January 2013 car rental

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MinnieVanMom, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MinnieVanMom

MinnieVanMom DIS Veteran

Is there a forum yet for January? I did a search and it didn't pull anything up so if not I will start.

I checked a minivan for 9 days and got a price of nearly $700:lmao:

I know they will be lower but I don't know when, so I need to just keep checking for lower prices.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

Using the KLM contract code for National I priced a Corolla, 5 days, for about $188.

4. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Last year I went in January, and the good rates didn't come out until late--I modified my reservation in December and got a compact car for 5 days from Alamo for $69--tax included.

Was checking earlier today and even Costco code didn't cause any price drop. Just need to be patient (not my strong suit!)

Maura

5. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

I'm waiting too! I would love a good rate from either Alamo or National.

6. At World's End

At World's End DIS Veteran

A couple of months ago I booked a minivan for 10 days for $472 inclusive. I booked with Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity code). We need room for 6, so I have to rent a minivan. Last year I booked a full size (there were 4 of us last trip) with Alamo for $200 for 10 days and we ended up finding a minivan on the aisle. I booked at that rate the night before our trip, so I will definitely be watching rates right up until the very end.

7. 3tink3

3tink3 Earning My Ears

Would love to find a great price for the marathon weekend!!!

8. livinlife25

livinlife25 DIS Veteran

How are you guys finding these codes? Airfare for our flights keep on rising, so we are looking at back up plans now

9. jmasgat

jmasgat DIS Veteran

Mousesavers.com is a great place to find car rental codes. It still is early for January, though.

10. disneyeveryyear

disneyeveryyear <font color=FF99FF>Not fully packed until she gets

Count me in as another one waiting. We are going 1/1 - 1/7 and the kids are each taking a friend so we will need a van or SUV this year. :eek:

11. bjakmom

bjakmom DIS Veteran

I'm watching too!

12. tasilva

tasilva Earning My Ears

Got Minivan thru Alamo for 1/12 to 1/19 for $292.53 total using Entertainment book $25 off weekly rental and Alamo insiders 10% off. Not horrible but I'm hoping to get it even cheaper as we get closer.

13. disneyeveryyear

I was able to get a minivan for 1/1 - 1/7 at Budget for $302 (including all taxes).

I used the travelocity code X474200. I did log in with our fastbreak # first.

I have a couple of car coupons at home that came out of a school coupon book fundraiser. I will see if there is anything to bring it down a little more.

14. disneyeveryyear

Unfortunately, my coupon had a last pick up date of 12/31/12 and we arrive 1/1/13.

Oh well, I'll keep looking for coupons that work.

15. soontobewed07

soontobewed07 DIS Veteran

Looking here too. January 16th (we get in at 1215am)and leaving the 23rd haven't found anything cheaper than $500 for a minivan YIKES!

16. nascargirl

nascargirl DIS Veteran

We will also be heading to the world in January. We usually rent from Alamo to hoping they have good rates. I have a car rented for the beginning of Dec and not really happy with the rate at the moment.

17. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

We are paying $224 for a midsize (Corolla) from National, from 1/4 returning 1/10. Used the KLM contract code and this rate includes all fees, LDW, and supplemental comprehensive insurance.

18. webworm

webworm DIS Veteran

Try Budget and use travelocity code x474200 and minvan is $359inc taxes. The coupons expire Dec 31 but you can add one later and get another $30 off when you return vehicle to bring it down to $329.

19. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

Oooh glad I found this thread!!

20. jnsma

jnsma Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Thanks for that Budget code, that is bar far the best that I've found yet.
    Looking for SUV or Minivan from 1/12 to 1/21, with the code it was $415 with all fees.

Just to restate what others have said, keep checking as I predict the prices will go down. I held a car just incase they don't.
    We went last year the same time for the same duration and prices were over $600 until late November when they dropped dramatically. By that point I had gotten nervous enough that I booked with a priceline auction and was stuck.
    I'm going to wait it out this year with the Budget backup.

21. LaurenLC

LaurenLC DIS Veteran

Sure hope rats lower! Took a look for January 16- January 23 and I about died! Hope to hear about some great deals in the near future!