January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

luv2sleep said:
There's not a whole lot to it. It's way easier to organize on FB because you can create documents for everyone to see and they can add themselves. Just go and create a doc on FB that has ppl's names, disname, cabin number, number of ppl in the cabin, and ages of each person in the cabin. For kids it helps if ppl indicate if it's a boy or a girl. Some ppl also like to know what ppl's favorite characters are so you can ask ppl to list that too. Before the cruise everyone can print the document and take it with them (I just select, copy, and paste it into a word document if I can't print from there...can't remember if that's a possibility). Sometimes ppl turn the document into a spreadsheet and then you can save it to your computer and print it off that way. After that ppl just decide what they are going to do.

There are general FE's (just deliver whatever you want to ppl), candy FE's, post card FE's (postcard from where you live, write a quick note on it and deliver), and scrapbook FE's (deliver scrapbook stuff to each other...super fun on the Hawaii cruise...Hawaiian themed items, etc.). There are examples of what we did on our Hawaii cruise. I only participated in the candy and postcard groups to cut down on the number of cabins I had to deliver to. There are many other types of groups. I just don't know about them.

I am not participating in the main FE this cruise but if you want me to create a doc to get everyone started on FB I can do that. I would prefer to exchange items between one or 2 cabins with young kids to keep it simple for me but will help you guys in any way I can.

Don't forget to have people mention any allergies that they may have that could impact a FE gift.

Don't forget to have people mention any allergies that they may have that could impact a FE gift.

Yes, you can add that too although homemade food items weren't 'allowed' in any of mine. Just prepackaged sealed stuff. Someone wanted to open up a pack of Girl Scout cookies and put them in baggies and they were told no. I have no idea who makes these rules. With prepackaged labeled items it would be easier to see what something was before opening it to avoid an allergic reaction.

luv2sleep said:
Yes, you can add that too although homemade food items weren't 'allowed' in any of mine. Just prepackaged sealed stuff. Someone wanted to open up a pack of Girl Scout cookies and put them in baggies and they were told no. I have no idea who makes these rules. With prepackaged labeled items it would be easier to see what something was before opening it to avoid an allergic reaction.

I was thinking more of nut allergies or sensitivities to scented stuff or if someone was a diabetic. These things could affect what that cabin was given.... ;)

I would be up to creating the spreadsheet, and then people can edit/ change anything that I forgot. I'll create the doc within the month! Lol give myself a little time (probably do it sooner than later though, cruise planning is much more exciting than grad school stuff lol). I am thinking a general FE, no homemade food would be best.... What is everyone else thinking?

Disneylandfanatic said:
I would be up to creating the spreadsheet, and then people can edit/ change anything that I forgot. I'll create the doc within the month! Lol give myself a little time (probably do it sooner than later though, cruise planning is much more exciting than grad school stuff lol). I am thinking a general FE, no homemade food would be best.... What is everyone else thinking?

I think the FB doc is easier. For some reason when people changed the spread sheet there was a huge mess. You have to change the spread sheet on your computer and re- upload it. There were too many errors. Also only the original user could modify it and make the change stick. The spread sheet was loaded at the end as a final do not change document to then download and take. It's WAY easier to just create a FB doc and have people add their names. Worked on all of my cruise meets.

Disneylandfanatic said:
Yes FB doc is what I meant by spreadsheet. :-)

Oh ok! We actually had both so I was confused! Someone out together some really great ones towards the end that everyone could upload and save. I don't think we need that for a general FE. This was because there were 5 different FEs and 2 weeks worth of a ton of meet activities, etc. someone even uploaded the ships deck plan with everyone's cabin info (ages and which FE they were participating in). That was really helpful. I only used that.

While we are waiting....taking forever!

Anyone have any summer vacations planned? We have a week at WDW in June and 4 nights in Yosemite in July.

Anyone have any summer vacations planned? We have a week at WDW in June and 4 nights in Yosemite in July.

A lot of plans! We're going a 3 day cruise out of Long Beach in 12 days for just a quick getaway with friends. Then we're going on a Tauck Tour of the Canadian Rockies from Vancouver to Calgary in June. Then a 12 day Princess cruise to the British Isles and Normandy in August. Then, of course, our cruise! I've been juggling planning 3 big trips at once!

BonnieJG said:
A lot of plans! We're going a 3 day cruise out of Long Beach in 12 days for just a quick getaway with friends. Then we're going on a Tauck Tour of the Canadian Rockies from Vancouver to Calgary in June. Then a 12 day Princess cruise to the British Isles and Normandy in August. Then, of course, our cruise! I've been juggling planning 3 big trips at once!

You guys are busy! Sounds fun! Is your son and his family going too?

BonnieJG said:

Bonnie, when you get to Calgary, you'll be within a half hour of me!

Bonnie, when you get to Calgary, you'll be within a half hour of me!

That's great. We're meeting up with an online friend who lives in Edmonton. She and her husband will be showing us around the Calgary area for 2 days after our tour ends. Maybe we should all meet-up!

BonnieJG said:
That's great. We're meeting up with an online friend who lives in Edmonton. She and her husband will be showing us around the Calgary area for 2 days after our tour ends. Maybe we should all meet-up!

We'll talk when the time gets closer!

Sounds like great travel plans for the year!!!! We will probably end up doing little last minute things here and there but nothing big planned for us. Lots of sf giants games this year for us :-) can't wait for the season to start. I also want to do a couple days in napa to wine and dine.

No big plans here - may go down to WDW for the Flower and Garden at Epcot for a weekend in the spring and Food and Wine in the fall. Got a reunion in Boston in the summer - but mostly I need to be saving up my PTO for this cruise!

While onboard the Wonder, I took advantage of onboard booking and signed on for the Southern Caribbean in September 2014! I am so excited to see those ports.

Karyn

:rolleyes2 Wow! It's been a long time since I've been here!
:welcome: to all the new people!

:goodvibes We'll be visiting Disneyland in June for 5 days! :p

Sounds like great travel plans for the year!!!! We will probably end up doing little last minute things here and there but nothing big planned for us. Lots of sf giants games this year for us :-) can't wait for the season to start. I also want to do a couple days in napa to wine and dine.

:cool1: We were in Napa Valley (actually "home" for me as that's where i'm from) for a long weekend this month. Brought back some wine in our checked bags... cheaper than shipping! :drinking1

I am hearing crickets on these boards!!

We are going to napa next weekend. I am hoping to visit the lasseter family winery and the silverado vineyards (Diane disney's winery). Plus a few others mixed in. :-)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Anybody book more 2014 cruises after this one? I've for nothing this year but three next year: this one, the 2 night to nowhere, and Alaska.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter