1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

January 2013

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by letthewookiewin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

Yeah, if I still lived in NYC or Philadelphia I'd be less excited about the restaurants. But, where I live right now, we barely even have any typical chain places to eat at, much less anything special.

I'm a super-heavy planner. I have a spreadsheet laid out that schedules my January trip hour by hour. I probably won't follow it exactly, but I like to have the plan to fall back on.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

As the years have gone by, more visits, and DD growing up, our approach has changed. We still like TS for dinner, and I do " plan" to the extent of where we think we want to visit on which day, but having the luxury of visiting five years in a row gave us our "fix" lol. After a two year hiatus, where we took a Bermuda cruise and a FABULOUS AbD trip to London /Paris, we are returning to WDW.

This trip is the first time for us in January, so that in of itself will be different! We also met wonderful cast members on our AbD trip that we are planning to visit while we are there, so their schedule will decide on some of our plans.

I'm hoping we will be able to eat at a few of our favorites. If not, staying at the Dolphin helps, since there are great dining options in that entire area!

(Or... We wing it and eat better when we return home. LOLOLOL. )

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

4. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Yep! We are very spoiled to live in the middle of the great melting pot of cuisine ! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. babynala

babynala DIS Veteran

That sounds like a great way to max out your DxDP. Yummy. Can't wait to hear which will be your favorite.

6. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

We haven't had access to much great cuisine for most of our marriage, so Disney dining is a lot of fun for us.
    Even though our trip isn't set in stone, I have an ADR scheduled for pretty much every day that we will probably be there. I have 14 scheduled right now for a 12 day trip.
    Maybe we don't know exactly what we're going to want to eat 6 months in advance, but I usually know where I won't want to eat. Even though you can probably find somewhere to eat at the last minute, your options are much more limited. By planning them in advance, I can make sure that we have a good variety throughout the trip. For example, when I went with my family the last time, I gave my youngest siblings a list of places I knew had things on the menu they would eat. Instead of my brother saying "I want pizza" at every meal like he did on our last trip, we got him to branch out and eat at Sci Fi Dine In and Biergarten.
    With my husband it's easier, since he'll eat just about everything. I just have to make sure that he has at least one opportunity to order a steak, a burger, and some fish & chips.

7. mya174

mya174 Earning My Ears

Need advice. Unfortunately, we are dropping one park day. Now we are only doing 3 park days. I was concerned about being overtired and stressed since we are driving down. We will be there from the 21-25th. We are doing 2 days MK but now need to decide between Epcot and DHS for the 3rd. I have 3 boys (8,5,& 2 years) and my husband. It is their first trip but my 3rd. Just wanted it to be good for them. I imagine I could cram another park in but I want it to be a little laid back. Well, as laud back as can be with 3 boys! Thanks!!

8. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

I'd recommend 1 day at MK, 1 day at Epcot, and 1/2 day at HS and AK. OR....if you have park hoppers I'd do 1.5 days at MK, 1/2 day at Epcot, and 1/2 day at HS and AK. I'd look at the crowd calendar at easywdw.com to see which parks are slower when and plan my visits according to where people aren't...if possible!

9. Babka

Babka Czeching out the DIS boards!

Please add me to the page 1 list under "arriving the week of January 20-26"

We'll be there Jan. 23-30, and staying at the CSR.

10. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

:welcome: & added

11. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

Hi there! I would def do two full days at MK and then a full day at Epcot...my kids are 4, 3 and 1 and Epcot and MK are their favs. There isn't much at DHS for kids under 5 or 6..at least not to make a full day out of. AK is also fun but we get it done in 3 hrs when we go. :thumbsup2

12. Chocolab23

Chocolab23 Disney Dreaming

We have reservations at 1900 Park Fare that same evening :goodvibes

13. Chocolab23

Chocolab23 Disney Dreaming

We're going from January 26-February 2!!

14. mya174

mya174 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice! It helps a lot. :)

15. letthewookiewin

16. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Headed to WDW January 25-29th, staying at AoA Finding Nemo!!

17. letthewookiewin

I'll get you adde later. I'm not sure if I can edit my post from my iPhone. The hubby is feeling needy and I'm playing SW:tOR with him.

18. Lisally3

Lisally3 Earning My Ears

We are heading down for a 5 night stay Jan. 18-23 staying at AoA LM room. My in-laws are staying in LK suite with my BIL and nephew. My parents are staying in king room at CBR. My DH and DD (both 8) went for 7 nights in Feb 2012 and stayed at POP. We saw AoA in the distance and are so excited to be staying here this trip. We still can't believe everyone is coming with us. I was able to make ADR's for all 10 of us. I changed some of them to things I knew our nephew would really enjoy (or at least I hope he will)...

Fri-Epcot, no ADR
    Sat-HS, dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, MK at night
    Sun-AK, breakfast Rainforest Cafe, HDDR dinner, MK at night
    Mon-Epcot, HS, Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch, Sci-Fi dinner
    Tues - MK, Chef Mickey's late breakfast, O'Hana dinner

We did some of these last visit but mostly they are new places. We did every princess dining experience last time, so we didn't need to do those again this time. Hoping the last night we get to Poly in time to watch fireworks on the beach and then go to 8:30 reservations. I've never been to Poly for fireworks, but I've read about so many peopel doing this. Hope it's worth it and fun and works out with ADR.

It's hard making all the plans for everyone in a party of 10, but they're all leaving it up to me. It's a lot of pressure b/c I don't want anyone to be disappointed! Anyway, anything that stands out as not being a good idea or maybe an idea to make things better, please let me know!

Thanks!

19. KuyaJeff

KuyaJeff Mouseketeer

Hi, just wondering if you could change our resort from CSR to AKL :)

20. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Thank You!

21. letthewookiewin

Sorry it took so long. Like I said before, the DH just insisted that I play SW:tOR with him all weekend. The only time that I really stopped was Saturday night, when my youngest wanted me to make the mushroom risotto from Le Cellier and I had to go to the store to buy the stuff and then make it.

We stayed at the Pop on our trip this past June, and every time we drove by AoA, I wished it had been open for our trip. It just looked so cool!!

Gotcha changed :thumbsup2