January 2013 Discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Grumpy Grandma, Apr 13, 2012.

1. snuggly duckling

snuggly duckling Mouseketeer

Our package was already booked. My understanding of promos is that only a certain number of rooms at each resort are allocated for the promo and once they're gone, they're gone. Just because we have a royal room at POR booked doesn't mean that there would be a discount available to apply to it, if all the allocated rooms were already spoken for. Sure, I could pay full price in order to stay with our friends, but I wanted to get the promo too!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jenf22

jenf22 DIS Veteran

I had this same thing happen. I called for the RO rate and then called later once I found out there was another offer. The price with the dining was crazy! I emailed my TA and she came back with a quote that was $300 less than what the CM on the phone said. For us it basically worked out to free dining. The last free dining deal was $1228 for 4 nights, 2 adults, 1 child, and 3-day base tickets. This deal came up $1270. So not bad. I say call again! Good luck!

4. weesignlanguage

weesignlanguage DIS Veteran

I think that is right. I just asked this question in a thread too. I have had a standard room at POFQ since July but when I called at 11:00 am yesterday, I was told there were no standard rooms and had to bump to a garden view. So I don't think it makes any sense to go ahead and make a package ressie. It will not guarantee you a room. :-( I wish it had for us but now we are 200.00 over budget bc I couldn't get the standard room.

5. peaceluv&mickeymouse

peaceluv&mickeymouse Mouseketeer

Other people have applied for the Disney Visa and used it right away to get this deal now. That may be an option for you.

Anyway....good luck , I hope you end up with your peeps!

6. wolfawk

wolfawk Earning My Ears

Yes those are my dates. Dang now I gotta change my dates.

7. mckinfam

mckinfam Earning My Ears

I called yesterday at 4:00 p.m. and used the Q85 code for the s/p/d package at POFQ standard room, 2 adults, 5 nights, 5 day tickets, (Jan 24-29) and the first CM quoted me a price of $2,224. I specifically asked if that was the price using that code and she said yes. I didn't think that was right, so I politely hung up and called back a few minutes later. The next CM quoted $1,585. If we had gotten free dining, it would have been about $1,518 so I can live with the $66 difference. Very excited to be visiting the World with my daughter!

8. JessicaW1234

JessicaW1234 Mouseketeer

What do you think was done wrong? Was that for quick or regular dining? I'm trying to figure out if they miscalculated ours too.

9. snuggly duckling

snuggly duckling Mouseketeer

Haha. Already done. We are in where we need to be. I was the one who figured out how to use the promo right after applying for the card :)

10. mckinfam

mckinfam Earning My Ears

It was for regular dining and I just don't think the CM knew what she was doing. I priced it out on the disney reservations website and the price she quoted was even more than rack rate with the dining plan and tickets (no discounts).

11. Mom2kmta

Mom2kmta Earning My Ears

According to another thread the Stay/Play/Eat deal is adults pay kids prices for tickets and meal plans. So the more adults in your party the better your going to make out.

12. mybatmobile87

mybatmobile87 Mouseketeer

I know the offer says it excludes those dates but my arrival date was the 19th and I still got the 25% discount for the AOA suite from 1/19-1/24. I think it would be worth a shot to try and see if it works for you!

13. wolfawk

wolfawk Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I certainly didn't want to have to change any of my dining reservations. But if I have to to save the most money, I will.

14. goofytwo

goofytwo Mouseketeer

At the bottom of the offer, it says to ask about great rates 1/18 - 1/20. There must be a discount of some sort for those dates but probably just not as much as the others.

15. Halloweenqueen

Halloweenqueen Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

We are planning a trip the 19th-28th. Maybe a RO ressie for the first two nights, then a package might work. Of course all this work will be for nothing if FD comes out.

16. Bo Duke

Bo Duke (Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but Y

can we maybe get a bunch of you who have gotten either of the deals to post
    1) trip setup (dates, resort, ticket and ticket options)
    2) projected cost and actual cost after savings

My hope is to get some organization and idea of the actual savings on these.
    thanks

17. judypriv

judypriv Mouseketeer

Our original plan was dining at AoA little mermaid room for 9 days with 8 day PHoppers. Me, Hubbard and the kids (5,6 and 17 months). $ 3869. Now we got same days (1/31-2/9) at POR with dining for $ 3300. Less money and better package. We could have gone with AS or Pop for $ 2600 for same time but with quick service over table service. Still mulling if we made the right call. Rack rates tell me we have almost $1000 but I still think FD would have been better.

18. WeLuvTink!

WeLuvTink! DIS Veteran

We saved 26.35%. Full price would have been $5204.65 and we'll pay 3834.52. Not as good as free dining but it's enough for us.

Our ressie: Jan 2-12 - POFQ Garden View (standard not avail my dates)
    10 day base tickets (3 adult 1 child)
    Reg dining plan

19. goofytwo

goofytwo Mouseketeer

Our dates are January 17 - January 25, 2 adults, 2 children and an infant
    Original Quote:
    Wilderness Lodge Standard Room, 7 days MYW tickets and Dining Plan with trip ins: $5254.24
    New Quote: $4457.26

Other quotes for the same dates and options with the discount that I got while on the phone:
    POFQ (garden view): $3344.68
    Contemporary (garden wing): $5377.46

20. poohmickey

poohmickey Mouseketeer

POR preferred room Jan29-Feb9 11 nights,
    2 adults, 2 teenagers,
    6 day hopper and water park and more passes

with no dining would have been $3890

With dining plan would have been $ 6336

With discount is $4388

basically we're paying $498 for 11 days of dining, not as good as free dining but pretty darn good!! :goodvibes

21. BanditsMommy

BanditsMommy Mouseketeer

Okay so I switched again... I swear they are going to cut me off soon lol! We are now booked at CSR in a preferred room and guaranteed king bed from 1/2-1/8 for $930.82. Not too bad and only $350 more than the Pop for our dates.