January 2013 Discounts

I guess I got lucky and had a CM who knew a thing or 2. After getting cut off the first time :mad:, I called again and was on hold for 30 mins, only to hear, when the CM answered that the system was down. I told her I was hoping to change my reservation and was cut off the first time, and she said, oh, you just want to make a change? I think I can do that, and she did!! YAY! Saved about $750 on AKL Pool view, 3 Disney Adults 1 Child, 7 nights.

So what would be different for them between making a new reservation and changing an existing one? I really don't understand their system. Glad you got your discount, though.

I've been on hold for 20 minutes. Apparently the first CM this morning messed up my reservation, and now they are trying to fix it....AAAAHH! I've had this booked since August!:scared:

YAY!!! FINALLY got through to someone who knew what I was talking about :rotfl: Got the marathon weekend, that is a huge relief for me!!

babynala said:
Is anyone seeing that the s/p/d option gives them a greater discount then what they would pay for a RO discount plus tickets plus dining or is the s/p/d promotion just basically the room discount plus the non-discounted cost of tickets and the dining plan?

I called over the weekend to price it out and the CM must have quoted me the RO only because I said I thought it would be less than that. So she said "Let me price the other offer", which was the s/p/d. It was much less, but she said I was the first person that day that it had been less for. She said it was because both of our kids are "adults" - 11 & 14. Originally quoted me $3100 for 8 nights at Pop for four with 7 day base tix and Qsdp. S/p/d was $2500. In the good old free dining days, it would've been a few hundred less still.

Whew! Thank goodness for awesome CMs. Got my reservation fixed and she applies the s/p/d. Double Whew! :cool1:

2 adult 2 kids
6 nights POR Royal Guest
Deluxe Dining
4 day park base tix

Before discount 3256
after discount 2631

Just finished my reservation saved 1200 dollars :) on a 9 day stay 4 adults all star movies with qsd sooo happy, didn't have to wait call went through immediately, I called to the Spanish call center

Is anyone seeing that the s/p/d option gives them a greater discount then what they would pay for a RO discount plus tickets plus dining or is the s/p/d promotion just basically the room discount plus the non-discounted cost of tickets and the dining plan?

Yes. Stay play and dine saved us nearly $250 over the room only discount for the same package (6 nights CBR, 2 adults, park hoppers, standard dining package).

So I'm now stuck, I think. I had two PINs on file as well as the discounts that came out today. I've ended up booking two different ones to sort out what I want without the pressure of the CM on the phone waiting on me:

Booking 1: Free QSDP
10 nights, Pop, 2 adults, 7-day tickets, Free QSDP upgraded to DDP: 2168.24

Booking 2: Room-only
10 nights, Pop, 2 adults: 890.25, add in 7-day tickets of 613: 1503.25

I'm not sure which one we will want. DBF loves his food and we have dining reservations with the hopes of FD.

Th S/P/D option for PORS came to 3172.06 so it just was not on the table for us. We would be willing to do a split stay since the first few days we won't even need our DDP, so a RO would work for us, but we'd prefer to be at a Mod for the last week of our stay.

Here is what I got after booking first thing this morning...I hope it is right. 7 nights POFQ, 7 day base tickets and the regular dining plan for 2 adults and 3 children (7,4,2) $2801.16. Still not as great as free dining but I will take it at this point.

I just got off the phone. I called at 8:19 and was on hold about 10 minutes. When the CM answered I told her I had heard they came out with a new package deal today and I wanted to book a trip for January. She said they did have new deals today.
I gave her the dates, hotel, and tickets I wanted. She did try to push the deluxe dining plan, but was fine when I said I wanted to regular. She also put in a room with a king bed, but I had her switch it to standard. It was worth saving the extra $140 to me. Here is what I booked.

Coronado Springs, Jan. 4-9, standard room, 5 day park hopper, reg. dining plan $1719

It was $1859 for a King room. For those interested, it would have been 2303 w/ the king room and deluxe dining.

For how many people? Just curious.....I booked the same thing but for 5 people (adults) and it ran about $3400 so I'm assuming you have less people.

So excited!! When I got through, my CM Zena was great!! She priced out a few packages for me and I am thrilled with the deal we got!!

2 adults, 2 children at CBR for 7 nights with park hoppers and deluxe dining plan - $3248, saved us over $750.

Eeeekk!!

I hope everyone gets the deals/savings they were hoping for!!

2 adults ... 7 nights...prefered room at pop with dinning package and 6 day hoppers for 1999.56 :)
Im happy with that. we saved about 400

I did some math and the s/p/d would work out better for us then the discount I got earlier when I called. Just tried to call back and all circuits are busy. :sad:

I will try and call back later and you guys are all done tying up the phone lines. Hope you get some good deals!

20 minute wait...well worth it. We got S/P/D POR 9 nights for $3858.00 then got dinged for a $500 discount because we had stayed at POR recently after a cruise bringing the total down to $3355.:banana: Don't wait for the website - CALL!!!

I did some math and the s/p/d would work out better for us then the discount I got earlier when I called. Just tried to call back and all circuits are busy. :sad:

I will try and call back later and you guys are all done tying up the phone lines. Hope you get some good deals!

can you tell me the math you are doing? because I called and only saved $30 initially then $142.. still well below what I was expecting :(

We are staying at pofq jan27-feb 1, dxdp, standard room 6 day ph, 2 adults , 2 kids ages 12 and 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter