January 2013 Discounts

Woohoo - we just saved $952 off of our reservation at POR (4 adults) from 1/15 - 1/20 in a garden view room. Amazing!!! I do have to say that this promo was worth the wait. Now we only owe $185 more on our vacation and it will be paid in full. Awesome news!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Did you get an email about the change? or did you find it on your account online? Im wondering why your discount is so much more than mine was quoted as, lol.

I looked over my ressie online after the adjustment was made with this offer and noticed the hoppers had the no expiration option and then just called and the CM took off the difference and we now have exactly what we had when we booked originally. Just much cheaper:)

We had a 15% AAA discount for AKL Jan 9-13 Room only. Modified it today to 35% Room only Disney Visa!!

I got the 35% off too on a AKV studio suite. I'm over the moon excited. I added on dining and I'm debating upgrading to deluxe dining. Our difference is under $700.

I got the 35% off too on a AKV studio suite. I'm over the moon excited. I added on dining and I'm debating upgrading to deluxe dining. Our difference is under $700.

I called and got a slight discount off our AKL CL RO for 1/2-1/7. I am a bit disappointed that the price only dropped $100. There are three of us going and I was hoping for at least 25% and not 5% (if that). CM said it was really busy and rooms were going fast. Should I call back???

I called back, and asked for code Q85. Adding on the dining plan cost us 358$, isntead of the 1700$ from my first quote. So if you are having trouble, ask them to use code Q85 for moderate/deluxe and T64 for Values.

I called to get the discount on my room only ressie at POP, and to see if I could also get the discount on my son's room since I did book it and pay the deposit on my Disney Visa. The only rooms available for the discount was preferred pool, and we had standard, but I'm still saving about $70 plus we will be closer. The CM had a problem pulling up my son's reservation. I had the confirmation number, and could see the ressie on my Disney page, but she tried and tried. She finally had to get someone else to help her, and the other person finally was able to retrieve it. It had something to do with the Mr vs Mrs on my daughter in laws name! I'm glad I called, I would hate for that to have happened at check in.

So it looks like this deal works out to be just as good as FD would have been for 5 of us in a moderate (CSR suite - one room). 4 nights - 5 adults - 1 suite - 5-day MYW tickets - and regular dining. Original price was about $4500 and it came down to about $3400. Pretty cool. Good luck to all of you.

Disneyqueendenmark said:
Why can't you use the Play/Stay/Dine promo!? I thought I read that to qualify you must stay 5 nights - and you do that, right? Can it be the tickets that you need to have 6 days and you only have 4??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Maybe that's it? Like I said the CM I talked to wasn't very helpful. Neither was the second one I tried...

We saved about $700 on 6 night stay at POR with a Garden View room! We are a family of 4 - all adults ! We're excited! Time to make ADR's!:cheer2:

I called back, and asked for code Q85. Adding on the dining plan cost us 358$, isntead of the 1700$ from my first quote. So if you are having trouble, ask them to use code Q85 for moderate/deluxe and T64 for Values.

Thank you for this info!! We had the same problem but when I called back with this code for the moderate they were able to take care of it for us. It's not as good as free dining would have been, but it only cost us about $500 to add the regular dining plan for 4 adults for 12 nights - that's just over $10 per person per day for food, no way we can beat that without free dining! :cool1:

:sad: im just gonna go sit over here with the rest of the non visa card holders and make sad faces till the 10th ;)

seriously, high fives for everyone who dates fit with the promo!

niffer5150 said:
:sad: im just gonna go sit over here with the rest of the non visa card holders and make sad faces till the 10th ;)

I will join you!

Me too...sad faces :( and worried faces :worried: , hoping that my resort is available for my dates with the stay/play/dine plan, and all you lucky dog Visa people didn't take all the rooms :rotfl:

Does anyone know... If I apply (and am approved) for the Visa right now, can I take advantage of the promo?

I think it takes 7-10 days for the actual card to come in the mail but by then the public discount will be available and I fear all the good rooms will be gone.

snuggly duckling said:
Does anyone know... If I apply (and am approved) for the Visa right now, can I take advantage of the promo?

I think it takes 7-10 days for the actual card to come in the mail but by then the public discount will be available and I fear all the good rooms will be gone.

In the past they made you wait until you physically get the card.

You have to wait. It makes no sense to me either, think of all the people who would be signing up for the card right now if that weren't the case! Don't they want more card holders?

I had to tell them the code over and over for P/S/D and they still kept giving me RO, but finally after I said I thought the discount should be much more than I was quoted did she finally listen and plug in the right code....so if you didnt get a big discount, call back and make sure you give them the code!

You have to wait. It makes no sense to me either, think of all the people who would be signing up for the card right now if that weren't the case! Don't they want more card holders?

Haha. Then I totally just scammed it because I got it! :cool1:

Here's what I did:

• Logged in to my existing January package reservation online
  • Clicked on the "apply" ad for the Disney Visa
  • Applied and was instantly approved
  • If you're instantly approved, you can book / pay for a reservation for WDW even without the card in hand so...
  • I went back in to my reservation and clicked to make a payment toward my balance
  • Made sure to select the new Disney Visa as my payment method
  • I made a $200 payment (essentially re-making the deposit)
  • Called in, the CM could see the $200 payment on the Disney Visa and was able to apply the promo
  • Woo hoo!

I had to switch from POFQ to POR and do a Royal room, but still saved over $400 for our 6 night stay (we also have DxDDP and parkhoppers.)

I can't believe it worked!

Haha. Then I totally just scammed it because I got it! :cool1:

Here's what I did:

• Logged in to my existing January package reservation online
  • Clicked on the "apply" ad for the Disney Visa
  • Applied and was instantly approved
  • If you're instantly approved, you can book / pay for a reservation for WDW even without the card in hand so...
  • I went back in to my reservation and clicked to make a payment toward my balance
  • Made sure to select the new Disney Visa as my payment method
  • I made a $200 payment (essentially re-making the deposit)
  • Called in, the CM could see the $200 payment on the Disney Visa and was able to apply the promo
  • Woo hoo!

I had to switch from POFQ to POR and do a Royal room, but still saved over $400 for our 6 night stay (we also have DxDDP and parkhoppers.)

I can't believe it worked!

Good work! I wonder how many apps they will get now?:rotfl2:

I had to tell them the code over and over for P/S/D and they still kept giving me RO, but finally after I said I thought the discount should be much more than I was quoted did she finally listen and plug in the right code....so if you didnt get a big discount, call back and make sure you give them the code!

I'm glad everyone is posting this. I booked the RO discount this morning at Poly 4 nights 4 day PH for me, DH, DS(10), DS(10) and DS(5). The total was 2932.84 saving us about $750. Then I started seeing the P/S/D and called to see what the rate difference was and CM said total would be 3890.92 with dining. I specifically asked if that was the correct rate for the P/S/D with the visa discount and he said yes. That is almost $1000 dollars for us to eat for 4 days. I didn't think that was right and just kept my RO discount. I guess I'll try to get a different quote again tomorrow :confused3!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter