• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

What have you looked at for Grand Cayman?

We have been to Grand Cayman before and did the Stingray City with our son. He thinks my granddaughter will love it, so probably do that again. It was awesome.

Also thinking of doing the Push and Pull Dolphin swim for granddaughter only...not sure where yet. Other than that...just spending time at the beach.

BonnieJG said:
We have been to Grand Cayman before and did the Stingray City with our son. He thinks my granddaughter will love it, so probably do that again. It was awesome.

Also thinking of doing the Push and Pull Dolphin swim for granddaughter only...not sure where yet. Other than that...just spending time at the beach.

We don't do the animal stuff. Those are very popular though. I guess it's the beach for us.

I started looking at shore excursions, but was bummed that until we pay in full we can't see what is actually offered. I called DCL and they confirmed that to be the case. So, I see some things that I would like to take the kids to...like Xel-Ha in Cozumel...but can't confirm that we can actually book it. We have visited Xel-Ha and Tulum...had great experiences with both and really would like to share this with the girls. We did our own excursion to "Hell" and 7-Mile Beach in Grand Cayman....had a ton of fun and it was super easy to navigate. Costa Maya doesn't appear to really be much of port day...I think I remember seeing that we are only there for four hours. We will likely just go ashore and wander a bit. Or maybe we will stay on the ship and enjoy the pools! :rotfl:

David and I leave for Mexico in April...heading to Cozumel and wish that I knew what excursions were possible because we would gladly "test" them for our future trip!

4mousefans said:
I started looking at shore excursions, but was bummed that until we pay in full we can't see what is actually offered. I called DCL and they confirmed that to be the case. So, I see some things that I would like to take the kids to...like Xel-Ha in Cozumel...but can't confirm that we can actually book it. We have visited Xel-Ha and Tulum...had great experiences with both and really would like to share this with the girls. We did our own excursion to "Hell" and 7-Mile Beach in Grand Cayman....had a ton of fun and it was super easy to navigate. Costa Maya doesn't appear to really be much of port day...I think I remember seeing that we are only there for four hours. We will likely just go ashore and wander a bit. Or maybe we will stay on the ship and enjoy the pools! :rotfl:

David and I leave for Mexico in April...heading to Cozumel and wish that I knew what excursions were possible because we would gladly "test" them for our future trip!

Have you looked at the port adventures on the DCL website? That will tell you what excursions they are offering.

I did look on-line and there is a huge number of excursions. We have done the Western before (on the Magic a few years ago) and Xel-Ha was listed as an excursion, but not available for our stop in Cozumel during that cruise. When we saw it listed this time, we decided to call DCL and inquire. The cast member told me that what she saw on her end was identical to what I was seeing, but that not all excusions were offered every cruise. She said that the only way to know what would be offered was to be paid in full and open to book. :confused3

I thought that I might call back and check again...

4mousefans said:
I did look on-line and there is a huge number of excursions. We have done the Western before (on the Magic a few years ago) and Xel-Ha was listed as an excursion, but not available for our stop in Cozumel during that cruise. When we saw it listed this time, we decided to call DCL and inquire. The cast member told me that what she saw on her end was identical to what I was seeing, but that not all excusions were offered every cruise. She said that the only way to know what would be offered was to be paid in full and open to book. :confused3

I thought that I might call back and check again...

Oh ok! Each cruise I've been on had the excursions listed on the site available. Why wouldn't they offer them all?

So it is 12 this morning!!! Last year on the first day of spring it was 85, yesterday we got up to 25! I live near Chicago. So, luv2 and Bonnie, I would LOVE TO live in CA!!!! In fact, I was born there and it was always "home" as I was raised overseas. So anyway, the weather is wicked in the Midwest and the East right now.

In Feb we did the Tacos and Tequila excursion in Cozumel and Stingray City in Grand Cayman. The Cozumel excursion was laid back and pleasant, glad to have done it - but will try something else next time. Stingray City was a great boat - great crew, but the population of stingrays is way down - perhaps a 10th of the number since the last time we were there about 10 years ago. Quite a shame because they are wonderful creatures. If I do that one again I will do it combined with Rum Point. Bob is not a water person nor a drinker - not sure what we will do - since I enjoy drinking and snorkeling!!! Ruins perhaps, Segway tours.

Karyn

Just got off work and didn't manage to get a call in to Disney....will try again in the morning. I know that I have enough time to figure this out, that is for sure. :lmao:

Second day of spring and it is high 20's here...I could really go for the drink of the day and a lounge chair in the Caribbean sun right about now!

4mousefans said:
Just got off work and didn't manage to get a call in to Disney....will try again in the morning. I know that I have enough time to figure this out, that is for sure. :lmao:

Second day of spring and it is high 20's here...I could really go for the drink of the day and a lounge chair in the Caribbean sun right about now!

Wow! So cold! I'm on the phone app so o can't see locations. Where are you?

So I went to the port adventures section on the website and there's only one port adventure for Costa Maya listed! What the heck? There's no ruins listed. Think the website is just messing up?

Pikezh638 said:
Southwest has airfares out to November right now.... Only a few more months :D

Same with Virgin America. I called them and they said 6 months. So glad to be able to use pints for one ticket!

Hello everyone - we just booked this cruise.......thought it might be a little less crowded than the New Year's one :) This will be our 9th DCL Cruise......and our 2nd Western Caribbean......looking forward to doing something different on the excursions when we get to ports!

It will be myself, my DH (EjeG on the DIS), and our DS (13) and DD (10) - looks like a fun group, and will have to try to catch up on the thread when I get a spare few minutes!

:welcome: to the new cruisers!

:banana: We booked our flights :banana:
We've decided to stay a few extra days after the cruise and visit WDW for 3 days :love: Wasn't our original plan, but we're all excited it worked out!

Hello to all fellow cruisers.

We just booked our Christmas 2013 holiday. Canberra (capital of Australia) to Houston for Christmas to surprise my parents who will be on a house exchange in Galveston TX (don't tell!), and then a drive across through Louisiana, Georgia and Florida to the cruise. Any suggestions for routes and particular sights to see would be greatly appreciated.

This is our second cruise. We saw in the 2012 New Year on 'Double Dip' Dream and loved it. Keen also to participate again in the FE.

From Orlando we will then fly to Hawaii for a week and then on home.

Looking forward to seeing all/some of you on the cruise.

Jeremy, Andreana, Geordie (9) and Finn (6).

AussieAussieAussie said:
Hello to all fellow cruisers.

We just booked our Christmas 2013 holiday. Canberra (capital of Australia) to Houston for Christmas to surprise my parents who will be on a house exchange in Galveston TX (don't tell!), and then a drive across through Louisiana, Georgia and Florida to the cruise. Any suggestions for routes and particular sights to see would be greatly appreciated.

This is our second cruise. We saw in the 2012 New Year on 'Double Dip' Dream and loved it. Keen also to participate again in the FE.

From Orlando we will then fly to Hawaii for a week and then on home.

Looking forward to seeing all/some of you on the cruise.

Jeremy, Andreana, Geordie (9) and Finn (6).

Welcome! What a fun adventure!

Not sure if I have posted here yet, but we are a family of 4 and booked on this cruise! We did the 7 night Eastern Cruise last year on the Fantasy and (of course) wanted to follow up with this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter