*Jessica & Jared* 06/17/08>Wedding PJ< *We're Back & Married!*

Lynn.... I actually created my own newsletter layout through MSWord. I am an elementary teacher and send weekly newsletter to my students and parents. So, I just enhanced the one I created for school. If there is a way I can send it to you I will. Just let me know. Thank you for the wonderful comments. :rotfl: That is so neat that we have Kathleen, Randy, and Rev. Herring in common. Great minds think alike!

Great Planning Journal.....Could you share your file of your Newletter with me. My email is goldeelox9@yahoo.com!

Thanks....Keep writing...Can't wait to read more!

Hello again! :wave2: Well, once again it has been a while since I have posted. I do apologize! I have been super busy with school (I am an elementary teacher), which has been taking up most of my time. I am not complaining; keeping busy has made the last few months fly by. I hope the same applies to the next month. I am getting more excited about the wedding and honeymoon by the day. My school district lets out in mid-May, so I am counting down the days so I can put all of my focus on the wedding after school is out. :teacher:
During the past weeks, I did complete my wedding planning worksheets with all of my goody requests. I faxed them to my wedding coordinator, Kathleen Reynolds, last weekend. On Friday I received her mock-up of the wedding layout and budget. I have been anticipating this milestone and yesterday I paid off our wedding budget balance. Yippee!
Also, a few weekends ago, we finally ordered DF’s tuxedo. We went to Men’s Wearhouse and they had exactly what we wanted. Men’s Wearhouse is a partner to David’s Bridal, so they coordinate colors perfectly. We ordered a classic tuxedo with a vest and a long tie. The tie and vest has a geometric print and the color is peridot, which matches flawlessly with my sister’s maid-of-honor dress. I also found a coordinating tie for my father to wear with his suit. Something that surprised us about Men’s Wearhouse and comforted a big worry for us was their rental and pick-up options. Since we are traveling to Disney, we have been worried that our rental fee would sky-rocket because we would have the tuxedo for over a week. :sad2: We explained this concern to the woman that helped us and she reassured us that she could send the order information to their Kissimmee, FL store and we could pick-up and drop off our tuxedo while we are in Florida. WOW, what a big relief! That relieved a lot of stress, and it will save more luggage room in the car and it will be one last thing to worry about lugging around. Here is a picture of the tuxedo and exact colors of my wedding. The tuxedos the men are wearing are exact to what my fiancé will wear.

tux-1-1.jpg

Today, I finally ordered the garter and guest book I have been eyeing for a few months. I have been waiting to make sure I did not stumble across any others that I may like better. :scratchin Today I made a decision and went ahead and ordered them. The garters and book match each other and both say “…And They Lived Happily Ever After.” There is also a matching flower girl basket, pen stand, unity candle, and ring bearer pillow, but I just stuck with the garters and guest book. I ordered them from www.theweddingoutlet.com. What a wonderful site! Here are pictures of both the garter and guest book:

garter.jpg
guestbook.jpg

Well, I am counting down the days every day. I have also been cheating and checking my shower registries each day to see what I have gotten so far. I know… I am horrible. My work shower is this Tuesday after school, and my family and friend shower will be Saturday, May 17. I can’t believe everything is so close! I can hardly stand my excitement!:hyper:

Yay, you're so close! I just read your PJ and it all sounds too wonderful! You'll have a blast! I'm getting married at Sea Breeze Point in December with Reverend Herring and Randy as well! :thumbsup2 You have to tell me how Rev. Herring is in person. I'm nervous because while I'm a people person I want to be sure I'm not too nervous around someone I don't know and who is quite a vital part of our marriage!

Can't wait to see how it all turns out for you! :yay:

A teacher wedding! Awesome!

Now did you pick June because it was the only time you could do, or because you wanted a June wedding?

A teacher wedding! Awesome!

Now did you pick June because it was the only time you could do, or because you wanted a June wedding?

I picked a June wedding because it was not only convenient for me and my DH, but June is also a perfect time for all of my traveling guests. Thanks for the post.:)

Yay, you're so close! I just read your PJ and it all sounds too wonderful! You'll have a blast! I'm getting married at Sea Breeze Point in December with Reverend Herring and Randy as well! :thumbsup2 You have to tell me how Rev. Herring is in person. I'm nervous because while I'm a people person I want to be sure I'm not too nervous around someone I don't know and who is quite a vital part of our marriage!

Can't wait to see how it all turns out for you! :yay:

I feel the same way. I tend to get very shy and uncomfortable when around new people too! Since Rev. Herring is a big part of the wedding, I am anxious to meet him too!

I love all your stuff so far! :lovestrucI'm crazy and driving to disney for my wedding too so I know how you are feeling :goodvibes

I love all your stuff so far! :lovestrucI'm crazy and driving to disney for my wedding too so I know how you are feeling :goodvibes

Thank You for the wonderful post. I am glad I am not the only bride crazy enough to drive the long distance. Although it takes longer to drive, it is kind of fun and relaxing too. I like spending those few days with my fiance... just the two of us. Now, the drive back is a different story. We are always ready to be home very quickly.

Also, I followed your planning journal link and am in the process of reading through it. I love your ideas. You are a very devoted disboards blogger. I can't believe how many pages you have already. :eek: Your thread is going to be massive by the time your wedding rolls around. You go girl! :cheer2:

I am getting so excited by the day! School is winding down and I can feel the day getting closer and closer. My students ask me every day if I am getting more excited. I think they are more excited for me than for themselves that school is almost out… and these are fourth-graders. But they are outstanding fourth-graders!!!
Over the weekend I made my wedding/reception favors… all 25 of them. I now that is sooo many (wink-wink)! I bought the mini Cinderella glass slippers from Hobby Lobby and put white, mint jelly beans in white mesh baggies. I then put the mint baggies inside the slippers and tied yellow and peridot ribbon around the slippers to keep the baggies in place. They turned out very nice.

wedding002.jpg

I also created a sample wedding program over the weekend. I played around and finally came out with a nice layout. I am using the same materials that I used when I made the invitation. The only thing I need to get before I can make the lot of them is to find a nice picture of DH and me. My family bridal shower in on May 17th and my sister is coming down from St. Louis, so I think I am going to have her take DH and I to a nice park and snap a few formal pictures of us. For the time being, I used a filler picture for the sample program. It is a picture that was taken by a Disney Photographer at Animal Kingdom in front of the Tree of Life.

wedding004.jpg

wedding006.jpg

wedding007.jpg

On Friday I also had my final fitting with the bustle. They taught my mom and me how to do and undo the bustle. It looked very nice. I also got to bring the dress home for good. YAY! I do not have to worry about anymore dress related things.

2008012.jpg

2008014.jpg

2008017.jpg

While we were at David’s Bridal I found a mini clutch that I loved, so my mom bought it for me. I don’t know if I will carry it or not, but I just had to have it. I also bought some wedding slipper in case my wedding shoes start to hurt me during the picture sessions and reception lunch; … and because I have been wanting a pair since my best friend wore them at her wedding. I also bought a mini purse for my MOH, it matches her dress perfectly (peridot green). I don’t know if I will have her carry it, but I got it anyway.

wedding029.jpg

wedding030.jpg

(Do you see the hidden mickeys on my slippers?)
wedding032.jpg

Finally, I picked out my veil on Friday too. It is just a plain, single layer veil, nothing fancy. I might decide to put some hidden Mickey rhinestones on it later, but I haven’t made a decision yet. I really want a veil look, but I don’t want the veil to overpower my dress or my hair. Oh, I also found the hairstyle that I want. I will try to post a picture.

wedding031.jpg

Here are my hairstyles that I hope to achieve:

Hair11-1.jpg

hairupdo.jpg

I do apologize for the massive pictures. I have not found a quick and easy way to minimize them. I am sorry!

I have lurked on your PJ off and on for a while and since you posted in mine, I will return the favor. :upsidedow Everything looks GREAT! You look gorgeous in your dress...it looks like it was made for you! :) You are sooo lucky to be getting out of school mid-May. I am jealous!

Our weddings really are very similar! If you post pics before I leave for mine I guess I'll pretty much know what mine will be like! :rotfl2: I can't wait to see how it all comes together for you! It is getting closer and closer! :yay:

Oh, and one more similarity...I LOVE LOVE LOVE Eeyore too! He is my absolute fav! :eeyore: :lovestruc

I remember reading your PJ when you first started it and I can't beleive how close you've gotten! Everything looks like it's coming together so nicely!

Everything looks great! I love your hairstyle choices! It's going to be very pretty!

Thank you ladies for all of the wonderful comments and encouragement. I am getting more and more excited, especially after lurking around the disboards forever tonight. :lovestruc

i love the dress, its gorgeous. the programs are so cute, i am also doing slippers i like the way you did them, I was having trouble with mine

Thank you Sandy! Our weddings are getting so close... I can hardly wait! Are you ready? I know I am so ready and anxious! :goodvibes

Counting down the days:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: 40 today! 39 for you!!!

I just cant wait to get on Disney soil!

our rehearsal is 8:30-9:30 at Epcot the morning of your wedding! We will be wandering to the BC after- I may have to go the long way!!! Your wedding is at 10 ?:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter