Jodi Arias Trial Part 4, starting with redirect of "expert" Dr Samuels, March 19

Good morning, everyone. :goodvibes

:lmao: Hate to ask, maybe someone could refresh my memory, is there going to be testimony tomorrow?
Maybe there will be, or maybe there won't be? :rotfl:
Before or after? :rotfl2:
Ummm...does ANYONE know the answer to this? :lmao: Is there court tomorrow? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
LOL. I'm probably giving him too much credit, but it's basic math. There's a big difference between 3-8 percent of 100,000 and 3-8 out of 100,000. Samuels is a bumbling fool. I cannot believe that anyone would consider him an expert.
I wonder if there were any experts who just wouldn't touch this case, or if they went straight to Samuels because he had a reputation for being agreeable to providing the necessary information helpful to the defense. I think Nurmi/Willie came up with the PSTD defense, and then approached psychologists to evaluate her. I think to get a remotely correct diagnosis, a psychologist should go in there with very little information. Of course, there needs to be some information from the beginning, but I suspect with someone as incompetent looking as Samuels that it would be easy to steer him in a particular direction. JMHO FWIW.

And really...how much "self-esteem" is a person sitting in jail accused of a brutal murder supposed to exhibit? Did Nurmi really expect to walk into his first meeting with such a defendant and expect to see someone looking ready for an executive job interview? So, along the 3 years he saw her, she developed more confidence. Maybe she just got more comfortable in jail (and all the pesky noise at night) and with him; she probably looked forward to his visits...wonder how much her parents visited her.

And really...how much "self-esteem" is a person sitting in jail accused of a brutal murder supposed to exhibit? Did Nurmi really expect to walk into his first meeting with such a defendant and expect to see someone looking ready for an executive job interview? So, along the 3 years he saw her, she developed more confidence. Maybe she just got more comfortable in jail (and all the pesky noise at night) and with him; she probably looked forward to his visits...wonder how much her parents visited her.

That's what I kept thinking yesterday. Did he really expect to see a self-assured, composed, confident woman? Would you be if you had been arrested, because I know I wouldn't be.

I'm wondering about this book he gave her ... and if he gave her anything else. He seems to have a track record for being inappropriate.

... call Travis' phone , the message is not good enough. Go into his phone system to erase it and then call back?

I have not been able to watch as much as I would like, and I saw a reference to this on another website.

Can somewhere here elaborate on what was said in court?

I have not been able to watch as much as I would like, and I saw a reference to this on another website.

This may not be helpful, but when Jodi was on the stand and she was questioned on the voicemail she left Travis, she basically said "When I called, I kept crying so I would delete the message and try again so that I sounded as normal as possible". I'm sure it wasn't because she was crying, but more that she was trying to get her wording right.

This may not be helpful, but when Jodi was on the stand and she was questioned on the voicemail she left Travis, she basically said "When I called, I kept crying so I would delete the message and try again so that I sounded as normal as possible". I'm sure it wasn't because she was crying, but more that she was trying to get her wording right.

and this was AFTER she killed him?

Can someone confirm for me that it is 4 p.m. EST that the coverage starts?

I'm wondering about this book he gave her ... and if he gave her anything else. He seems to have a track record for being inappropriate.
Your Erroneous Zones, by Wayne Dyer. (I had a child rearing book that he wrote and I never read. :) )

After murdering Travis, to help cover her tracks, Jodi left him messages on his answering machine and kept deleting them and starting over, until she got it just right, to make it sound like she had no idea he was dead.

After murdering Travis, to help cover her tracks, Jodi left him messages on his answering machine and kept deleting them and starting over, until she got it just right, to make it sound like she had no idea he was dead.

and what did the defense team make of this? How did they "explain it away?"

and this was AFTER she killed him?

Yes. I want to say that She talked to Leslie Udi who stated that Travis wasn't answering his phone so wanted to know if Jodi had talked to him. Jodi said no and then called him and left him the message, think she sent him a text as well.

You know if it was not a planned murder why would you think about forensics? Preplanned, she thought it all out about how to cover her tracks. I think that is such a huge word for the prosecution.

After the jury questions for the "doctor", does the domestic violence expert come up? Are they the last defense witness, and then rebuttal?

As I was vacuuming this morning I got to thinking about the trial ... Yes, I know, I am consumed with this trial and can't get it off my mind no matter what I am doing ;) ... Anyhoo ... I don't know if this has been mentioned before but does anybody think that JA was purposely acting strangely when she was left alone in the interrogation room after being questioned by Det. Flores (i.e., doing yoga, singing to herself, standing on her head, talking about not having make-up, etc.)? ... I mean, she had to realize that she was probably being watched, no? ... I think she may have been hoping to show that she was not worried about anything OR she was setting herself up to look like a nut so she could later claim a "temporary insanity" defense? ... Just a thought ... Back to my housecleaning :) ...

Oh one more thought, I hope the DT's domestic violence expert got the memo to go back and memorize her notes before she takes the stand ... Otherwise, I'm sure she will be the next victim of JA in the sense of kissing her career goodbye just like Dr. S is about to do ... But then again, watching another train wreck courtesy of the DT would be rather remarkable ... :happytv:

Anyone have an idea how much longer this is going to last? I know at some point, it was thought early April, but the defense has taken so long, then we still have rebuttal, then closing, deliberations and verdict. Thoughts? :confused3

I know, it will be a while, as the jury will ask questions of the Dr. Then the attorneys will ask him things based on what the questions are. Then you have the next witness which involves the same process. Then Juan will have rebuttal.

I wonder if the Dr. is going to be allowed to use his notes when answering the jury questions. I think that may look really bad if he does so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter