January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part II !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's pictures look awesome! :goodvibes

Congrats to everyone making it under the 4 month mark this week! :cool1:

And I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who is very excited that Grey's Anatomy is back on tonight!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Glad I could help. I am such a geek about stuff like that we are always quoting SW lines to each other in my family.:3dglasses

Fave in our house (with scrunched up face and whiney voice):
"But I was going to go into Toshi Station and pick up some power converters"

LOVE IT EVERY TIME!

Narcoosees, because I've heard you can see the MK fireworks from it. I've never actually been there though, so my opinion may be invalid. Besides, the boat ride to the GF might be fun for your last night.

I think I've been getting on here too much lately, because I was reading in my Biology book (while sitting in front of the computer), got to the end of a page, and tried to scroll down using the mouse, instead of turning the page.:rotfl:

Are you reading that horribly huge maroon Campbell and Reece Biology book or do you get special ones!! I remember the day of the large and I mean Large Biology books...sorry someone said Biology and my eyes lit up.

I have no idea what advice to get give you Soleil!! If you aren't completely satisfied though maybe you should make the change and find something that will excite you for your last night!!

Hmm think we can get him to "talk" to our husbands & show them the "light" or pixy dustpixiedust: pixiedust: as the case my be?:rotfl2:

There is no hope for my hubby LOL!!! Maybe he'll change his tune when we have kids until then solo trips or trips with other family are in my future. LOL!!

Its LUNCH TIME...woot 1.5 hours of posting with my snowbirds as I eat my turkey sandwich and drink a Dr. Pepper WOOT!!

Alright ladies...let's get down to business!!!! :groom:

I seriously have to get myself organized. :scared: So all of you very organized people please share some info about your binders- how do you organize it, what sections, etc.!

Everyone's pictures look awesome! :goodvibes

Congrats to everyone making it under the 4 month mark this week! :cool1:

And I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who is very excited that Grey's Anatomy is back on tonight!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

I figured it out...I'm uber uber hyper and in a seriously good mood (like giddy, like scarying my students with my insane good mood) because

Dr. Pepper, actually coming up with a title for my PTR, and the anticipation of Grey's Anatomy...this is bound to be a great Thursday!!!

I figured it out...I'm uber uber hyper and in a seriously good mood (like giddy, like scarying my students with my insane good mood) because

Dr. Pepper, actually coming up with a title for my PTR, and the anticipation of Grey's Anatomy...this is bound to be a great Thursday!!!

You're about a bad as my DDad with the Dr. Pepper! My DDs got him Dr. Pepper lip balm for Christmas because they thought he needed it! :rotfl2:

I seriously have to get myself organized. :scared: So all of you very organized people please share some info about your binders- how do you organize it, what sections, etc.!

Hello allow me to introduce myself..my name is Jen and I suffer from a rare disease called Disney OCD...you ask about binders..well let me give you the basics...

1) Must be at least a 2 inch binder or you'll need to purchase two
2)Rainbow or pastel color page seperators are a must (Its a Disney Binder it has to look Pretty)
3)I break my binder into categories
~Trip information (Itinerary, reservation for hotel, rental car, maps, budget and such) I also have hotel information like phone number and taxi cab numbers and such!
~Magic Kingdom Info (This includes my plan for tackling the park along with a map of the park and dossiers (sp?) of particular rides I like with Hidden Mickey comments highlighted) (I kid you not people LOL)

~EPCOT info (contains the same as above)

~Disney Studios Info (contains the same above)

~Animal Kingdom Info (contains the same above)

I have a huge binder that I need to replace with a bigger one which is why my husband's Office Depot gift card has "mysteriously" disappeared...and why I might be shopping there after school tonight!

WOW....you guys are on happy overload .... today I will find out if I am crazy.... seriously...lol.... I have an appointment at 2:30 today for a pshyc evaluation.... now before you all go..."I knew there was something wrong with that maggied person...." the reason for the pshyc eval is that I am having gastric bypass surgery and it is one of the requirements.... I don't meet the weight requirements (must be atleast 100 lbs overweight) but due to other "health" issues I have been approved.... that is as long as I am not determined to be "crazy".... my DH believes I will fail... he thinks I am crazy... lol

Good morning snowbirds!

Every day is one day closer to January!!! :cool1: I can't stop looking up WDW info online! I must be stopped!

Survivor starts tonight and I'm so glad! When Big Brother ended I thought I'd go into reality show withdraw! Bring on the Amazing Race too!!! Can't wait!

Have a great day!

OK kinda on the same note - Is anybody planning on making their own itinary book?? I have working on a little book to take on our trip. It has all our ADR's, reservation #'s, tips, menus, WDW triva, and games for my son to play while waiting (tic-tac-toe) and more. I was planning on taking it to Staples and getting it bound.

Is anybody else doing something like this or am I the only crazy WDW planner here? :woohoo:

If so any other suggestions to add??

You're about a bad as my DDad with the Dr. Pepper! My DDs got him Dr. Pepper lip balm for Christmas because they thought he needed it! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I have some of that in my purse:rotfl: Oh I'm a DP addict LOL!!

Since Grey's Anatomy debut I have noticed that my vocabulary has been attacked by the word seriously...like seriously!!:rotfl:

OH MY WORD! :eek: 9 pages? My , my we are quite the chatty bunch today! :) Well, I can understand Jenjolt what with all that Dr. Pepper in her system, but the rest of you......tsk, tsk! ;)

Let's see, what have y'all been gabbing about today......scrapbooking, family photos, cinnamon buns, TV show season debuts, Star Wars, and hunting? :confused3

Well, incase anybody missed last nights announcement, I changed my O'Hana ADR to a different day so now we are cleared for Spectro! :cool1: Now I need to know ..... where is a good place to see the parade? My kids WILL NOT be in favor of sitting and waiting for more than 15 - 20 mins, half hour at the most. Anybody have any suggestions?

Okay, so I've been reading these posts for along time, just never chimed in (as you can tell by my LOW post count, I just don't post much - I learn from everyone else!:) ).

We are a snowbird family, too. It's me, my Hubby and son (who will be celebrating turning 6 at disney!). We are staying at a moderate for the first time (CBR) - we normally stay at Movies!

Here's what I came to share, as, after reading all of these posts, I know only you all will understand.......I just walked over to the mall and the have CLOSED THE DISNEY STORE!!!:scared1: I just couldn't believe it! It was there a month ago!! And now.....its a CALENDAR store! :sad1: I knew they were closing stores, but, you know how it is...you never think it'll happen to you!:)

Okay, that's done. Now that my depression is over, I can get back to reading everyone's posts and continue the excitement until our next trip to Disney!!! Thank you for allowing me to share.

Fave in our house (with scrunched up face and whiney voice):
"But I was going to go into Toshi Station and pick up some power converters"

LOVE IT EVERY TIME!

other favs of ours ____ I'd rather kiss a Wookie You're not actually going into an asteriod field (usually aimed at DH driving) and I thought they smelled bad on the outside (aimed at DS) & the best In Vaders Voice I am altering the deal pray I don't alter it any further (aimed at all 3)

Mel- Also a huge ER fan. Very sad it's the last season. Can't wait to see how they end it all.

CrystalCastle- I am also a reality show junkie! I can't wait for the race to start. The winner of BB10, Dan, was from my city!! Yeah for Dearborn!

We keep all our info on a spreadsheet. This is mostly masterminded by my BIL. We will talk daily about disney, then update the spreadsheet.It's saved as an icon on my desktop. It has ADR's, EMHs, plus broken down by parks and what we want to see every day. The only thing it's missing is bathroom breaks. (Brad, if you are reading...remember we have two young girls) Last time he printed like a 4x6 copy of all our ADR times and the conf. # and had it laminated. That way if we split up we would have the times for our next meal. Worked awesome!!

Northern Disney Girl- I believe our girls are around the same ages, mine are 4 and 7. So I was wondering what u plan on taking into the parks for them. I had one in diapers last time so I needed a backpack. Thsi time I would rather go without one.

Off to do some cleaning!

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter