January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

Hi Adam! My son is also 6! Is your daughter in kindergarten too! We live in Valencia. Your mom told us the kids were about the same age.

She is starting kindergarten in the fall (she actually turns 6 in September). Her birthday is near the cut-off, so we elected to keep her back so she would be one of the older kids as opposed to one of the youngest.

Just looked into flights on Virgin...going there on the Friday before the cruise is over 800 bucks...so probably not the way to go, am I missing something? Why is it so expensive, never flown with Virgin before is this typical pricing or will those prices change?

Just looked into flights on Virgin...going there on the Friday before the cruise is over 800 bucks...so probably not the way to go, am I missing something? Why is it so expensive, never flown with Virgin before is this typical pricing or will those prices change?

Called and checked on this. That means the dates aren't available for booking at coach rates yet. The lower coach rates will be available for booking exactly 6 months prior to your date of travel.

Thanks luv2sleep!! Now I need to decide if I should just book the pretty cheap jet blue flights or wait for the virgin flights to come out.... I'll look at the flight schedules again tonight and then decide which works out best. If rather not have to fly to New York then Florida (jet blue) the virgin flights just stop in la so that isn't bad at all. I guess I will still patiently wait...

Thanks luv2sleep!! Now I need to decide if I should just book the pretty cheap jet blue flights or wait for the virgin flights to come out.... I'll look at the flight schedules again tonight and then decide which works out best. If rather not have to fly to New York then Florida (jet blue) the virgin flights just stop in la so that isn't bad at all. I guess I will still patiently wait...

You're welcome!

We are at WDW for our very first stay and I'm loving it! Got here yesterday. Still haven't made it to a park yet but I'm loving the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower! We saw Wishes from the top floor last night, roasted marshmallows, had a yummy dinner, and road the monorail. Today we are headed to Blizzard Beach!

Ok, I just booked our flights and our post cruise hotel!!!! (I just couldn't wait for those virgin prices and matt really wanted a direct non stop flight). We booked united flights, they were a great price and no stopping, so they won't take quite so long to get there. I think we are leaning toward the Hyatt in the airport for that night and using dcl transfers To get to the ship the next morning. As far as post cruise hotel, we went with the Hilton Orlando, also a great rate and looks like a nice hotel near downtown Disney area.

In other news, is anyone thinking of attending d23? Just bought my tickets this past weekend.

Virgin's schedule for early January came out on Saturday it looks like. Someone posted about it in my thread in the transportation section. I bought my tickets last night. Now I just have to pay the final balance and book excursions! Yay!

We had a fantastic time at WDW! It's way, way better than DL! I had I idea it was going to be so much fun! Not only did we have fun at the parks but we enjoyed our resort immensely. We stayed at a monorail resort. Definitely worth it! Can't wait to go back in January!

Doesn't it feel so nice to finally have that airfare booked!?!?!? I've been going nuts planning lately. I'm trying to figure out our transportation, and our dining for Disney world. I wanted to stay at the airport Hyatt, but right now it seems too pricey for one night pre-cruise. I'm also goig crazy figuring out how to get to port!! If I don't do Hyatt/dcl transfers (over 350 bucks for both of us) then idk what we will do any suggestions!?!?!?

Luv2sleep: welcome back!! Any tips for this Disneyland pro but wdw newbie. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the options and pressure of making those advanced dining reservations! Where do we need to eat? And what times are best so we can still see the night time entertainment. Tips from anyone will be greatly appreciated!

Doesn't it feel so nice to finally have that airfare booked!?!?!? I've been going nuts planning lately. I'm trying to figure out our transportation, and our dining for Disney world. I wanted to stay at the airport Hyatt, but right now it seems too pricey for one night pre-cruise. I'm also goig crazy figuring out how to get to port!! If I don't do Hyatt/dcl transfers (over 350 bucks for both of us) then idk what we will do any suggestions!?!?!?

Luv2sleep: welcome back!! Any tips for this Disneyland pro but wdw newbie. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the options and pressure of making those advanced dining reservations! Where do we need to eat? And what times are best so we can still see the night time entertainment. Tips from anyone will be greatly appreciated!

The Hyatt is that much, huh? How many nights do you need? Where are you staying in WDW? How many nights? Can't you just take the DCL bus from the parks to port?

Dining, oh dining. I'm really not into all of the dining ADR stuff. We didn't do the dining plan and just ate counter service most of the time. We had one ADR for illuminations at La Hacienda in Mexico at EPCOT and walked into to eat at Boma at AKL and the Wave in the Contemporary. I can't get all excited and stressed out over food. It's just not that important. There's lots of tips on the dining threads about this though I'd search there and ask.

In regards to the parks we did no touring plans we just went with the flow and had fun. My favorite parks were HS and AK.I have a small child though. For just an adult vacation ot would be HS, AK, and EPCOT. My kid was bored through world showcase. Those little craft stops meant nothing. I think as a DL vet it makes touring easier because a lot of it is btdt. I didn't feel any touring frenzy. We didn't go on Soarn' because my son was scared this time but we've fine it so much at CA that I was ok with missing it. You will have a blast!

Right now the Hyatt is 229 before taxes and fees...I am hoping that the price will go down before I feel like I must make a reservation. I have a hotel watch on that one :-) Just too much for one night, when there are so many other more reasonable options.

I think I am getting a little caught up in the dining thing when in reality it doesnt matter at all, plus we will probably be so fooded out from the cruise!!! I do want to try to get ADR for le cellier and maybe a couple more. People say you have to get on at 6 am 6 months before, does that mean on pacific time would be 3 am for me???? AHH

We are going to be there for 4 days in the park, going home on Wednesday evening, probably going to just get base tickets no hopper option, we will just do one park each day. If the 2014 packages come out and seem to be worth it we might switch to one of those hotels.

Since we are staying at the Hilton near Downtown Disney, not a Disney hotel, we can't take Disney transportation (is that right, that is what my TA told me). The Hilton does offer extra magic hours though.

Once I get all this transportation stuff figured out I will be on to the excursions! I LOVE PLANNING.

Right now the Hyatt is 229 before taxes and fees...I am hoping that the price will go down before I feel like I must make a reservation. I have a hotel watch on that one :-) Just too much for one night, when there are so many other more reasonable options.

I think I am getting a little caught up in the dining thing when in reality it doesnt matter at all, plus we will probably be so fooded out from the cruise!!! I do want to try to get ADR for le cellier and maybe a couple more. People say you have to get on at 6 am 6 months before, does that mean on pacific time would be 3 am for me???? AHH

We are going to be there for 4 days in the park, going home on Wednesday evening, probably going to just get base tickets no hopper option, we will just do one park each day. If the 2014 packages come out and seem to be worth it we might switch to one of those hotels.

Since we are staying at the Hilton near Downtown Disney, not a Disney hotel, we can't take Disney transportation (is that right, that is what my TA told me). The Hilton does offer extra magic hours though.

Once I get all this transportation stuff figured out I will be on to the excursions! I LOVE PLANNING.

So you are going to WDW afterwards and just need a ore cruise hotel the night before. Have you looked at port canaveral hotels?

I didn't wake up at 3 am, lol. Just get on that day.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Correct we are doing wdw after cruise and just need one night pre-cruise... My biggest issue with the port canaveral hotels is finding a reputable company (not a private car) to use to get from airport to the hotel.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Correct we are doing wdw after cruise and just need one night pre-cruise... My biggest issue with the port canaveral hotels is finding a reputable company (not a private car) to use to get from airport to the hotel.

I'd just bite the bullet and stay at the Hyatt for ease and peace of mind. It is literally inside the airport. I saw it on Sunday. Very cool.

Pretty sure we will, and hopefully te price will drop just a little bit so that I don't even have to think twice about it!

Then all I need to do is figure out how to get from port to wdw...maybe we will rent a car for that portion. :-)

I think we are going to do maya chan in costa maya. Not enough time to go to the ruins. Other excursions are still to be determine ;-)

Pretty sure we will, and hopefully te price will drop just a little bit so that I don't even have to think twice about it!

Then all I need to do is figure out how to get from port to wdw...maybe we will rent a car for that portion. :-)

I think we are going to do maya chan in costa maya. Not enough time to go to the ruins. Other excursions are still to be determine ;-)

Can't the DCL bus take you?

I was told the dcl bus will only take us if we were staying at a Disney resort... We are staying at the Hilton downtown Disney... Anyone know otherwise? :-)

I was told the dcl bus will only take us if we were staying at a Disney resort... We are staying at the Hilton downtown Disney... Anyone know otherwise? :-)

Yes that's true. Does Hilton have. shuttle? Can you book something like Super Shuttle? Can you stay on Disney property at maybe at a value or moderate resort if expense was an issue? Or maybe rent DVC points from somewhere like David's DVC?

We can do super shuttle. I'd rather stay in a nicer hotel than in a super low end Disney hotel just to get the transportation. I'll call the hilton and see what they suggest. If all else fails we can rent a car. Thanks for all the input and help! I appreciate it so much!!!!!!!

We can do super shuttle. I'd rather stay in a nicer hotel than in a super low end Disney hotel just to get the transportation. I'll call the hilton and see what they suggest. If all else fails we can rent a car. Thanks for all the input and help! I appreciate it so much!!!!!!!

Have you thought about renting points for a deluxe? It usually runs $150-$250 per night that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter