• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 7, 2006 *Magic* 1/7/06

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
Bellerina12 said:
Hi my name is Hali W. and I am 12 years old. I am into dance, cheerleading :cheer2: , band(flute), guitar, and volleyball. My best friend Megan W. and her family are coming, too. Megan likes soccer, horseback riding, and guitar. Only 8 more days!
Hali i am SO EXCITED!!!!!!! :earboy2:

Hi All,

Hope the holiday season is a happy one for everyone--I'm not sure where December went--we can hardly believe we are leaving soon for WDW and the cruise!

I will be looking for mylove4disney on deck 10 at the sailaway party and hope we can connect with many of you. I was happy to see that there are some girls on board who are horse enthusiasts and Harry Potter fans--my daughter is in the 5th grade and LOVES both. Any 4 year old boys on board interested in Power Rangers and Pirates?

I hope all of you have a wonderful week and we'll see you soon!

Pam

Hi all!
This is the first chance I have had to get back here, Still no working computer at home (Christmas presents etc. had to come first.) I can't believe that this time next week only 168 hours from now we'll be in the terminal getting ready to board!!!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Has anyone decided on a DIS meet? Time? Place? We will try to have nametags in DIS green. If I can get my DBF (Disney Best Friend) to wear one. :cool1:
We plan to be on the top deck for the sailaway party. :thewave: (slightly less noise) It will be odd sailing away in the dark. Right now sunset here in NY is about 4:30 so I'm not sure if it is much later there.
We haven't made any ressies yet. What with so much to do at work and no 'puter at home I haven't been online much.
We finally got our docs last week, right before Christmas. We are on deck 6, starboard (right side).

We fly out on Friday. Plan to have lunch with friends at Olivia's at OKW and then drive to the Radisson. We stayed there before our last cruise in September, 2004 and liked it.They had just reopened after Hurricane Frances. The area was pretty much in disarray. And there were FEMA folks staying there too. We were on the Magic Western that had to change to a different Eastern because of Hurricane Ivan. Then changed again due to Tropical Strom Jeanne. Now I heard that Tropical Storm Zaida (not sure of the spelling) has formed in the Eastern Atlantic. Just my luck. My DBF kept saying all year "we are cruising in January so we don't have to worry about Hurricanes etc." :rolleyes:

Is anyone else at the Radisson on Friday? TTFN :thewave: Until we sailaway!

Hi Hali! lol

wow only 6 more days! i cant wait!!! lots of movies and lots of SUN! which means lots of people getting TAN! I miight even start to count down the hours now!

NancyDVC said:
Hi all!
This is the first chance I have had to get back here, Still no working computer at home (Christmas presents etc. had to come first.) I can't believe that this time next week only 168 hours from now we'll be in the terminal getting ready to board!!!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Has anyone decided on a DIS meet? Time? Place? We will try to have nametags in DIS green. If I can get my DBF (Disney Best Friend) to wear one. :cool1:
We plan to be on the top deck for the sailaway party. :thewave: (slightly less noise) It will be odd sailing away in the dark. Right now sunset here in NY is about 4:30 so I'm not sure if it is much later there.
We haven't made any ressies yet. What with so much to do at work and no 'puter at home I haven't been online much.
We finally got our docs last week, right before Christmas. We are on deck 6, starboard (right side).

We fly out on Friday. Plan to have lunch with friends at Olivia's at OKW and then drive to the Radisson. We stayed there before our last cruise in September, 2004 and liked it.They had just reopened after Hurricane Frances. The area was pretty much in disarray. And there were FEMA folks staying there too. We were on the Magic Western that had to change to a different Eastern because of Hurricane Ivan. Then changed again due to Tropical Strom Jeanne. Now I heard that Tropical Storm Zaida (not sure of the spelling) has formed in the Eastern Atlantic. Just my luck. My DBF kept saying all year "we are cruising in January so we don't have to worry about Hurricanes etc." :rolleyes:

Is anyone else at the Radisson on Friday? TTFN :thewave: Until we sailaway!
I, PrincessLeKeisha, Bellerina, Keisha's friend, and FCAMom are all staying at the Raddison on Friday night. It seems to be a popular choice and really convient to get to the port...6 more days!!!!
<3 LeKeisha

Happy 2006 everyone!

There is officially only 4 or 5 more days- depending on how you look at it! :cool1: I cant wait! And only two more days till I get to see PrincessLeKeisha! and of course bellarina and maybe FCAMom?!?! yeah!

Well, In 120 hours we'll be at the Radisson. And in 144 hours we'll be getting ready for our first dinner onboard. We have an 8:30 seating.
Hmm - :rolleyes: lots of time to get ready for dinner but not as much time to party after dinner.
Maybe that's why we missed so many of the evening activities on our last cruise. We always seemed to be closing up the restaurants!
I am just trying to get my packing list together. What clothes do I have, what things do I need. Just try to find shorts in NY this time of yearr :rolleyes2
It doesn't really matter, I can always do lots of laundry onboard :rolleyes: ::yes::
Oh yes, nothing else seems to matter because my cruise is almost here. Yippeee!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: ::yes::
Has anything been decided about a DIS meet onboard? TTFN :wave:

Packing today! Feels so strange to be throwing shorts into my suitcase at this time of year!!
How is everyone else doing?? GEtting ready yet?

Still packing too. Can't believe I am up to 8 bags.
There are only 4 of us but need a little of everything.
With the weight limit of 50lbs I have to watch the big bags.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are packing too! We're leaving on Wednesday to do two days at WDW before the cruise. We'll be staying at the Radisson on Friday night with my parents and we're all on the 9:00 shuttle over to the port on Saturday! We've had a little unexpected "fun" with Independence Air! Hopefully no one else is planning to fly with them since they're going out of business on Thursday! Luckily we'll be on one of the last flights on Wednesday, but we had to book new returning flights with another airline. Don't forget the sunscreen!
See ya'll soon!

Ok.. another thread on the main board got me wondering...
anyone else dressing up in full pirate garb??
PLEASE.. my dh is going to kill me if he is the only guy in the full garb... :)

Bad news: just checked the weather channel and it doesn't look like amazing weather for our trip. Hopefully, things will change as we get closer.

It's supposed to be clear, but cool on Saturday for the sail away party-- high 58 degrees. 60% chance of rain in St. Marteen and St. Thomas, highs in the low 80's.

Now I really have to think about what to pack!

Anyone cruised before when it was raining? Is it usually a light rain or should I prepare for a big ole storm?? a little nervous about that
Ok and one more ? - are you guys bringing shorts and tank tops ..or is that packing too summery for this time of year. I know it should be warm in the virgin islands ..but wondering about the rest of the days??

I much prefer the Accuweather forecast:

St. Thomas--January 11
Humid with clouds and sunshine. Winds from the ENE at 11 mph. High: 82° F RealFeel: 85° F

Couldn't find my book mark for the island closest to CC, but Nassau is predicted to be 27 C (81 F) sunshine for January 13.

My travel experience has been that the Weather channel is very conservative in their forecasts that are more than 48 hours out.

Family is bringing shorts for the days and Polartec for the nights. :teacher:

JCBOHON
My DW and I will be "dressed" pirate for the Pirate Night. But then we
will also go full out formal on formal night as it is our anniversary cruise

I agree with WiscBill on the weather. The weather channel had this
week pouring rain every day in its 10 day forcast for Orlando. Now
the forcast is for light rain this morning and no other rain the rest of
the week. If it rains its still going to be in the 80's.

Thanks Lilofan.. for dressing up and for responding :)
ANd thanks to all the optimistic weather folks-that too makes me feel better.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter