January 2013 car rental

Has anybody made a new reservation with Alamo and noticed that it does not include and additional driver in the cost. I have always had an additional driver included in my cost. Not a fan of the new website, just want to say!!!

I need a one day reservation in Anaheim. Pick up DTD and return at Long Beach. Does anyone have the cheapest option suggestion for me? Any codes? I can get the rental for $51 but taxi would be about the same thing.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

I need a one day reservation in Anaheim. Pick up DTD and return at Long Beach. Does anyone have the cheapest option suggestion for me? Any codes? I can get the rental for $51 but taxi would be about the same thing.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

One day rentals are tough to find coupons for, other than upgrades. I see Alamo is the company at DTD--they also have another location just offsite--check rates at both to see if one is cheaper. Sign up to be an Insider and you get a small discount. Check for last minute rates (used to be code IG)

You may also want to check out Kayak or another site to compare rates for other companies that are located just offsite.

And Mousesavers keeps pretty good track of the various discount codes/coupons available.

Maura

My ressie with Alamo dropped $40 today. 1/1-1/13 full size for 217 using Visa and Insiders. Would love National to start dropping but $220 for 12 days I can live with.

Has anybody made a new reservation with Alamo and noticed that it does not include and additional driver in the cost. I have always had an additional driver included in my cost. Not a fan of the new website, just want to say!!!

Yes, I called and asked and was told it is still free for insiders. I used the Costco code and it used to be included with Costco, too.

Just checked rates for my dates 1/9-1/19 Full Size car....yesterday it was $196 today it is $583 YIKES!!!!!

That's with insider's code and $40 off BJs coupon

Just checked rates for my dates 1/9-1/19 Full Size car....yesterday it was $196 today it is $583 YIKES!!!!!

That's with insider's code and $40 off BJs coupon

My Alamo reservation just skyrocketed too - I got a premium (only because it was the cheapest) rental 1/10-1/15 down to $161. Today it's up to $465 - economy is @ $315.
I'll keep an eye on it, but I think the low rates are gone. I'm happy with what I got - (insiders and AD2338FDF 30 off). National hasn't come down at all yet - they are sky high.

Didn't really want a rental while we are there in Feb (checking in Jan 31), but if we go to Sea World, etc...we might as well get a car for the week instead of just two days, right?

I just read the last few pages of this thread and am worried I waited too long to get a good rate. Darn!

Has anyone noticed that Dollar's codes do not extend into January? When do they typically release codes for the following month?

On Thursday, we were able to reserve a full size car through Alamo for 1/5-1/18 for $121/week, $278 total w/ BJ's coupon & Insider member. We watch everyday. This is our fourth "ressie" for this trip. Today it is back up high.

I got mine down to $173 last week for 9 days of rental. It's over $350 now for the same time.

Can anyone help. I may be looking in the wrong place, but after logging in to Alamo Insiders, I see all car classes listed to choose from except a minivan. Has anyone else seen this?

Muddy Rivers said:
Can anyone help. I may be looking in the wrong place, but after logging in to Alamo Insiders, I see all car classes listed to choose from except a minivan. Has anyone else seen this?

They might be sold out for your dates. They are sold out for my dates too ( jan 3-13).

Muddy Rivers said:

They might be sold out for your dates. They are sold out for my dates too ( jan 3 -13). Keep checking everyday as people may cancel.

I just got an amazing rate from Payless Car Rental. It's almost too good. Does anyone have any experiences with Payless, good or bad? Is there a reason I shouldn't stick with this reservation and consider myself lucky?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter