Jedi Training Academy Sign Up!!

Boo! I'm so bummed about this! We'll be there the end of October and our kiddo was really looking forward to battling Vader. He and his friends are always have light saber battles with the pool noodle light sabers we've made. He's going to be disappointed when I tell him.

JTA is now showing time until september 19 so the people so that mean that there no closure for september guest..the wait to see in end of october and beginning of november is killing me..really just wish that Disney make a annoncement about this

JTA is now showing time until september 19 so the people so that mean that there no closure for september guest..the wait to see in end of october and beginning of november is killing me..really just wish that Disney make a annoncement about this
entertainment get their schedules 3 weeks in advance I believe, so that's why it's showing this way, but I can tell you that the cast of JTA have received emails and phone calls telling them that JTA as we know it will end Oct 4th and they will begin rehearsal for the new Rebels show. As to what exactly that is they have not been provided any additional information. But the new show should start before Force Awakens is released.
I always say to treat this as a rumor until Disney confirms, and the usually don't do that until the very last moment

I am so sad. We had planned a lot of our trip around my son getting to participate in this awesome opportunity. I'm going to go ahead and sign up for a Disney Visa Chase card and we'll just have to make another trip as soon as the new Star Wars expansion takes place. :)

Oh yikes!!! My daughter's only request for our sept trip was JTA and I'm heartbroken that it could be closed. Our DHS is sept 27 so hopefully it's still going then. JTA is such a huge deal to so many kids so wondering why close it? A Darth Vader M&G would be pretty awesome!

I'm going to be far less excited about JTA and the new SW land in general if most traces of the original 3 films are erased. Disney seems to think people are going to bond with and love these new characters. Maybe the kids will, but for me, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Obi Wan, Yoda and Darth Vader will always be Star Wars.

Oh no :( first baymax leaves and now JTA might be gone for our trip?

My 6 year old is going to be so bummed. This was such a huge deal for him :(
Oh my gosh - at our house, too! Hmmm, might rework our plans for that day.

I just heard from Make-a-wish:

Just heard back from our Florida chapter. Samantha learned from our Disney contact that the Jedi Training Academy is going under refurbishment from October 4 through December 1 with no alternative options during that time. I’m so sorry for any inconvenience this might cause!

I just heard from Make-a-wish:

Just heard back from our Florida chapter. Samantha learned from our Disney contact that the Jedi Training Academy is going under refurbishment from October 4 through December 1 with no alternative options during that time. I’m so sorry for any inconvenience this might cause!
Thank you so much for the info! Such a bummer!

At least we have some "official" confirmation. And thank goodness Disney is being transparent with Make-a-Wish about this. The rest of us with healthy children can live with the disappointment, but for many Wish kids, this would truly be a one-shot deal.

At least we have some "official" confirmation. And thank goodness Disney is being transparent with Make-a-Wish about this. The rest of us with healthy children can live with the disappointment, but for many Wish kids, this would truly be a one-shot deal.
you're right.. I wish they could at least but a meet and greet or something to make it for that lost

I don't mean to get Make-a-wish in trouble by posting this. It's just that this means it will be down for my oldest son's wish trip. I'm trying to figure out how to break the news to him. I hope they don't decide Star Tours needs downtime during this too, or he's going to break down. :(

I don't mean to get Make-a-wish in trouble by posting this. It's just that this means it will be down for my oldest son's wish trip. I'm trying to figure out how to break the news to him. I hope they don't decide Star Tours needs downtime during this too, or he's going to break down. :(
I haven't read your whole story so I don't know if you already have looked into this but the 501st organization does an outstanding job with meet and greets. They have Garrisons all over the world so maybe you could contact your local group and arrange some sort of meet and greet?

I'm going to be far less excited about JTA and the new SW land in general if most traces of the original 3 films are erased. Disney seems to think people are going to bond with and love these new characters. Maybe the kids will, but for me, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Obi Wan, Yoda and Darth Vader will always be Star Wars.

Hehe.. we're old. :) Hopefully the new movie will be for our kids, what the original was for us. Thus I don't look at the new movie as a way for me to fall in love w Star Wars all over, but rather, for me to enjoy watching my kids fall in love with Star Wars so that they grow up w it as much a part of their life as our movie was mine. So, I like the mockups I've seen so far of the new lands. No personal ties, yet... but those will form once we see the movie.

Did your kids watch Clone Wars? SW Rebels? Yoda Chronicles? Some of the characters they've come up with are pretty cool, despite not being original.

If JTA is closing, hopefully Rebels is open shortly afterwards. I'd rather have the new experience over the old, as we've done JTA a few times and it was seeming a bit cookie cutter. But I'd rather have the old if the new won't be open in time!

We did see some of the 501st at a local library's Star Wars Days, but to do JTA was going to be essentially part of the action. My older three boys take their light-sabers out in the back yard and literally do what they call "Jedi Missions" as they pretend play. This was going to be different - they don't have to have one of them take turns being the bad guy.

I did ask our MAW coordinator if maybe they could have some of the Star Wars characters do a meet and greet at Give Kids the World, even if they won't do it at the rest of WDW. She said she'd look into it. Maybe she could set that up with the 501st even if Disney didn't want to do it directly? I'll ask. Thanks for the idea.

I believe if you emphasize that the Wish he chose is MNSSHP and he's going to have a fantastic time there, then you can remind him of your 501st meets you have already attended. Having had a personal meet with a 501st Vader may not compare to JTA but it's an experience many others have never had.

When you are at MNSSHP, have your kids be on the lookout for other guests who may be in SW attire. You can ask to have your photos taken with other guests at the party.

I don't think you're going to get MAW in trouble at all. I'm so sorry about your son's Wish not being a possibility. I suppose there's no way to move the trip to September? When our friends did a Wish trip, they had no flexibility with dates, so I'm thinking that's probably a no.

I assume that they have no alternative for Vader since it's my understanding the actors who play Vader have been "pink slipped" as far as the Vader role goes as of October 4th.

We did see some of the 501st at a local library's Star Wars Days, but to do JTA was going to be essentially part of the action. My older three boys take their light-sabers out in the back yard and literally do what they call "Jedi Missions" as they pretend play. This was going to be different - they don't have to have one of them take turns being the bad guy.

I did ask our MAW coordinator if maybe they could have some of the Star Wars characters do a meet and greet at Give Kids the World, even if they won't do it at the rest of WDW. She said she'd look into it. Maybe she could set that up with the 501st even if Disney didn't want to do it directly? I'll ask. Thanks for the idea.
I would contact the Florida Garrison directly and explain, they know Disney pretty well since they march in the parade during SWW. I'm sure you can arrange for them to meet at GKTW.
A friend of mine just did an Indi DIS meet and members of the 501st attended to raise money for GKTW, this organization works very close with GKTW.

Hehe.. we're old. :) Hopefully the new movie will be for our kids, what the original was for us. Thus I don't look at the new movie as a way for me to fall in love w Star Wars all over, but rather, for me to enjoy watching my kids fall in love with Star Wars so that they grow up w it as much a part of their life as our movie was mine. So, I like the mockups I've seen so far of the new lands. No personal ties, yet... but those will form once we see the movie.

Did your kids watch Clone Wars? SW Rebels? Yoda Chronicles? Some of the characters they've come up with are pretty cool, despite not being original.

If JTA is closing, hopefully Rebels is open shortly afterwards. I'd rather have the new experience over the old, as we've done JTA a few times and it was seeming a bit cookie cutter. But I'd rather have the old if the new won't be open in time!

My daughter is only 4, so she's just starting to show interest in Star Wars. Right now she's into Vader and Princess Leia. My husband and I watch all the new stuff, and we enjoy it. She's been too young thus far for the shows etc. Weve never even been able to do the original JTA, and were planning on doing it in late October.

It will be interesting to see if kids today fall in love with the new characters the way we did with the original. My cousins were kids when the prequels came out, and they never identified with those characters. They love the classics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter