January 2013

Discussion in 'Countdowns and Live Reports' started by letthewookiewin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BanditsMommy

BanditsMommy Mouseketeer

20 days left for me! I can't wait! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MollyBelle09

MollyBelle09 Earning My Ears

Us too! :) yay!!

4. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

Yep. Very (im)patiently waiting! :)

5. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

Ok, shoooo, crisis averted, Mickey mail came today!! It hasn't helped that I've been home sick the last two days, and stalking the mailman. ;)

6. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

:welcome: & added

My DH wanted to do an adult only cruise to Mexico. Then I opened my mouth about until we can afford more than one vacation a year, and since our DSs are getting so close to not living at home any more, I don't want to spend any vacations dollars are trips that don't include the DSs. We did a long weekend at WDW for our 5th year anniversary and I loved it. Hopefully, we can do it again one day.

7. soontobewed07

soontobewed07 DIS Veteran

33 days here!!!! ADRs booked but may need changing not thrilled with all of them but my mom is coming and it's her first trip in 13 years and its our DDs 1st trip she'll be 6 months old .

Is it bad I'm already checking weather trends?

8. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

If you guys eat chinese, you can type up your own fortune and stick it a fortune cookie. I did this on our anniversary and my DW absolutely loved it, she still has the fortune:)

9. ButterflyJen

ButterflyJen Mouseketeer

End of the month trip means 43 days till we leave...ACK! Thank goodness for Christmas to keep us busy for awhile yet!!

10. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

Just added another day to our trip, now Jan 1 - 8:dance3:

11. letthewookiewin

Gotcha updated :thumbsup2

12. CammelleandBre

CammelleandBre Mouseketeer

Thank you, for all the suggestions.:goodvibes Coming up with a reveal is way harder than I thought it would be.:confused3

13. letthewookiewin

On trip this last June, the WDW part of the trip was a surprise. We told the DS that we were going to stop and see DH's cousin on the way to Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. We would spend a night in Orlando, just b/c it was too far to get to Cocoa Beach. We wouldn't be doing WDW due to the cost. The day before we were due to check into the Pop Century, we checked into a hotel down the street from WDW. That night we went to Downtown Disney to see the new Men In Black movie, and we told the DSs that was the only Disney we could do that trip. The DH even had us stop into a candy store to get a "Disney fix". The next morning when we were "driving" to Cocoa Beach, we told the boys we were still going to Cocoa Beach only after we spent 5 days at WDW first. At first they were like, "mom, it's too expensive". Once we assured them that was the plan all along, they were like, "oh, that's cool." They were 13 & 14 at the time, so I was just glad they were at least happy about it.

14. BanditsMommy

BanditsMommy Mouseketeer

Add me for January 2-8th at AKL please! I'm so excited that I was able to get AKL for a decent price. :woohoo::banana::yay::dance3:

There's been a lot of happy dancing around my house when the fiance isn't looking. He still doesn't know where we're staying!

15. kdog_1981

kdog_1981 Mouseketeer

Awesome we are heading down on the Jan 2nd as well!

16. letthewookiewin

Did you book a standard room or one of the savanna rooms? We were going to stay at the AKL /w an Arusha view for June 2013, but then I decided to shorten the trip. Since we'll only be going to the MK and Epcot I changed to the CR /w TPV. When I told my DH he actually got a little excited....about the bathroom when I showed him a room layout. On our last trip, we stay at the Pop Century and both hated the claustrophobic-ally tiny bathroom. When he saw the size of the bathrooms at the CR he was very happy.

17. BanditsMommy

BanditsMommy Mouseketeer

Thank you!

I booked a standard view because it was over $1000 cheaper than standard view with the 35% discount. I've heard there are lots of viewing locations around the resort, so I hope that will satisfy my animal fix and make me feel like I'm not missing out! I might see if I can pay for an upgrade after a few days if I feel like I'm really missing something. Do you think I'd be able to do that?

PS. I'm SUPER jealous about CR. I've been dying to stay there, but my sensible side knows I just can't handle the cost yet.

18. letthewookiewin

Well, this is the last WDW trip we are taking for a while. The main reason is b/c I want to see the new Fantasyland. We're only doing 4 days, including arrival and departure. Luckily, we're driving so we can stay as long as we want to that last day. The arrival and third day, we'll do the MK. The 2nd and last day will be Epcot. It just makes sense for such a short trip, and only doing the MK and Epcot, having the monorail access.

19. Volne

Volne Earning My Ears

I'll be going jan 19-25 and staying at BWV! Four 20 year olds in the world for a week, what awesome things are we planning?!

20. letthewookiewin

I'm running a few Hunny-do errands for the DH this morning. I'll get ya added as soon as I get home.

Your trip does sound like a lot of fun!!

21. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

I posted on the other thread but am posting here. I was invited to a training in Orlando for work on the 8th and 9th of Jan. I am turning it into a trip and arriving on the 5th leaving on the 7th( but will still be in Orlando).

Is there any meet ups going on or anyone who wants an honorary family member!?? LOL! I need friends!