January 2013 car rental

We had originally booked through a corporate discount via DH's work - I think it was Hertz or National (picking up at MCO for 2 weeks; minivan) and the cost was $800 all in. DH thought that was a decent rate UNTIL I came across this DIS thread and saw the budget deal. We booked and it came to $589 all in! A steal right?? Well I just got an email from Southwest since we are flying with them and they offered $444 all in!! A minivan for 2 weeks for just $444 all taxes included! Crazy good pricing :cool1:

So if you are flying Southwest - check your email!

I have a Costco membership, but never tried booking a car rental through them. Can someone help me with how to do that?

You will need to go to the Travel site @ Costco.com. Next go to rental cars, plug in your info & they pretty much do the rest for you. You will have to create an account if you decide to book thru the site. HTH

You will need to go to the Travel site @ Costco.com. Next go to rental cars, plug in your info & they pretty much do the rest for you. You will have to create an account if you decide to book thru the site. HTH

Thank you. Easy to find, but still more $$ than my current reservation with enterprise. Best I could do was an SUV for the 10 days at $296. I can live with it.

Thank you. Easy to find, but still more $$ than my current reservation with enterprise. Best I could do was an SUV for the 10 days at $296. I can live with it.

Have you priced 1 way from SBF to MCO, then new reservation MCO to SBF? You may be able to knock down your price. Happy travels:thumbsup2

Double check your Costco Reservation. Mini-Van rates are rock bottom!

Just re-booked a mini-van with Budget at MCO, 1/25-1/30 for $127! Happy Dance! Much lower than what I kept trying to get through Priceline (name your price).

You can try Budget as well using travelocity code x474200 and e-coupon mupz044 for $40 off. Total I get is $255 inc taxes after e-coupon is applied when return minivan.

I looked it up and from what I can tell e-coupon mupz044 is for AARP members, I would love to use it but do not want to encounter any trouble at the return counter. Is this coupon available for anyone to use? Thanks!

I tried to do that and it came up with a great rate of $165 for Budget Minivan Jan 30 - Feb 6. But when I tried to finish the booking I got to a part that said I needed to be a Costco member who lived in the US, I am in Canada.

I tried to do that and it came up with a great rate of $165 for Budget Minivan Jan 30 - Feb 6. But when I tried to finish the booking I got to a part that said I needed to be a Costco member who lived in the US, I am in Canada.

You do have to be a Costco member (with a membership card) to use the Costco rate.

You do have to be a Costco member (with a membership card) to use the Costco rate.

I am a Costco Member but live in Canada. When you use the Costco Travel site you have to click to agree to all the rules and Costco Travel Terms and Conditions states "are available to Costco members residing in the United States"

I finished the booking anyway and it sent me a Budget confirmation number which I punched in on the Budget site and all the correct info is there including correct discounted price so I will proceed ahead with that.

I am a Costco Member but live in Canada. When you use the Costco Travel site you have to click to agree to all the rules and Costco Travel Terms and Conditions states "are available to Costco members residing in the United States"

I finished the booking anyway and it sent me a Budget confirmation number which I punched in on the Budget site and all the correct info is there including correct discounted price so I will proceed ahead with that.

:thumbsup2pixiedust:

It would be in your best interest to have a membership. Companies have been known to see the card and if you do not have a membership you will be forced to pay the "walk up" rate which can be very very expensive.

It would be in your best interest to have a membership. Companies have been known to see the card and if you do not have a membership you will be forced to pay the "walk up" rate which can be very very expensive.

I don't think she's saying she doesn't have a Costco membership. She's saying she has a Canadian Costco membership.
OP when we were members my Canadian membership was fine.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter