Jodi Arias Murder Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gaaawwd, Beth Karas just mentioned we've still got to go thru all Jodi's preparation for her trip (borrowing the gas cans) and we probably have to hear hours long explanation as to why Jodi decided to go see Travis and don't forget why the car rental rep may have thought her hair was blonde...

Yes, Beth Karas, you called it right when you said we have "Jodi fatigue." :faint:

Are we really gonna get to the killing today??? :scratchin

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Here's wishing everyone here love, health and happiness.

Dh just called me to tell me he's taking me out to lunch (giftcard left over from christmas), but I'll take it. SO I have to dvr the trial

NO COURT TODAY. Judge out sick.

InSession is supposed to talk to Gus Searcy this afternoon at 2:15.

I will say I have watched TRU (formerly Court) TV for a long time but this is my first DEATH penalty case. Are they all like this one; going back to the defendant's childhood (parents beating etc) all the way up to the murder re-stating every single detail? My gawd its painful waiting to get to the murder of Travis.

Also, does anyone know whose voice that was on the orginial 911 call to the police in Mesa when Travis' friends called the police after finding him dead? It was a female voice! The voice old police Travis' former gf was stalking him.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, EVERYONE!!!

I will say I have watched TRU (formerly Court) TV for a long time but this is my first DEATH penalty case. Are they all like this one; going back to the defendant's childhood (parents beating etc) all the way up to the murder re-stating every single detail? My gawd its painful waiting to get to the murder of Travis.

Also, does anyone know whose voice that was on the orginial 911 call to the police in Mesa when Travis' friends called the police after finding him dead? It was a female voice! The voice old police Travis' former gf was stalking him.

Casey Anthony was a death penalty case, and no, it didn't drag on like this.

It was Mimi on the phone...the sweet Morman girl with the dark hair.

That's Mimi Hall, the woman who was gonna go to Cancun with Travis.

I think most death penalty cases present mitigating factors to minimize the sentence, trying to get a lesser penalty than death.

Oh no, another day! Jodi fatigue is right. Someone was saying the jury is bored. They are losing them over all this sex stuff. It is time to move on from stuff that is really meaningless. Now what do I do with my day?

The cherry mash looks good. Maybe I should make some. Happy Valentines day everyone!

UR put your ankle up today and rest it. Weather sure plays on my joints for the ones that have been injured or broken.

Thank you for the link UR. I will go back and look at them.

I was up most of the night and fell asleep around 4 am.

I got to thinking about this case last night. I'm really surprised she didn't end up trying to trap Travis by getting pregnant. She was obviously desperate and trying to do anything she could to hold onto him.

I guess we had enough excitement with the CA trial. Kurby and her beautiful daughter was part of the excitement. But things we always going on everyday.

That's Mimi Hall, the woman who was gonna go to Cancun with Travis.

I think most death penalty cases present mitigating factors to minimize the sentence, trying to get a lesser penalty than death.
What they've said on InSession is that much of that pre-stuff (her "traumatic" childhood) usually comes in the sentencing phase. I know it was that way for the sickos in CT who took that doctor and his wife and daughters hostage, then killed the wife and daughters.

I got a tweet from InSession saying that court was canceled, but I haven't seen it on the show, unless I wasn't in the room. :confused3 Or someone forgot to tweet Vinnie Politan.

Oh no, another day! Jodi fatigue is right. Someone was saying the jury is bored. They are losing them over all this sex stuff. It is time to move on from stuff that is really meaningless. Now what do I do with my day?

The cherry mash looks good. Maybe I should make some. Happy Valentines day everyone!

UR put your ankle up today and rest it. Weather sure plays on my joints for the ones that have been injured or broken.

Thank you for the link UR. I will go back and look at them.

I was up most of the night and fell asleep around 4 am.

Oh, I'm so glad to tell ya it's BearcatFan who has the messed up ankle, not me, I don't need that, I've got too much to do and now no excuse for not getting it done today. :rotfl:

No court today, make yourself some Cherry Mash, eat a few and take a nice nap. :thumbsup2

I got to thinking about this case last night. I'm really surprised she didn't end up trying to trap Travis by getting pregnant. She was obviously desperate and trying to do anything she could to hold onto him.

I've wondered that too, surely that crossed her mind.

What they've said on InSession is that much of that pre-stuff (her "traumatic" childhood) usually comes in the sentencing phase. I know it was that way for the sickos in CT who took that doctor and his wife and daughters hostage, then killed the wife and daughters.

I got a tweet from InSession saying that court was canceled, but I haven't seen it on the show, unless I wasn't in the room. :confused3 Or someone forgot to tweet Vinnie Politan.

Yeah, I think this defense is trying to get this jury to convict on a lesser charge to keep her from the death penalty, make them feel sorry for her while setting up a perfect little background for Battered Womans Syndrome. While I know most heinous criminals had some crappy childhood, it doesn't mean I have to excuse them for their crimes. Jodi sounds like she was a pain in the *** for her parents.

ETA: I don't see TruTV's normal countdown til court time so maybe they have announced it.

Yeah, I think this defense is trying to get this jury to convict on a lesser charge to keep her from the death penalty, make them feel sorry for her while setting up a perfect little background for Battered Womans Syndrome. While I know most heinous criminals had some crappy childhood, it doesn't mean I have to excuse them for their crimes. Jodi sounds like she was a pain in the *** for her parents.

ETA: I don't see TruTV's normal countdown til court time so maybe they have announced it.
True, about Jodi's defense.

You're very observant about the countdown clock. :thumbsup2 But you'd think they'd be mentioning it every so often!

Oh crap, I did watch all of CA, but I just never realized it was a death penalty case……I just thought it was "is she guilty or not" case. Now that is someone I NEVER EVER thought would WALK. Walk right out the friggin door. Gawd. That was the most painful end to a trial EVER for me. EVER.

Thanks for the info on Mimi.

True, about Jodi's defense.

You're very observant about the countdown clock. :thumbsup2 But you'd think they'd be mentioning it every so often!

It might be that they don't want us to turn the channel since there's no court today! :laughing:

I guess I'll call the local hardware store and see if my plumbing part came in today.

No court til next Tuesday.

Morning everybody. I spent the morning in the DMV hoping I'd make it back in time, to find out the judge is out sick?!? That AND I skipped class to watch this (and get packed)...oh sad sad day. Guess I'll have to attempt to be productive.

Morning everybody. I spent the morning in the DMV hoping I'd make it back in time, to find out the judge is out sick?!? That AND I skipped class to watch this (and get packed)...oh sad sad day. Guess I'll have to attempt to be productive.

I just pulled out my vacuum cleaner. :crazy2:

No Court?!
Mercy, I cancelled lunch with my parents and sister! :rolleyes2

Shame on me, my husband gave me :mic: guilt trip for not going to lunch with them for a trial.......

They will be over Saturday for my birthday, so I feel better about that.

SHAME ON ME!!!!!

No Court?!
Mercy, I cancelled lunch with my parents and sister! :rolleyes2

Shame on me, my husband gave me :mic: guilt trip for not going to lunch with them for a trial.......

They will be over Saturday for my birthday, so I feel better about that.

SHAME ON ME!!!!!

Oh I've been scheduling my life around this trial as much as possible. Almost canceled my pedicure date yesterday to listen to Jodi ramble on and on and on. Guess I'll waste my time and take a bath while listening to yesterdays testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter