January 2013

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by letthewookiewin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

So where's everybody eating? We often plan our park days around our ADRs, so needless to say, we love Disney food!

We got the stay, play and dine deal, so we've got 8 TS credits to use. So far we've got:
    Biergarten (family tradition, husbands' grandparents grew up in Germany).
    Ohana (another tradition. One of our most favorite meals on property).
    Sci Fi Diner (ate there for the first time last year. Loved the burgers, shakes and atmosphere).
    Tusker House dinner (have loved breakfast, but haven't tried the dinner yet).
    Cinderella's royal table (never been! I jokingly asked the boys if they'd dine in the castle with the princesses for mom, and they both surprisingly just shrugged and said "sure". I'm so excited!!!!!)

So we've got 2 more credits to use. Have thought about hoop de doo review, but hate to have 2 two credit meals. Also thought about TRex, maybe the microbrew place on the Boardwalk, maybe Chef Mickeys...decisions, decisions.

To add to the excitement this trip, we're taking my mother in law, then my sister in law and her family decided to go (2 DD, 15 and 11), and now one of my husbands friends and his family and parents are coming, too (2DD, 6 and 2).

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. javert78

javert78 We've got magic to do!

Those sound really good. I'm looking forward to our dining reservations a lot, too. Hoping it's an easy plan for where we are and what we're doing.

Sunday arrival day counter service at MK
    Monday - Sci-fi lunch, Ohana dinner
    Tuesday - Via Napoli dinner
    Wednesday - Be Our Guest dinner
    Thursday - Sanaa lunch, Tokyo dinner

4. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Ok how bad am I??? I have the room and the flights. That is it. Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. Li Li

Li Li Mouseketeer

Hubby and I are staying at Kidani Village January 28-30, 2013. His boss is just giving us her DVC points!!! How awesome is that?! We've never stayed at DVC property before, but this will be our 6th year in a row going to Disney.

6. wuzzy6

wuzzy6 Mom to the Fab 4

We are staying 7d/6n and have 6TS credits to use. We have ADRs for the following:

Monday - Teppan Edo
    Tuesday - 50s PTC
    Wednesday - Biergarten
    Thursday - Le Cellier (2 credits)
    Friday - 'Ohana

I'm stoked about all of them, except for 50s PTC - still thinking about possibly changing that one for something else.

7. redoschi

redoschi Mouseketeer

We're staying for 11 nights with S/P/D, but at Pop and QSDP.

Our CS credits will cover most lunches/dinners and some breakfasts as well (we'll be in the parks for only 7.5 of those days as the others are for Universal and Sea World).

But, this is WDW and there is no way I could go without some ADRs! We're doing the following OOP:

Saturday Jan 26th - Ohana breakfast
    Monday Jan 27th - Sci-Fi Lunch
    Friday Feb 1st - T-Rex Dinner
    Sunday Feb 3rd - Be Our Guest Dinner
    Tuesday Feb 5th - Le Cellier Lunch (last day and after lunch is back to hotel for Magical Express)

Have also planned Beaches & Cream for Saturday Feb 2nd Lunch but that one isn't an ADR. Same with the great Sea World restaurant: Sharks Underwater Grill!

8. mickeyplanner

mickeyplanner DIS Veteran

Have you thought about Cape May for dinner or the Garden Grill? I would recommend that Garden Grill over Chef Mickey's unless you really want to see all the characters. Garden Grill is just more relaxing since it is served family style over Chef Mickey's.

9. mickeyplanner

10. shecup

shecup Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, I just booked our flights last night for our first family trip to Disney January 6-12! woo hooooooooooo :cheer2: We're staying at the POFQ. Things seem to be falling into place. Now what do we do for the next 2 1/2 months? :rolleyes1

11. Li Li

Li Li Mouseketeer

Just ate at 50s PTC in Sept; I would definitely recommend! I thought the food was great.

12. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

We likes 50's too. LOVE the pot roast! The last time we were there, my youngest wasn't quite 2 and was being his usual fussy self. Another waitress came by and tries to distract it, and when he was uncooperative with her, she turned his high chair facing away from the table. The look on his face was absolutely hysterical. ;)

I'm excited-I was able to switch our Southwest flight down to a non-stop one. it wouldn't give me the current advertised price, but at least now I have the flight I want. We did save a whole $1.60 per ticket. :) and we get to leave an hour later and get there an hour earlier, so it's definitely worth it!!

13. ButterflyJen

ButterflyJen Mouseketeer

We are on the S/P/D plan & have 6 table credits to use. Our ADRs...

Monday - 'Ohana dinner
    Wednesday - Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
    Thursday - 1900 Park Fare dinner (older DD's request)
    Friday - Cinderella's for breakfast (younger DD's birthday request)
    Saturday - breakfast at Chef Mickey's before we hit the road

Our first visit to WDW so we are trying to hit the "big" meals, but have some fun too!

14. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

We will be at POR from Dec 30 - Jan 5, also:goodvibes We have been to WDW many times, but this is our first New Years trip. I do know that MK will have new Years eve fireworks on both the 30th and 31st, with the 31st being totally packed. We are looking at going to DHS for New Years eve, they normally do not have fireworks but will on New Years eve. Of course with 2 little DD's we probably will not make it to the fireworks:) Have a great trip and have a Happy Disney World New Year:goodvibes

15. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

:welcome: & added
    That is awesome!! I would love a boss like that.

:welcome: & added

:welcome & added

16. mickeyplanner

Ok I admit, I am behind on reading Disney's Park Blog. I just read about the 2013 Limited Time Magic. So where do I go next for more information but on the Dis. So will we be lucky enough to have some special weeks planned for January 2013?

17. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

Just to let everyone know, I'm not sure how much I will be on the boards this next week. Tomorrow the hubby and I are going to the Dallas Comic Con :-)love: Sean Astin :love:) and then I am going out for a girls night. Then starting Sunday, I am able to access my finals. Luckily, I am able to do them at home, sitting on my bed, in my Mickey PJs.

18. DanInMN

DanInMN Mouseketeer

We (myself, wife, and exchange student) will be at POR from 1/26 - 1/30 on the S/P/D program. It's a slow time of year, and we rarely stay onsite, so we will try the Extra Magic Hours days - hoping it won't be too crowded. The plan is...

1/26 ME to POR, explore the resort, swim if it's warm enough, and visit DTD. Boatwrights Dining Hall at POR for dinner.
    1/27 MK, dinner at Crystal Palace
    1/28 DHS, dinner at Mama Melrose's
    1/29 Epcot, dinner at Biergarten
    1/30 ME to airport

I wish we could stay longer and relax at the resort, but money is tight. Very happy to get airfare for $196 per person round-trip and S/P/D discount!

19. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

I'm doing DxDP for my January trip, so food is a big highlight for me too. :thumbsup2 I'm hitting just about every signature meal, character breakfast, and dinner show there is.

My ADR list:
    1/8 - 8:30PM Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue
    1/9 - 11:30AM Hollywood Brown Derby
    1/9 - 5:30PM Jiko
    1/10 - 8:05AM Tusker House
    1/10 - 8:05PM Flying Fish Cafe
    1/11 - 8:05AM Cinderella's Royal Table
    1/11 - 8:15PM Citrico's
    1/12 - 8:15AM Akershus Banquet Hall
    1/12 - 6:15PM Bistro de Paris
    1/13 - 10:15AM 1900 Park Fare
    1/13 - 6:00PM Garden Grill
    1/14 - 7:40AM Cape May Cafe
    1/14 - 9:35PM Narcoossee's
    1/15 - 8:05AM Crystal Palace
    1/15 - 8:00PM Spirit of Aloha
    1/16 - 9:20PM Artist Point
    1/17 - 9:20AM Ohana
    1/17 - 6:00PM Yachtsman Steakhouse
    1/18 - 9:00 AM Chef Mickey's

20. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Wow! Very impressive!!! We are the opposite. Lol. One or two ADR the most. We are spoiled with wonderful restaurants in our area, so food isn't high on our WDW priority list. Or, as DH says, "I don't know what I feel like eating a few days in advance - how the heck will I know MONTHS in advance.!?!" Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

We are the same way, not big into ADR's maybe 1 or 2 for an 8 day trip, and those are mainly character ones for our DD's. We really do not like spending all that time inside a TS restuarant. We use to plan everything and now we enjoy it more when we do not have the days totally planned out.:eek: