January 2013

If anyone's flying down on southwest, the price of our flights down were reduced today, so I was able to ER a credit of about $36 per person! They have no change fees!

Hi! We are going Jan 2-9 staying in a family suite at All Star Music. This will be our family's fourth trip and my youngest DD's first trip. It is going to be a surprise for Christmas for our older two, they know we are going sometime next year but don't know when. We are planning another trip in June of 2013 and that is when they think we are going, hehe!

We can't wait to get back, it has been 2 years since our last trip!!

Hi! We are going Jan 2-9 staying in a family suite at All Star Music. This will be our family's fourth trip and my youngest DD's first trip. It is going to be a surprise for Christmas for our older two, they know we are going sometime next year but don't know when. We are planning another trip in June of 2013 and that is when they think we are going, hehe!

We can't wait to get back, it has been 2 years since our last trip!!

:welcome: & added

When are you going in June? We had to move our January trip to June, since our oldest DS wants to try wrestling this year. I just got the DH to realize last night, that we are going back in June 2013. We'll probably be there June 10-14. The WDW part of our trip this last year was a surprise, and they were just like, "oh, ok...cool". This time, they'll know about it and I'll let them help pick a few of the ADRs.

If anyone's flying down on southwest, the price of our flights down were reduced today, so I was able to ER a credit of about $36 per person! They have no change fees!

NICE!! I'm not flying Southwest but it's still good to know there aren't change fees for future travel where I might use Southwest!

We are flying on points and ours went down too. We got points back. The only thing that sucks is that we had to buy extra points, which I would not have had to done. We just have extra points for another trip.

One of my flights was cheaper and the other one was more expensive so I didn't get any back :/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

dtr_angel said:
One of my flights was cheaper and the other one was more expensive so I didn't get any back :/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

With southwest, you should be able to just do one, and not the other. That's what I did. My flight home went up so I didn't touch that one.

We have our resort chosen, tickets and dining part of a package and even have photopass share paid for...but we're waiting to book a flight on Virgin America between LAX and MCO. Saw that there's a 20% off sale today, but it doesn't cover our dates of travel. I'm hoping for luck that a 20% off promo code is released like last year...and hopefully that I can use that on top of a Cyber Monday sale after Thanksgiving! :goodvibes

Even during the waiting period until a Disney World, there's still waiting to be done.:headache:

Now that is November, all of us can say in two months we will be in Disney World! :banana:
I can't wait to see sunshine again, I am hoping the sun finally breaks through Sandy this weekend.

Hi! Still pretty new to the boards but thought I would pop in on here. We are headed down for our honeymoon Jan 5-17! First 10 nights at POR followed by a big splurge (for us) at AKL club level. It is both of our first trip, we are from the San Francisco area and are Disneyland annual passholders, but planning this trip has taken on a mind of its own. I'm really glad that we waited to go a few months after our wedding (we got married 10-11-12), it would have been too much to plan the wedding and the trip. Can't wait!

Also, our plans so far are

1/5- arrive, ADR at Raglan Road
1/6- ADR for lunch at Le Cellier and a late dinner at Biergarten (I think this is a little crazy, but the only way we could work the two)
1/7- ADR lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
1/8-Be Our Guest ADR (I made this before we were even sure we could afford to go, I can't wait !)
1/9-ADR for Rosé & Crown, hoping to snag a patio table.
1/10-no ADRs yet, planning to be in MK
1/11- Spirit of Aloha dinner
1/12- Yak and Yeti dinner ADR
1/13- planning on going to Universal for Harry Potter
1/14- no parks planned yet, my just take the day off and explore other resorts, since we will have our rental car at this point.
1/15- planning a pool day for the day we switched resorts. Read on here that some people do that and it sounded like a good idea. We also have ADR at Boma
1/16- no park plans yet, probably just hit whatever we feel we missed or want to revisit. Also, just relaxing, enjoying our savannah view.
1/17- Downtown Disney and then we head home.

Is there anything major we are missing as far as ADRs? There is so many places we want to eat. It's so hard making decisions. Especially this far out.

Hi! Still pretty new to the boards but thought I would pop in on here. We are headed down for our honeymoon Jan 5-17! First 10 nights at POR followed by a big splurge (for us) at AKL club level. It is both of our first trip, we are from the San Francisco area and are Disneyland annual passholders, but planning this trip has taken on a mind of its own. I'm really glad that we waited to go a few months after our wedding (we got married 10-11-12), it would have been too much to plan the wedding and the trip. Can't wait!

I'll be there the same time you are! We're going to the parks on slightly different days though. Staying at POFQ.
I also went to WDW this past January for my honeymoon and yes, it was a big pain to plan a wedding followed by a honeymoon immediately after!

Congrats on the recent wedding!! That is a date that will not be easily forgotten. Oh and I love your username. Penguins are my favorite animal on the planet, closely followed by a few others. Are y'all going to get the bride and groom Mickey ears to wear while you are there?

Heading to the BC with three little kids Jan 2-10. Anyone in the same hotel?

Will there be another adult with you or are you doing WDW with just yourself and three little kids? If you are by yourself, you are braver than I am.

YAY!! Hoping for sunshine for you all!! :goodvibes

I totally agree!! Also, that the power is totally restored before the weather gets too cold. I know there are still some areas without power.

I hope everyone is having as great of a weekend as we are. Even though this is a NASCAR weekend for us, which is normally anything but magical since I can see the track from my front porch. My sister is a document review lawyer and was working on a case that her firm just rented a bunch of rooms at a hotel down the street from the court house for since they were working such crazy hours. Well the trial got over sooner than they thought and the rooms had been paid for. Since the hotel wouldn't give them the money back on the days they weren't going to use, they offered us one of the rooms for the weekend. My DH didn't feel comfortable leaving the boys two nights with his parents (since his dad is having health issues again) so we just did one night. It was really nice to be out of the house for the night, and was the hotel that JKF slept in the night before his assaassination.

letthewookiewin said:
Congrats on the recent wedding!! That is a date that will not be easily forgotten. Oh and I love your username. Penguins are my favorite animal on the planet, closely followed by a few others. Are y'all going to get the bride and groom Mickey ears to wear while you are there?.

That was the hope when we picked the date. Penguins are my favorite animal, too! I want to get the ears but I doubt my husband will wear them. We are big Star Wars fans and I have the R2D2 ears with my Mrs. New last name and our date stitched on them.

NateTiff said:
I'll be there the same time you are! We're going to the parks on slightly different days though. Staying at POFQ.
I also went to WDW this past January for my honeymoon and yes, it was a big pain to plan a wedding followed by a honeymoon immediately after!

This is our first trip to WDW and it's a huge difference than our quick trips to DL every few months. I used EasyWDW as a guide when deciding what parks to visit on which days. Plans could change.

POR January 27th till February 1st can't wait!! Will be sharing the magic with family for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter