• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 18, 2013, A Magical 8 day western

So, um, I'm one that will have a new stateroom number........And a new total number of guests. But I think it's too late to change that for the FE and that's okay. We decided to invite a little girl (not family) who would NEVER get this opportunity any other time. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for her. Who's ready for Jan 18th??? We are!!!

Cool! I'll need your new stateroom number. How old is your additional guest? I can add her to the list with the understanding everyone might already have their gifts final. I generally make an extra or 2 of everything just in case!

Cool! I'll need your new stateroom number. How old is your additional guest? I can add her to the list with the understanding everyone might already have their gifts final. I generally make an extra or 2 of everything just in case!

Good morning!

I was just looking at the google doc of our FE list and our stateroom is listed incorrectly. Our ACTUAL stateroom is going to be 6614 and NOT 6114.

Can we fix this on the doc? Thank you!!! :) :)

Good morning!

I was just looking at the google doc of our FE list and our stateroom is listed incorrectly. Our ACTUAL stateroom is going to be 6614 and NOT 6114.

And I just looked back and I wrote it down wrong back when I first signed up...so it was TOTALLY all my fault! I just want to get it right so we don;t miss out. :) Thanks!!!

Good morning!

And I just looked back and I wrote it down wrong back when I first signed up...so it was TOTALLY all my fault! I just want to get it right so we don;t miss out. :) Thanks!!!

No problem! I just fixed it! :thumbsup2

I still don't have my cruise docs...i called my TA and she said Disney ships them on the same day. My parents got their docs almost 2 weeks ago? ! ?

MelMtlk said:
I still don't have my cruise docs...i called my TA and she said Disney ships them on the same day. My parents got their docs almost 2 weeks ago? ! ?

Mine were sent to my TA and the agency sent them on to me. We got ours on Monday. Maybe the holidays has your mail messed up.

I will be sailing on this cruise along with my husband, 9 yr old son, and 3.5 yr old B/G twins.

I just started reading about fish extenders last week. How does that work? Is it something my little ones would appreciate? I'm looking for fun and creative ways to make the whole cruise experience even more magical for the kiddos.

DCL automatically booked us for a late seating at dinner. I honestly don't think anyone in that dining room is going to appreciate my 3 year olds late night meltdowns. How do I get it changed to an earlier seating?

Also, can I request the cabin steward assemble the kids beds for naps or will they only bring them down at bedtime?

Sorry for posting so many questions.

I will be sailing on this cruise along with my husband, 9 yr old son, and 3.5 yr old B/G twins.

I just started reading about fish extenders last week. How does that work? Is it something my little ones would appreciate? I'm looking for fun and creative ways to make the whole cruise experience even more magical for the kiddos.

DCL automatically booked us for a late seating at dinner. I honestly don't think anyone in that dining room is going to appreciate my 3 year olds late night meltdowns. How do I get it changed to an earlier seating?

Also, can I request the cabin steward assemble the kids beds for naps or will they only bring them down at bedtime?

You can call the phone number for Disney cruise line: 800-951-3532 and ask them if they can change your dinner seating to the earlier time. I'd call ASAP to make sure there is still room at that seating for you.

WeAreKopin said:

Because the cruise is so soon after the holidays we had the cutoff to join the Fish Extender group on Dec. 2nd. I'm sorry. :(

Definitely contact the cruiseline and request that dining rotation change ASAP. If its not available when you call ask to be wait listed. Then, on embarkation day, go to the specified location for dining changes (you'll get a Navigator, daily activity /schedule sheet, when you get to the port that has this info) to try to get it changed as soon as you can if your wait list doesn't come thru. Also, check into the play & dine (or something like that..LOL) that's offered. Not sure of the age ranges or any other particulars so look into it. Basically, the wait staff will bring your little ones' dinners ASAP then the kids club counselors come to the dining room to take the kiddies to the clubs leaving Mom & Dad to enjoy the rest of their meal. Again, not sure of the ages, availability on the Magic, or if there's a cost associated but its an option I've heard of. We've only ever cruised with teens...that you have to nail to the chairs to get them to spend a whole meal with the family before running off to the club. LOL!

Oh! And talk to your room steward as soon as you can on embarkation day. Explain your circumstances and they'll work with you with the beds, etc. They're there for you and eager to do all they can to take care of all your needs. ;)

The Play & Dine offered at late seating is wonderful. It got to where my daughter ate as fast as she could and would forgo desert just so she could go to the kids club when the counselors arrived at the restaurants.

It's dine and play an additional charge and do you need to sign up before hand or just decide each night at that time?

It's dine and play an additional charge and do you need to sign up before hand or just decide each night at that time?

No additional charge. The counselors just come to the restaurant to collect the kids when dinner's over.

I don't do Facebook so I hope someone would be kind enough to share the following info over there so all the bases are covered. The following info can be useful to non-fish extender peeps, too.

SHIP YOURSELF A PACKAGE TO THE SHIP!

For anyone flying into Houston and concerned with baggage fees, good news! You have the option of shipping yourself a package on the ship! Here's the scoop: Items which may not be shipped include water, food or luggage. Any of these items would be returned. Any packages shipped must be received at the address below by 3:00pm the day prior to sailing (January 17th). Please include Name, Sail Date, Ship, Stateroom Number, and Package Contents on the exterior of the box. Address your package as follows:

Ship Name/Guest Name/Sail Date Stateroom Number
C/O Intercruises Shoreside and Port Services
2109 Post Office Street, #318
Galveston, Texas 77550

Again, be sure to include a detailed packing list of everything inside your box. I've always done this by using a ziplock that I creatively taped to the exterior of our box so the zippered opening could still be accessible. Worked great! Remember, no food, water, or luggage! I've shipped myself packages on 2 of the 3 Disney cruises I've taken out of Port Canaveral and it worked great. I timed my shipping so my package arrived 3 days prior to sailing vs. the day before just to be safe. Your package will arrive at your stateroom similar to how your luggage will. I've also been sure to mention to my stateroom host upon meeting him/her to be looking for it for me.

EMBARKATION DAY MEET-UP!

Even if you aren't in the fish extender group you're welcome to come introduce yourself. We've set a meet for 3:00 p.m. on embarkation day in the Promendade Lounge (Deck 3, Aft).

Has anyone on the FB group discussed any other meets??? If so, can someone post that info here??? If not, would anyone be interested in setting a couple time & places for maybe the at-sea days?

Thanks so much for the heads up about the dine & play for second seating. I called DCL and we are on the waiting list for main seating, but the rep on the phone also let me know about the dine & play.

Question for those with school age kids. What are you telling your kids schools the reason for their 6 day absence from school (so soon after the holidays) is? I'm stumped and feeling guilty.

Also, we are staying at the Harbor House the night before. Please let me know if there are any meet-ups planned there. Thanks.

I am also staying at the Harbor House the night before the cruise and would love to have a meet if anyone is interested:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter