January 19, 2014 Disney Wonder 5 Night Western Carribean Cruise

Hi all, I'm new to the boards here. I just booked our first cruise on Disney and I am already so excited I can't stand it! LOL myself and my husband (28) and our daughter (4) will be on board! We can't wait! Any tips for the first time DCL cruiser? We've been on many cruises, just never lucky enough to be on DCL...until now! My hubby made my dream come true!

:welcome: to the boards. This will be our first Disney cruise too, DS's first cruise.

Welcome to the Disboards! And of course welcome to the cruise!!! Be warned, everyone I've talked to says that once they try DCL they don't go back!

Any questions you have please feel free to ask.

Thanks! I'm sure we'll be hooked on Disney!
8 months can't come fast enough!

Any suggestions on a Cozumel excursion? I'm looking for a nice family beach.

Have any of you ever tried the kids clubs on board? I'm a little nervous to think of leaving my (very tiny) 4 year old with so many big kids. I wish they had more of an age separation.

Have any of you ever tried the kids clubs on board? I'm a little nervous to think of leaving my (very tiny) 4 year old with so many big kids. I wish they had more of an age separation.

This looks to be the only exclusive beach excursion. All the others have something else added on. We're going to do one that explores some ruins and then the beach.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...xcursions/cozumel-mexico/cozumel-beach-break/

I don't have kids so can't talk from personal experience, but everything I've read is that they are very attentive to each and every child. The kids have so much fun they don't want to leave.

We went on our first Disney Cruise this past January and my kids DD5 and DS6 really enjoyed the kids club. DD was 4 at the time and both my kids are on the small side for their ages and they didn't have issues at all with being in the club with older kids. There are so many CM's in the kids area and so many areas and activities for the kids to do there isn't as much intermixing of the older and younger kids in the group as you might think. And because we will be cruising during a time when most if not all schools are in session, the kids club won't be chock full of kids. :thumbsup2

We went on our first Disney Cruise this past January and my kids DD5 and DS6 really enjoyed the kids club. DD was 4 at the time and both my kids are on the small side for their ages and they didn't have issues at all with being in the club with older kids. There are so many CM's in the kids area and so many areas and activities for the kids to do there isn't as much intermixing of the older and younger kids in the group as you might think. And because we will be cruising during a time when most if not all schools are in session, the kids club won't be chock full of kids. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much, I will definitely let her try it out. Hopefully it goes well! :)

Also, we're leaning towards nachi cocum for Cozumel. I've never done an excursion on my own before, we've always opted to go through the cruise line for safety. But there isn't a great selection of beach adventures and I read some wonderful reviews on nachi cocum!

Also, we're leaning towards nachi cocum for Cozumel. I've never done an excursion on my own before, we've always opted to go through the cruise line for safety. But there isn't a great selection of beach adventures and I read some wonderful reviews on nachi cocum!

I've been to Mexico tons of times, all parts, and have never felt in any danger. I hear Cozumel is very safe. :thumbsup2

We will be on this cruise as well! It's our 1st Disney Cruise (and my 1st cruise ever). My group will be myself (35), Hubby (35), Son #1 (will be 4) and Son #2 (will be 2).

We just went to Disneyland & California Adventure in May and had a BLAST. Couldn't wait to get home and book our next Mouse adventure. Luckily I was able to talk the hubby into Cruise. :)

Would love to meet some other families that will be on this same cruise. We have early dining.

Is there a facebook group for our cruise?

We will be on this cruise as well! It's our 1st Disney Cruise (and my 1st cruise ever). My group will be myself (35), Hubby (35), Son #1 (will be 4) and Son #2 (will be 2).

We just went to Disneyland & California Adventure in May and had a BLAST. Couldn't wait to get home and book our next Mouse adventure. Luckily I was able to talk the hubby into Cruise. :)

Would love to meet some other families that will be on this same cruise. We have early dining.

Welcome! You're going to love cruising :)

I did it :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: !
I gently guided my group of friends to agree to sail together on this cruise to celebrate our 50th birthdays:beach::cake::bday: !!!
It took a few months, thus the "relatively" late date for the booking. If I was planning something for my own family you bet I'd have been online when the bookings opened :rolleyes: but I realized that I had to let this trip evolve in its own way. It worked :thumbsup2! So, six of us are sailing with you! I don't have our stateroom numbers yet but we took three verandah rooms category 5 (the first time I sailed was with the family in two deluxe inside staterooms, which were also super!). Only I have been on DCL, two others have cruised with other lines, two have never cruised. I was just determined to make it the best possible experience, and for me that meant D.C.L.
So.... we're onboard:grouphug:

I gently guided my group of friends to agree to sail together on this cruise to celebrate our 50th birthdays:beach::cake::bday: !!!
It took a few months, thus the "relatively" late date for the booking. If I was planning something for my own family you bet I'd have been online when the bookings opened :rolleyes: but I realized that I had to let this trip evolve in its own way. It worked :thumbsup2! So, six of us are sailing with you! I don't have our stateroom numbers yet but we took three verandah rooms category 5 (the first time I sailed was with the family in two deluxe inside staterooms, which were also super!). Only I have been on DCL, two others have cruised with other lines, two have never cruised. I was just determined to make it the best possible experience, and for me that meant D.C.L.

Welcome aboard! I agree, the best possible is definitely DCL :) what a fabulous birthday celebration!

Welcome! I have to tell you, this is our third cruise (first Dcl) with our DD (she will be 4) and I think cruising is the easiest and best way to travel with a little one! I'm sure you guys will love it!!

Hi and :welcome: This is also our first cruise. We don't have a Facebook group yet. :flower3: I think it would be fun to meet up and also have an FE group. Right now we have early dining but I'm going ti change to late. DS will be 12 and I think we'll prefer it and take advantage of a little more pool time once the crowds clear out.

I'm glad you found us. :thumbsup2 I came over to find the link to post it my report for you. :goodvibes

Hello Future Forum Friends....super excited :cheer2: just booked this awesome cruise today as a 16th Bday gift for my son and a 40th Bday gift to myself.

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise and 4th total. This cruise also means we will be one cruise short of hitting the Grand Slam of being on all four ships...looks like we will be rebooking onboard...haha

Looking forward to planning and chatting with all of you real soon :)

Jajomo0118 aka Christa :grouphug:

Hello Future Forum Friends....super excited :cheer2: just booked this awesome cruise today as a 16th Bday gift for my son and a 40th Bday gift to myself.

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise and 4th total. This cruise also means we will be one cruise short of hitting the Grand Slam of being on all four ships...looks like we will be rebooking onboard...haha

Welcome! What a great birthday present :)

Welcome! What a great birthday present :)

:wave2: Thanks...looking forward to getting back to Cozumel and of course Castaway!! We did the Twister Boat to Isla de Pasion last time we were there on our Carnival Cruise....and it became my second favorite island ever!! Wanna guess the first :thumbsup2

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! We just transferred our booking to this cruise. We just got off the dream in February so we are excited to be going on the wonder this time around, plus I cannot wait to go back to castaway cay.

This will be our third DCL cruise. Does anyone have any experience using port miami? Where have you stayed before the cruise? (We were out of port canaveral previously).

Thanks!
Kristin

:welcome: Christa! And I agree with Pam, what an awesome gift for both of you!

What's the twister boat? I'm trying to decide between a beach day or an excursion in Cozumel. I'm leaning towards a beach day but am open to anything.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! We just transferred our booking to this cruise. We just got off the dream in February so we are excited to be going on the wonder this time around, plus I cannot wait to go back to castaway cay.

This will be our third DCL cruise. Does anyone have any experience using port miami? Where have you stayed before the cruise? (We were out of port canaveral previously).

Thanks!
Kristin

:welcome: Kristin. A grand slam? Awesome! This is our first cruise so I look forward to any helpful hints you can share about being on board.

:welcome:

There isn't a Facebook group yet. I'm reading up on FE groups as I think it'd be really fun.

:goodvibes This will also be our first Disney cruise. My son hasn't ever cruised and I did to Mexico years ago.

We had early dining but have decided to change to late. My son will be 12 and we're pool junkies. Looking forward to some slower pool time while a lot of folks are at dinner.

Does anyone have any experience using port miami? Where have you stayed before the cruise? (We were out of port canaveral previously).

We stayed at the HOWARD JOHNSON PLAZA DEZERLAND BEACH..it was a dive...I got it on Hotwire and it was 3.5 stars at that time...it was a wonderful location as far as beach front but the rooms were sad and old!

:welcome: Christa! And I agree with Pam, what an awesome gift for both of you!

What's the twister boat? I'm trying to decide between a beach day or an excursion in Cozumel. I'm leaning towards a beach day but am open to anything.

:welcome: Kristin. A grand slam? Awesome! This is our first cruise so I look forward to any helpful hints you can share about being on board.

Thanks for the welcome!

http://www.isla-pasion.com/all-inclusive-twister-cozumel.html

Its a fun way to get to the beautiful private island. We all enjoyed it alot. It gave us a little thrill and time to relax. Good combo in my eyes :woohoo:

:cool1: Grand Slam as in getting on all 4 ships...that is the goal for us by 2015 :)

I tell you just reading the trip reports, the forum and being apart of this meet will help you a lot. I recommend it to all my friends when they book...Guess I am a DIS goodwill ambassador...haha:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter