January 2013

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by letthewookiewin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. babynala

babynala DIS Veteran

How exciting! What a great surprise for the kids. I admit that I am an over-packer but on our last trip I really planned what the kids would be wearing each day and put everything they needed in a big zip lock bag, including socks and underwear. It helped me fit everything in and not pack too many extra clothes. It also made it easier for the kids to get themselves dressed in the morning. Doing laundry is always on option so pack quarters and some travel size thing of laundry soap. :laundy:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CammelleandBre

CammelleandBre Mouseketeer

Can I join? I will be at pop Jan. 19-28 with my dd for her 10th birthday.

4. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

:welcome: & added

What a fund birthday surprise!! How are y'all going to tell her?

5. soontobewed07

soontobewed07 DIS Veteran

40 days woot!

6. CammelleandBre

I have no idea, suggestions are welcome.:rotfl:

7. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

FYI I just posted a ton of adrs over on the cancellation page yesterday. If anyone has a trip planned and is trying to get adrs for jan 2-11th it may be worth checking out.

8. EpcotIsMyFave

EpcotIsMyFave Mouseketeer

Thanks! We will check that out! We have a couple of the Mickey shaped balloons from a while back, so we may try those, or get a couple mylars since I know those usually stay floating in my ceiling for weeks....

I love that now when I'm on the dining reservations webpage stalking BOG ressies I only have to click to change the calendar once! :rotfl:

9. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

It'll depend on how soon you want to tell her. You could do like EpcotIsMyFave and put balloons in a box with a note attached to it that says you are going to Disney World. If you did it on Christmas, you could also do like she is and add a countdown chain. When we were going to go on our oldest DS's birthday, we were going to wait until we were headed to the airport. We were going to act like we were taking the DSs to a doctor apt and then give my DS a birthday card. It was going to be from Mickey inviting him to spend his birthday at Disney World. You could try that, if you wanted to wait until the last minute. You could even have her open several birthday presents that are all things she could use on a WDW trip.

10. pkf4bucs

pkf4bucs Mouseketeer

Received my travel package from Disney Saturday. 31 days out and ready to go!!

11. Scottiesmommy08

Scottiesmommy08 Mouseketeer

34 days left for us! Jan 16-20 @POP :cool1:

12. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

We are in the teens now. 19:cheer2::laundy:

13. dakotix

dakotix Mouseketeer

26 days for us!

14. Andreia

Andreia You're never too old to become younger!

Yay! Only 17 days left!

15. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ DIS Veteran

H & I just booked a last minute, adults-only, long weekend in WDW from 1/24 to 1/27!

We're going to be there for my 30th birthday :cloud9:

This will be our 2nd trip to the World... our first was last month with our 3 girls and we are HOOKED ON DISNEY! :rotfl:

I really wanted to do something special for my 30th and we were looking at going to Mexico for 3 nights, but we had so so so much fun last month that we decided to just go back!

We are doing a more budget friendly trip this time since it's just the two of us. We are staying at Pop (previously stayed at AoA- Nemo) and are doing the DDP (previously did the DxDP -- NEVER AGIAN, toooooo much food!)

Here's our schedule:

Thursday 1/24: Arrive @ MCO from Newark around 4:30p. Check in to hotel and head to DTD for the night. Use 1 counter service meal for dinner.

Friday 1/25: Be @ MK for Rope Drop (opens @ 9), 9:50 breakfast @ Crystal Palace (new for us), lunch will be 2 snack credits, 5:30 dinner @ Cape May Cafe Clam Bake, then off to Epcot for EMH until 11p.

Saturday 1/26 (My birthday!): Breakfast at Pop, 8a EMH @ DHS, head over to MK around noon, CS lunch at BOG, back to our hotel around 6, get changed and head to Poly for Wishes on the beach @ 8 and 'Ohana birthday dinner at 8:40p. Back to the hotel after dinner

Sunday 1/27: Our flight leaves @ 8:10a, so we will be up & out early.

We have a jam packed 3 days, but that's what I wanted. If I wanted to lay down and relax I would have stuck with our original plan of heading to an all inclusive in Mexico :laughing:

I'm happy to join you & excited to have another Disney Vacation countdown going on!!! :love:

16. dawnhaze

dawnhaze DIS Veteran

I got my travel documents from my AAA agent the other day. Less than a month to go!

17. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

29 days and we havnt gotten our tickets, etc. magical express info came last week but that's it. I'm stressing!!

18. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

Which ticket are you waiting for :surfweb: Your booklet with vouchers? May be it will come today.:wizard:

19. Spunky946

Spunky946 DIS Veteran

37 days here. We have all of our Adr's and plans. Nothing left to do but wait. Hurry up and get here.

20. CammelleandBre

37 days for us too!!

21. T&G1994

T&G1994 Mouseketeer

19 DAYS FOR US!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:
    Donald is almost off the ticker.:banana::banana: