pirates. You will get the same view, just backwards and you only have to spend thirty seconds in this depressing atmosphere.

I'm really not comparing the experience of Blue Bayou and Club 33.

I realize that not everyone can have this experience.

What I am saying is that most people would be highly annoyed to pay more at Mama Meltose than they did at Victoria and Alberts.

And rightfully so.

Sorry.... if you are charging more than "one of the most exclusive restaurants in the world" for an entree that has the same basic components, than you better have your act together.

Sitting in a too dark restaurant and dealing with less the friendly servers and paying top dollar isn't mitigated by location or the fact that I get to watch boatloads of sweaty, sunburned tourists float by.

Blue Bayou is dark, overpriced and joyless.

Spend your dining dollars elsewhere and ride Pirates. You will get the same view, just backwards and you only have to spend thirty seconds in this depressing atmosphere.

Well said, Kevin! :thumbsup2

So cool!! Wishing you a wonderful trip ... And will we hear about your trip in the podcast??

Kevin and John...Enjoy Hawaii!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!:goodvibes

For restaurants like Blue Bayou, Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace, it's about location, location, location.

Honestly, unless you're talking about a select few restaurants (California Grill, Jiko and a few others) there aren't too many restaurants at any Disney resort
that could stand on their own. As popular as Boma is, for example, if
it weren't in the lobby of Animal
Kingdom Lodge, but instead in a
strip mall in their home town, most
people would drive by it without
giving it a second thought.

People tend to hype up very
average restaurants because they
feature characters or are in great
locations on Disney property. Blue
Bayou is one of those
restaurants.

I understand what you're saying about paying a premium for location, but the MK restaurants you mentioned offer character interaction as part of the higher price.

I think a fair comparison should be San Angel Inn. You can eat lunch in the dark watching people in a boat ride float past. For a lot cheaper.

Right outside our hotel is Hermes, Vuitton, Bulgari and an Apple store.

I think I'm gonna like it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter