January 2013

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by letthewookiewin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. EpcotIsMyFave

EpcotIsMyFave Mouseketeer

Wow! I just found this thread and I am 50 days out! (49 actually, since we are driving to the airport in Chicago the night before since we have a 6:05 AM flight) :yay:

We are going the 22-30 of January and staying at Pop on the s/p/d deal, upgraded to the regular DDP after seeing the cost of a meal at CRT!

This is a surprise for the kids and we are telling them on Christmas day - I can't wait, I am so very excited!!!!!! :hyper:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeyplanner

mickeyplanner DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the tips, we will be back in 34 days and we got our Mickey Mail over the weekend.

4. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

Everything came together this time for me, so they do change it sometimes. Past visits I did receive 2 separate mailing as you describe above.:)

5. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

:welcome: & added
    A girls weekend sounds like so much fun!!

Have you decided how you are telling them on Christmas day? I can't wait to hear how excited, I'm sure they will be. Heck, if someone did that for me on Christmas, I would be.

6. mom of lil princess

mom of lil princess Mouseketeer

Mine came today in the mail and luggage tags and booklet were all together..

7. Penguin312

Penguin312 Earning My Ears

We received our ME packet on Saturday and then luggage tags and package info today. A month and a few days. I can barely contain the excitement.

8. mickeyplanner

To add to the excitment of our upcoming January trip, we received the 2013 Planning DVD in the mail today. :woohoo:

9. haPevraftr

haPevraftr DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! We leave in 24 days!!!!!!!:cool1:

10. niffer5150

niffer5150 Mouseketeer

32 days left to go and i'm dying to get our mickey mail. this is awful. everyday I rush to the mail box only to find it chock full of disappointment. how do you kill time and distract yourself? I swear im worse than a 6 year old on xmas eve.

11. letthewookiewin

That is awesome!! I think I'll order one for our June 2013 trip.

12. SgtsWifeandmommyof4

SgtsWifeandmommyof4 Mouseketeer

I know we are all counting down the days now. YAY!!:woohoo: Im so excited for our trip and for everyone that is about to embark on magical adventures of your own! I wanted to ask a question if I may. My family has only taken 1 vacation before. We drove for 27 hours to MA when DH came home from Afghanistan last time. Packing was eh. lol I only had 3 kids, it was still pretty warm so summer clothes were small and in full swing. Ive begun packing but man am I overwhelmed! We have another baby now and while his clothes are small, he comes with so much stuff! :eek:

My question is, do any of you have a system for this? Oh and I should mention this trip is a surprise so packing has to be in secret......which makes things harder.

13. kdog_1981

kdog_1981 Mouseketeer

You can always do laundry at the resort. I did this last time and worked out great!

14. SgtsWifeandmommyof4

SgtsWifeandmommyof4 Mouseketeer

Very true. I cringe to think about opening 4 bags of boys clothes when we get back. :crazy2: It would be nice to clean everything the night before and just have them put their things away when we get home.

15. mickeyplanner

I agree that you should order one to help pass the time for June. Who doesn't like getting mail from Disney? Go for it. :thumbsup2

16. letthewookiewin

My DH b/c he thinks it's filling my head with more ideas for more trips. :lmao:

17. EpcotIsMyFave

EpcotIsMyFave Mouseketeer

Have you decided how you are telling them on Christmas day? I can't wait to hear how excited, I'm sure they will be. Heck, if someone did that for me on Christmas, I would be.
    [/QUOTE]

We are going to have a balloon in a box with a note attached to the ribbon and (hopefully!) it will pop up when they open it. I do need to figure out how to get a helium filled balloon on Christmas Eve... We are also including a countdown chain in the box a well so they will know exactly how many more sleeps! I am so excited I can't stand it! I know my DH will be thrilled when they know so I'll have someone else to talk to about it! ;)

18. mickeyplanner

All the more reason to order:)

19. jrtoastyman

jrtoastyman Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Party supply stores sell miniature disposable helium tanks that are just intended to fill a small number of balloons, not very expensive at all. You might even be able to find them at Target/Walmart.

20. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

I am getting so excited!! 37 days!! Got most of the ADRs we wanted-trying a few new places this trip-Raglan Road, CRT, Tusker house dinner, and still trying to get a late morning breakfast to Chef mickeys on our departure day. If I knew what park the kids would want to goto that morning, I'd just make a breakfast ADR there, but my inner freak-planner is going to try not to stress about it. :) maybe one will open up, or we can find one that week.

21. letthewookiewin

That's what I was thinking. I don't know about Target, but I have seen the small ones at Wal Mart. Then you could have a Mickey one and green and red ones.