January 4th, 2013- 8 night Western out of Galveston

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by BibbidyBobbidyBoo, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Cnolte

Cnolte Earning My Ears

Nope still closed maybe I need to b approved by the admin of the page! I'll wait and see what happens!

Just super excited!my hubby and I cruised without the kids on celebrity last year and had a blast. Finally think the kids are ready for a cruise....or more me ready to let them roam free!:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. platypus6

platypus6 Earning My Ears

It is set to closed (just so the posts aren't visible to everyone cruising facebook). I think I approved you tonight, but if not send me a message and we'll figure it out. :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/317662414999324

4. kgundyfire

kgundyfire Earning My Ears

I am so glad to see someone else bringing their infant on the cruise. Our DS will be 3 months when we head off. Your DD will have a blast - we went on our first Disney cruise last September and the kids are still talking about it.

5. kgundyfire

kgundyfire Earning My Ears

It will be interesting to see what happens with this procedure once the inevitable winter fog causes a delay. On our January cruise last year, the ships' (NCCL and CCL) arrivals were delayed due to heavy fog, and we received a call (just after we'd checked out of our hotel at noon) to not arrive at the port until 6 PM. We spent a lovely afternoon with a leisurely brunch at the Hotel Galvez, walking along the beach and seawall, and doing the carved tree stump tour on our own. We got to the port right about 6 PM; lines were long and we did not get inside the terminal until 7 PM. However, we were on board by 7:30 and the ship cast off at 8:30 PM.[/QUOTE]

Seeing how you went on a cruise last January... How was the weather? Trying to figure out how to pack.

6. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

ahh... I was wondering if we'd have the youngest kid on board... I guess not. :)

Have you cruised with an infant before? DD was 5 when we took her on her first cruise, so we're not really sure what we're in for with this.

7. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

Yeah, I'm wondering what Galveston will be like in January (aside from the aforementioned fog). I'm assuming it will be hit-or-miss weather, like much of the gulf coast.

8. DisneyFan907

DisneyFan907 Earning My Ears

I was also wondering how the Caribbean weather will be in January. I keep reading threads where some people say they thought on previous cruises that it was too cold to swim in the ports! I hope that we don't need to expect to be wearing a jacket on our beach days.. Does anyone know how best to dress in the Caribbean in January on here or should I post this question to the main forum?

9. chimpwars

chimpwars Earning My Ears

We just booked today!! First time cruisers and so incredibly LOST!

We have a 7o and 3yo who will find out Christmas morning we are going on vacation!! Now to learn this board and all I "need" to know :)

10. JenniferC

JenniferC Earning My Ears

We have cruised in Jan the last 2 years. We were able to swim in Grand Cayman. The water was wonderful! My sons swam in cozumel, not me.We didn't swim in Key West,water was too cold. Hope that helps!:cool2:

11. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

Anyone know which nights are designated for pirates and formal on our cruise? Does DCL only have one formal night?

12. chimpwars

I think there's a formal night and a semi-formal night. No idea when they are!

13. riofriotex

riofriotex Earning My Ears

Someone posted about this on another thread - although it may have been on Cruise Critics. Said they called DCL and were told night 2 (Saturday, January 5, at sea) is formal, night 6 (Wednesday, January 9, Costa Maya) is pirates, and night 7 (Thursday, January 10, Cozumel) is semi-formal.

14. riofriotex

riofriotex Earning My Ears

Sorry, I didn't see this until today! Yes, January can be hit-or-miss in Galveston. Last year we were there January 6-8 and the temps ranged from 60 to 75. When we returned on the 15th, the low was 49 (about the time we docked), but even that day, the temperature got to a high of 67 by noon. There was fog on January 8 but not on the 15th.

I also remember wearing my light jacket a couple nights on the cruise while walking outside. But in our ports (Jamaica, Caymen, Cozumel) it was mostly sunny, highs in the 80s. We did get a brief rain shower in Cozumel. I think I wore capris and shirts with 3/4 sleeves for most of the cruise and was quite comfortable.

15. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! Good to know!

16. CAJUNS IN CANADA

CAJUNS IN CANADA Earning My Ears

Just received my itinerary from Disney and it says the Pirate Deck Party is Day 5, Tuesday, Jan 8th, from 9:45 to 10:30. It does not identify the nights for the formal or semi-formal.

17. chimpwars

So who is actually dressing up pirate style for the party? pirate:
    thinking I'll look for costumes after Halloween

18. CAJUNS IN CANADA

CAJUNS IN CANADA Earning My Ears

We will all be dressing up for the Pirates "IN" the Caribbean party. This has been the highlight of our past three sailings!

19. lonestardisney

lonestardisney Earning My Ears

Hello, fellow cruisers! Austin family of 4 here, will be seeing you in January (DH 42, DW 39, DS 9, DD 6). Will send request to join FB group!

20. DisneyFan907

DisneyFan907 Earning My Ears

My boyfriend tends to be a quiet reserved kind of guy, I am thinking of bringing pirate stuff along and not telling him and trying to get him to wear it. I know that he won't if he only sees kids dressing up though, do adults without kids look crazy dressing up like pirates? Or is that pretty normal? I also wanted to do FE, but realized that was more of a family/kid centered activity so decided not to.

21. alaskanabbott

alaskanabbott DIS Veteran

Well DH and I are leaving next Sunday for an adult only cruise and we are totally dressing up for pirate night, and we are doing the FE. In fact there are 4 other adult only couples doing the FE on that trip :thumbsup2